the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
My plans have taken shape and I'm gonna be on my own after all … Rhona can't make it. I'll probably be coming up Friday night and since I don't know the other campgrounds, I will probably camp at Fish Creek - especially since there is running water, toilets and shade. I'm planning on long rides on Saturday and Sunday during the day and hopefully jaunts at night as well. I'll leave on Monday - maybe ride a little Monday morning. See you all there !

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Looks like Bundy will be up on Friday with the trailer and the rest of us will be heading up on Friday night after we all get off work. We will be heading home on Monday.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Cool. This is gonna be a good vacation ... looking forward to seeing everyone.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tony/Eric...if either of you want me to try and save a spot for you in the campgrounds near wherever I land just let me know.

Eric - if you want to join up for food let me know. I'll be taking everything needed to cook, eat etc. if you want to pack light and eat well. Also - Troy meadows is just past Fish Creek but on the right hand side - Cant miss it.

I am thinking maybe I'll put an arrow at the Fish Creek entrance - either pointing to me at Fish or pointing up the road to Troy.

I plan to do a firewood run Friday afternoon if anyone is around and needs firewood.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I just called the ranger station at Kernville, Troy is closed for the summer, so Fish it is. Eddie, if you can save some space for my trailer it would be much appreciated. I am planning on leaving OC on Saturday in the AM.

Firewood: I have mucho and will be bringing a fair amount. If others want to pick up some to bring up let me know ahead of time but you will have to venture to the concrete jungle of south LA (105 near 710). 2strok4fun at adelphia.net

Ill be doin some meat smokin on Sunday (hold the jokes) if we want to do some pot luck.

I have some trail plans that should be good for some adventure. :)

BigSchafft

Apr 20, 2000
Is fish creek cg large or is it limited to the designated campsites? I assume coming up sat morning, all of the spots would be taken, but if there is room for two more trailers we would prefer to join you all at fish creek instead of troy overflow.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Farmer John, I was bummed when I heard you weren't going to make it! :(

It looks like I have talked Quick Mick into coming with me to KM! He just got in from Aus this week - we are going to leave from Modesto Friday afternoon!

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Has anyone rode trails from Fish Creek to Kernville? If so, are the trails fun and less worn compared to the Kennedy trails?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Okay, was there some directions somewhere? I don't remember how to get there! Thanks!

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
From Mo-do go south on 99, east (left) on 58, north (left) on 14 which wyes into 395; north on 395 to Nine Mile Canyon turnoff (big sign: Kennedy Meadows), turn west (left) - it's 30-40 minutes up on the Sierras from there. Fish Creek will be on the LH side; overflow on the right. You will need campfire permit for the overflow but not the regular campground. Eddie is going...

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I'll most likely be coming up Saturday, arrival will be dependend upon bike prep - a goodies order was finally shipped today from Ohio (why did it take over one week to fill? Next time elsewhere!)

May do a short afternoon loop to Rattlesnake via Mahogany in the afternoon, or Jackass; most certainly a night ride into Monache via the 4wd trail/road. I have an extra helmet light for someone, if needed; maybe two if I get an OEM mounted Friday.

Sunday morning wake up (relatively) early, all loaded up and truck in to do the loop out to Oso Meadows via Little Horse and north Beach (maybe Blackrock) and then parts of Albanita; then reload and truck to the west and do the Schaeffer to Stony Meadow and back, then around Bonita Meadow via Trout and Boone.

Leave early Monday morn.

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey PL-

I had the idea of doing the Bonita to Schaeffer to Stony to Rincon deal, wadda think?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Eddie - Bundy will be up on friday with the 5th wheel. If you can save a spot for him that would be great. We stuffed it into the 1st spot at Fishcreek last year.

I'll be bringing 2 trash can full of firewood and the cards and poker chips.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
2strok4fun said:
Hey PL-

I had the idea of doing the Bonita to Schaeffer to Stony to Rincon deal, wadda think?

I hear Rincon gets hot (lower elevation) and loose (dry) this time of year; other than my pre-whine-ing - we can do it. Are you thinking one-way in/back the same way? We can go as far as we care, then; sure - let's do that after the Oso warmup, if that's okay.

Last edited:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
thumbs said:
Bundy will be up on friday with the 5th wheel. If you can save a spot for him that would be great. We stuffed it into the 1st spot at Fishcreek last year.

Yaknow: that Bundy big-boy takes up way too much room; more than his share - there won't be any left for us small-fry tent-ies. Look: big trailer, big bike, besides being a BMF...

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Eddie, just do what you can on the spots, we appreciate it the effort!!

Okay, i'm planning some meals and looking forward to doing some camp cooking with Eddie and making some big-Azz Captains and cokes for anyone who wants to imbibe!!!! And a peach cobbler! And smores makings!!! And and , and , and......! Is it time to go yet!!!??

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well well well the cooking gauntlet has been thrown down. Actually it was thrown down, cleansed and is being used by Team (whatever Natty wants to call us). We are already drinking from it but ... It seems as though Team Bundy (and wives) and (Tony - clean guy but can't cook for damn) and their Tri-tip this, Tri-tip that....(we got nothing but Tri-tip) cooking team is going down..just like the Bundy (I got a piece of meat) teams of the past!

Let it be said and heard now - The cooking team of Natty (ok she doesn't really need a team), MrLuckey and Mick (I got vegemite, care to have some mate) Brejwo... are gearing up!

Eel will have his usual hot dogs and gourmet olives, placelast will RULE with the trailmix (I really mean that) and who knows what the BigSchaffters might come up with....Stay Tuned !!

It's on!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Tri Tip!! Hmmmmmph!!!!! :fft: Okay, I'll have some Tri Tip because all Californians love us our Tri tip, but me and Eddie are gonna add some BAM! to the mix. A little asian-fusian ecclecticisicm, along with a healthy dose of South-O-The-Border incarnation! Our creations are gonna rock the house with "down home" and haute cuisine all at the same time. The cooks just need to be adequately quenched while we're hard at work in Hells Kitchen. I ordain Kiwi and Mick Knights of Bartending during this time. CAN YOU HANDLE IT!!!!?????

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Dang man this is sounding good.

Who will be victorious in "Campground Chef America".

Ill be doing some brined salmon on the smoker with lemon and capers in my usual enigmatic fusion style (read no style).

Placelast- I was thinking of taking the cedar canyon trail down to Rincon even if none of Rincon is done. That part where Rincon and Cedar canyon meet is 5k asl.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
We'll go over the map Sat. afternoon or evening, before the night ride to Monache Mdws. I'll also bring the Sahara gear - found a white mesh jersey, albeit with a tear.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
2strok4fun said:
Ill be doing some brined salmon on the smoker with lemon and capers in my usual enigmatic fusion style (read no style)

That sounds so GOOD right now. :cool:

Placelast, what's this night ride you're talking about?? I'll bring my NiteRider helmet light for someone to borrow.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
We (Men With Lights; and women too!) will be venturing down to Monache Meadows Saturday night, around twilight, along the jeep trail, then back up after seeing the moon reflect on the South fork of the Kern.

I know Scar is game - others? We'd have to truck in there, offload near the Blackrock trail head, or we can do Jackass all the way in and back, although that's a bit of a challenge (did that 2/3 years ago with Herman the German and Trailjunkie, and it's a bit spooky with bigfoot around), so I propose the former jeep trail.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom