GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hmmmm Jackass at night. I think I had enough trouble in the daytime, wasn't that the one with all the switchbacks? Jeeptrails sound good to me!

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Doubt it, Dave, as most will have their full of trails over the prev. w/e.

Nattie: the jeeptrail would be ~6 miles 'round trip, and it is marked as the easiest on the map. But don't let that stop you is at least one spot where a high-clearance vehicle is required; most of it is relatively flat.

Chris: looks like a loop based out of Bonita Mdw, down Schaefer, Canyon and Rincon trails (north only) to the end at the Golden Trout Wilderness border and back is 50 miles; using that route, we could avoid the section of Rincon closest the main road. I'm game. Morning or afternoon? I understand your time may be limited with fam. and therefore you may not be able to do more than that, so I'll give that priority over the other aforementioned loops, which can be done later with the others who want to do more.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
With the exception of the night ride, exactly what are the plans for riding, or is this a Texas Hold em and cooking outing?
Who is heading out for a ride Saturday morning, afternoon, and late afternoon. What about a good old Dirt Rider group ride with Scar's helmet cam?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Not sure about everyone else, but I'd like to try and hit just about every motorcycle-only trail over the course of Saturday, Sunday and Monday - here's what I had in mind:

1. The ride John mentioned up the northerly shoot of the Rincon - except no trucking in - just ride out there from Fish Creek. I calculated about a 60 mile round trip using the trails he mentioned (Cedar Canyon, Schaeffer, etc) plus the trails to connect from Fish Creek (Fish -Troy connector, then the fireroad westerly, Mahogany Creek, part of Rattlesnake to Schaeffer, Cedar, Rincon North and then turn around and do it backwards).

2. A ride from Fish Creek all the way to the end of Rattlesnake and back, with the possible short side-excursion along the way - again, about 60 miles (Fish -Troy connector, then the fireroad westerly, Mahogany Creek, Rattlesnake to the end and back).

3. A spooky night ride in the northeast part of the riding area - about 30 miles (Jackass trails, Granite Broder, Blackrock Mountain, Beach or Little Horse, Beach Ridge and back to camp).

4. An excursion down Cannell Meadow trail - never been on this one and some pictures I saw look awesome. Probably would require driving in to stage somewhere closer ….

5. Any other night ride … John's sounds fun except I'd rather ride than drive !

If I did all that this weekend, I could die happy.

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I plan to ride a few hours Friday, all day Saturday, Sunday and probably half of Monday. Hard telling whose little groups I'll join but I'm like Eric and probably won't be hauling my bike all over the place, we can just ride there!

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Ill prolly do some bike haulin to max both trail and family time. I will plan Sunday to be my big ride day with other spot options. Night rides Ill play by ear but Ill say unlikely, which will free up my nightrider helmet light for someone to use.

Now with Sunday shaping up to be the big ride day, Id like to start in the morning early enough to get 2 rides in possibly before I have to gear up for "Campground Chef America". That is unless we do the Big rides on Monday and Ill take an early Osa meadow loop on Sunday.

Again: ANYONE NEED FIREWOOD??? Contact me, now is the time.

BigSchafft

Apr 20, 2000
Cant beleive its only Tuesday, long week ahead until the vaca starts.

Kiwi what up, take a floater day so you can ride!!
Looks like the Schaffters will be cooking up some carne asada, bbq chicken and yes some tri tip for the 3 nights. Not sure what 426 pilot now crf450pilot will be doing yet, but as for the rides, saturday afternoon will be ride 1 then sunday then monday should both have two rides. pack up and go home tues morn.

I got some firewood, but more is always better for fireplace jenga! 2stroke, where are you located?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
BigSchafft said:
I got some firewood, but more is always better for fireplace jenga! 2stroke, where are you located?

The firewood is located in South LA (Lynwood), Ill be bringing a fair amnt, but the more trucks to haul up 9mi canyon the better. Ill be fully loaded.............

No KIWI. :(
What about old89r???
Elk? you can at least say your going to show up then not. Were used to it. :laugh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
No Kiwi ? :( Well at least I won't have to make "special eggs" for him, he knows how much that pisses me off. ;)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
No Kiwi ? :( Well at least I won't have to make "special eggs" for him, he knows how much that pisses me off. ;)

I'm relieved as well - that means I won't get all nervious and clammy in anticipation of his hug.

Quick Mick

Mar 8, 2004
G'day all you blokes and the sheilas... Finally got some time on the Keys! Great to be back! Will be up or over or where ever with Natti, Just read all the posts and sounds great! Yo Kiwi what the go mate! We need to catch up, think you need to call in sick for work..Just say you through a fetlock and the lootinater broke or something! Last time for all was Reno guessin three years! Trying to track a bike down to ride :bang: but will come regardless to hang out! Oh and got some Bundy rum for ya Natti!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
So far we have:

Thumbs & Julie
Bundy & Family
2stroke4fun & Family
The Eel
Kelsorat
Placelast
Scar
Mr. Luckey & Nikita
Kav
Acenkush & friends
Getmetoca
Quick Mick
Bigshafft & family

Boodac?????? Still in the red country
crf450pilot & family ???????
JBmunnoch & friends??????

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
As to firewood, I am taking my chainsaw rather than haul a bunch of heavy firewood all the way up there. There should be plenty of fallen trees etc as always - if anyone wants to borrow the chainsaw just holler.

Everyone be careful coming up 9 mile...especially if you haven't been up it before, are pulling a trailer or coming at night! For anyone that meets all three :yikes: Have fun lol

426 Pilot

Apr 27, 2000
wuzzzup Tony, Yup, the 426pilot family(426 was 3 bikes ago) will be up there. Look forward to riding with you guys again. We're heading up with the Big Schafft family and leaving early Saturday morning.. with trailer in tow. Save spots if possible, but understand if they fill up. Probably won't be there until 10 or so.

I'm hoping motosport outlet will have my new IMS tank to me by then!!! Supposed to be here by Thursday. I'm ready for some nice single track!!!! Too much burnt out mx track riding the last 2 months.

-Jon

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Almost forgot - for those that haven't been up there before and since Fish Creek will likely fill up quickly - there is also a Fish Creek Overflow...super close, turn right instead of left and you are within walking distance. I think it only holds about 6-8 truck/trailer combos but just pull into fish creek and find us, we'll direct you to the closest spot we can.

Silver Toyota Tundra - black enclosed bike trailer.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
One other question on the directions - Eddie mentioned there was some possibility for confusion when we get to the General Store? Anyone care to elaborate?

See you all Friday eve!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Turn left at the General Store (towards Blackrock Station). You'll immediately drop down a little hill and cross the South Fork of the Kern River and head up hill past the green gate they close in winter.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Natty you actually need to take a curve to the left (instead of going straight) before you get to the general store....any time you see the paved road curve to the left (and I think its only that one time)....look for any buildings that might resemble an old western store...if you see one - GO LEFT :)

NATTY Directions!! lol

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
so would anyone like for me to bring up my turkey fryer for some tasty goodness one night?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I should be out there between 10 and 11 tonite. See you then !

Kav - sure - bring it. I don't have turkey though !

I also have 8 Guinesses in a can for you.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
What about old89r???
QUOTE]

Gotta go to a memorial for one of my neighbors this weekend. Thanks for asking 2stroke.

Sounds like it would be worth the price of admission just to go for the food. I'm getting hungry just reading this thread.

Have fun everyone and stay safe. :cool:

Ol'89r

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I ll be around 1 on Sat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom