LBL Turkey Bay Fall Ride Nov. 12-14

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Don't tell me both of you are still lame ducks!? That collarbone still ailing, Rick?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
DOH!!!!! I got pulled for jury duty. I go this week to see when I report for duty. Friday at this point is up in the air for me but Saturday still looking good. Paddy is workig out of town for the next 2 weeks in Knoxville and gets hom on the weekends so not real sure about him. Havent talked to Tim B to see if he wants to go or not.

So Rick, you gonna come down finally?

Anybody heard from Eddie?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Jury Duty!?

Who all is planning on coming on Friday. If enough are coming on Friday I will take off work at noon and ride.

I still haven't heard from Eddie. He hasn't returned my last few emails... I may call him today.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I am going to leave my house at 7 am Friday morning (Chicago time). 6 hour ride, with no problems!. Dont care if we get together to ride Friday or not. I will probably put around alittle but if you guys dont come till Saturday that is alright by me.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I don't know, I really have no business riding yet, but i have. Pretty much like a gurly man too! LOL!
I thought I might start sumthin by questioning it. I'm still not in full working form yet.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
gnarlykaw said:
but i have. Pretty much like a gurly man too! LOL!

Then you'll fit right in with us!

You need to come ride with us...but don't get yourself hurt anymore than what you already are.

The weather should be nice for the ride. Saturday's forecast is 53 deg. and sunny with 0% chance of rain. We're supposed to get a little rain Thursday which should make trail conditions near perfect! :yeehaw:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Anybody home?

(Silence)

Awful quiet in here for a ride that is gonna happen tomorrow. So what is the plan?

Jsned are you camping?

Rick .. You coming down?

Jaybird .. You still in? Are you camping?

It dont look good for me for tomorrow. My daughter is coming home from college for the weekend So I will prolly just hang out at the house Friday and drive up for the day Sat. Should be there by 9 or 9:30. I still dont know if I'm bringing Paddy or Timb or just "solo'ing" it.

BTW Corey who is "LittleSpew"?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
It's scary quiet in here. Where is everyone at? We usually have 20-30 riders. The weather is going to be great. We're getting rain today so conditions will be great Saturday.

Where are all the Indiana boys? Motormichael, Lee, Senior, Hogwylde. And the Missouri boys? Tim, Mike, Eddie, Rick, Colemanapp and his crew? The Ohio boys?

No Walt, no Sarge...

I haven't heard from bvulcan, but I'm putting him on the list, since he rarely misses an opportunity to ride.

Little Spew is a sorta new local rider. He's been a quad rider for years, and bought an '04 YZ450 and started riding with us. (another one converted!) He was at Loretta's with us. He's a character. We need to get him and Patrick together sometime. :yikes:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Im leaving Friday morning. 6 hour ride. dont know if i will ride Friday or not. Will if the weather is okay. I am camping first area to the left of the road. I sleep right in the Jeep. Friday and Saturday night. will head out early Sunday morning. Unless a bunch are going to ride.

Just heard from a guy in Joliet I see at the Enduros. Said he is coming down. He said he was coming for sure but just for the day. Saturday.

I will be in a White Jeep Cherokee, KTM with 408 on plates.

Cal, let me know where you will park, so I can find you guys.

See you there, jeff

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Jeff, we usually park in the lot right across the road from where you will be camping, towards the back. We may park near you if there is room. We'll be there Sat. morning.

I'll be in a pewter ext. cab chevy, lowered with 20's, DRTRDR tags and a dirtrider.net sticker in the back glass, # 7 KTM with DRN fender stickers.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I hope I dont jinx it but the weather.com says warmer Friday and Saturday!!! 60 on Sat. I am looking forward to it, it is 40 and overcast and very windy here.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yep, 60, Sunny, and 0% chaince of rain. Doesn't get much better for riding than 60 degrees!

We got alot of rain today, but it is tapering off now. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy, so TB will be good and moist by Saturday. Last week it rained so much during the week that they closed TB, and by Saturday the trails were great, even a few sections were dusty!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sorry I didn't make the party, guys.
I was on the couch sick all day Fri and Sat.
I thought I'd try to go up today and at least get some riding in...aint gonna happen. Don't think I can even handle the drive yet.
Nic was ok with it since he had swim practice on sat anywho.

Stinks looking out the window at a perfect day, and not having the strength to do anything but hobble back to the couch. :(

Hope all were safe and enjoyed themselves!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
You missed a good one. Perfect weather and near perfect trail conditions. The leaves down made it a little tricky, but it wasn't too bad. jsned almost had to go home Sat. morning due to a tranny mishap, but he figured out the problem and rode with a floppy shifter. :aj: When I first arrived, I thought everyone had bailed on us, but we ended up having 9 riders total. I don't think we had any casualties, except for Paddy. He nailed a tree and launched his bike up a hill. His bike needs a few parts, but Paddy is ok....well, as ok as Paddy can be. We all know he'll never be right.

When we doing it again? :ride:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
You wimps missed a pretty good ride. Trail conditions were great when we saw a trail. Some fool let Darby lead us around and that boy dont like to stay on the trail for some reason. We went down every gully he could find. Last loop of the day he drops off in some bottomless box canyon that had us 2 stroke boys clutch slippin, falling, sliding downhill, cussing, pushing to get out. All in all it was a good day of riding, no injuries, not too many broken parts, and good company.

Jeff It was nice to finally get to meet you.

Jaybird I guess I take back all those things I said about you since you was sick.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
That last gully was a pretty good one! ;) It amazes me at how many gnarly places you can make it through on a motorcycle! I'd like to add that the only two bikes to make it across (and up) with no problems were the two KTM fourstrokes! :aj:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
The broken spring had me pretty bummed when you guys all got there, and had me worried all day. Not to mention having to look down everytime I had to shift. :bang: Glad you guys talked me in to taking off the sidecover!!!!

Nice meeting all of you and getting to ride. Definitely do it in the spring. (maybe this winter who knows).

Paddy I wish we could have got that No-handed Superman Seat Grab you did off that tree on camera, that would have made Travis P. proud!!!!

As far as that last gourge you guys are talking about, I dont remember that, :laugh:

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well i am back from almost 2.5 months out of town working, still have shoulder problems and now am dealing with kidney stones. I plan to be back on the bike in a month or so.

Top Bottom