2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
C'mon, I know your thinkin it.

Who's in?

My Vote for Troy and or Troy overflow.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Me and Rhona .. or is that Rhona and I ? Yeah we're in.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'll be hanging out at camp.

Troy is good; all the way to the back, esp. the last flat spot before the downhill near the creek & potties.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
placelast said:
I'll be hanging out at camp.

Troy is good; all the way to the back, esp. the last flat spot before the downhill near the creek & potties.

Thats what Im thinking, good area to have a community fire and private camps around.

I will have family and possible friends along. Im not yet sure what days I will be going.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
We'll be there in some fashion. Either me comng up solo or with the family.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
It's looking like Ill be in China during the fourth. Man this absolutely sucks since the Kennedy Meadows, July 4th weekend is a tradition for me. Well Ill be think of you guys out having a great time riding while I’m dealing with those commies :pissed:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
So is everyone heading up Friday or Sat?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Saturday for me ...

jbmunnoch

May 7, 2006
I am new to california and am desperately searching for good places to ride in Kings/Fresno county. I looked up kennedy meadows and couldn't help but notice it was so close to my area, is there something going on there for the Fourth??

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Yes for the forth of july a bunch of us head up to ride - camp. new comers are always welcome. Keep an eye on this post as we get closer more details will follow.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
jbmunnoch- come on up, a great place to ride and a great group to ride and hang with. Be sure to look up the Kennedy meadows that is north of Kernville/ Lake isabella and not up near Yosemite.

Ill be going up Saturday am and leaving Tuesday the 4th. Looking to camp at Troy Meadows camp.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'll swing by and hang out, Eel you going to bring back my Guinness? ;)

jbmunnoch

May 7, 2006
hey guys, thanks for the invite!! I am going to try to round up a couple of buddies to come down, a couple of questions though, are 2-strokes red tagged there as well. Probably a stupid question but like I said I am fairly new to riding in california, I have been out here for a few years but I was in San Diego before and didn't have to work so hard to keep myself entertained!! I know that you can't ride in Pismo from memorial weekend til sometime in August and I was just wondering if it was the same in all state parks and if kennedy meadows was a state park.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Red-stickered bikes okay - no restrictions there. It's a national forest; Sequoia, to be exact. My son's and I have been going every summer since '99. Not sure which day I'll arrive but sooner than later and but will be spending more days (overnights) than usual.

Troy Meadows it is.

Oh: and Eddie would go...(come to Troy - you'll like it better.)

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Kav - I'll bring your Guinness and then some.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001

Two things you should consider while up in Kennedy Meadows. First you definately will need a spark arrestor. Second, be prepared for sound testing. We were up there last year and they pulled several riders off at Troy Overflow to sound test our bikes. They werent enforcing sound levels unless you were way above 96db. So be prepared!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Boodac, are you going? My wife wants to make sure that all the women folk are going.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
2strok4fun said:
Boodac, are you going? My wife wants to make sure that all the women folk are going.

Im not sure yet. Work has me scheduled to be in China about that time, however, the kids and the wife may be heading up there to ride anyways. Im hoping to be be back for a breather and hopefully be up there to ride before going back. Ill let you know.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Now the wife is starting to back out. I'll still be there.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
rhona may be out also due to a job opportunity ... so it may be all riding, all the time, for me.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…