2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Arrrggghhh! You guys are killin me. If all the girls back out it will be little or no riding for me, or at least we'd leave on Mon instead of Tue. :(

C'mon. You guys just arent trying hard enough. Get out there and sell! Everyone knows that nothing is better for the complexion than fresh mountain air mixed with campfire smoke and bike exhaust followed by a cool stream skinny dip.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
2strok4fun, does that mean we have to endure you running around in your Speedos before the mosquitoes chase your butt into the river again? :(

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Boodac said:
2strok4fun, does that mean we have to endure you running around in your Speedos before the mosquitoes chase your butt into the river again? :(

they werent my speedos, they were my shiny hiney riding shorts. :moon:

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I was looking forward to bringing the family. First problem was I waited too long to book a RV. Secondly one of my wife's friends invited her to go to some tree-hugger,berkinstock wearin, yoga retreat. I was blown away that she would even consider camping in a tent in NM for a week with a bunch of other hairy armpitted alpha females, but hey "whatever floats your boat"

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
ok ok I'll camp at Troy (not Troy overflow though). From the sound of things the riding might not even be open by the 4th. Anyone have any updates?

I wonder if there is any chance we could get Natty and FJ to come down? <hint hint>

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
FYI -

Troy Meadows Campground WILL BE CLOSED some OF 2006 FOR CONSTRUCTION! this will not affect the Troy overflow area, but there probably won't be any water available at Troy - get water at Black Rock or Fish Creek. Check with the Kernville to see what the status is - construction has been a bit delayed.
760-376-3781

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
thumbs said:
FYI -

Troy Meadows Campground WILL BE CLOSED some OF 2006 FOR CONSTRUCTION! this will not affect the Troy overflow area, but there probably won't be any water available at Troy - get water at Black Rock or Fish Creek. Check with the Kernville to see what the status is - construction has been a bit delayed.
760-376-3781

A bit delayed! No kidding. What has it been over 2 years now? Ill check into it before we head up.

Tony, is your whole clan going? The friends that were going to go with us, the same that went to Sweetheart and keg run, are not going to be able to make it. Kim is getting a little anxious about little or no gals going like last year.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'm not sure yet Chris. Julie and I might be going to Portland that weekend but we are not sure yet. I'll know more hopefully next week.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Whatever happened to the days when the entire campsite was full of Dirt Riders. This blows. Maybe we should move this thread out to get some more attention.

If Nattie and Farmer John come down that's great.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey what about CspineRider and CRF_Tom, I think they are up for more punishment. :)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Yeah about a 30 minutes up the 14/395 from Red Rock exit near Pearsonville head north up 9 mile road to KM.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I would really like to go!!!! I will have to see if my limo driver (Farmer John) is up for the challenge!! It's been AGES since I camped and cooked and rode dirtbikes with peeps :cool:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
I would really like to go!!!! I will have to see if my limo driver (Farmer John) is up for the challenge!! It's been AGES since I camped and cooked and rode dirtbikes with peeps :cool:

Now that would be a good thing; to see you two there!

Speaking of peeps, at the last enduro 2strk4fun & I were rummaging thru the Scar-car - din't find anything we wanted, yet found a package of them yeller things all in a row together! You'd usually only see them at easter...

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
placelast said:
Speaking of peeps, at the last enduro 2strk4fun & I were rummaging thru the Scar-car - din't find anything we wanted, yet found a package of them yeller things all in a row together! You'd usually only see them at easter...

Yeah my wife's been trying to get someone to eat all those up.

It might just be me heading up this year, no family.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Wow I might have spoke too soon. Wife and kid studied the accomodations at this Yoga camp they were planning and now are having second thoughts. You knows, maybe they are going with me.....

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
That would be great Scott.

Ill prep a dinner party on the smoker, Sunday night? no cover charge for the women. :) Whole chicken? Turkey Breast? Pork loin? Beef ribs? Trout? or combo? Texas hold-em to follow???

Tim, Kim wants to call your wife to twist her arm. Cabernet, right? That may not be exactly what you want, but Im thinking about myself here! LOL>

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
GETMETOCA said:

Dang it, I'm out.
I will be in Oregon on vacation with the wife & kids.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Julie and I along with Bundy and his family are all in.

I'll bring the cards and poker chip.

Tri-tip will be on the menu.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
thumbs said:
Julie and I along with Bundy and his family are all in.

I'll bring the cards and poker chip.

Tri-tip will be on the menu.

Cool! :cool:

Ill provide meal on Sunday or we can mix & match. The smoker can hold a good amount on 2 tiers.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well FarmerJohn won't be down, he will be in Oregon. I am most likely heading up Friday and will come back sometime Monday. If Troy doesn't have water then I'll set up over at Fish Creek.

Sounds like the entire Thumbs and Bundy crews are IN!! WooHoo

BigSchafft

Apr 20, 2000
What up Tony, Ed; Ryan here.
Long time no ride!

The family and I will be rolling up Sat morn along with another family and will be staying at Troy overflow. Cant wait to see this place in person, saw some pictures on another website and it looks grrreat. Sounds like a lot of people will be up there, having not been to KM beofre I hope the overflow does not over-populate!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Very cool Ryan, it'll be good to see ya again. You and the family will love it up there. You'll be good to go with the overflow. Come find me when you get settled. Silver Toyota Tundra and black enclosed bike trailer. I'll either be in Troy or Fish Creek (not overflows).

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I ordered the crank for the YZ today, it will be here tomoarrow... Maybe I'll have a bike that runs... :)

(About time)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Kav said:
I ordered the crank for the YZ today, it will be here tomoarrow... Maybe I'll have a bike that runs... :)

(About time)

You have a bike? :laugh:

either way, hope to see you up there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom