Jetting Suggestions (Box of Parts Bike, Need Help!)

colhom

Nov 28, 2004
I'm starting to put my 1997/2005 KDX 220 back together. I grenaded a piston soon after I bought it and trashed the bottom end, but the top end cleaned right up. Anyways, now the engine numbers are 2005, not that it matters. I bought the bike with a motocross pipe and otherwise stock, and it ran OK. Now I have a pro-circuit platinum pipe, Boyesen reeds (not carbon fiber, one level up from OEM) , K&N filter, Eric Gorr more low end porting, bases macined, new nickasil, new seals/gaskets all over, Wiesco Pro-lite Piston, among another grande in chasis and new suspension work. The carb has a one bigger mainjet than stock, but I took all the jets, slide, needle, and floats out ot clean the carb, which was all stock. I ride at 0-1500 feet in Upstate New York, usually between 50-80 degrees. I was wondering if anyone has a similar setup and could give me some basline numbers on the carb jetting to start out with. I'll being fine tuning it in 45 degree weather, so a little rich is ok to start out with.
-Also, the seals in the front master cylinder piston needed replaing, I was wondering if anyone knows were you can buy just the seals, not the whole piston
Thanks alot, I have pictures-
Colin
PS-Any Bultaco advise needed, I could probably help

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom