looking for a bit of power. 07 dr650

dr650se

Apr 26, 2007
I have a new dr650 & want to get a bit more low to mid power.top end seems fine & the bike is plenty fast enough,but would like to be able to get the front wheel off the ground when off road.
was wondering if a after market filter & jet kit would be the best bet? anybody here do these mods? if so what was the outcome?
any other mods I should look in to other then exhaust?
Thanks for any & all advice in advance,Steve.

Jan 3, 2007
dr650se, a jetting kit and pulling off the air box lid will give you lots of low end power for dirt cheap. Also, if you lower the gearing you will have more bottom end power. Bigger back or smaller front will do this.

drzfire

Jun 12, 2007
Jesse at kientech is a great help! I recently purchased the same bike and quickly went to work installing dyna jet kit, air box mod, fuel screw, 14/48 sprockets (needed two links and two master links, adjustable chain guide, D606 knobbies, corbin, IMS 4.9 gal natural tank, pro-taper bars, ascerbis guards, utah skid plate, motosport panniers and soft luggage system, front disk guard, stator guard, brake master cylinder guard, **** "BBQ" rack, and probably a few more things I can't remember. Eibach springs (front and rear) should be installed tomorrow! Ran it through it's paces all day on Sunday and the bike performed flawlessly! Heavy bike, but built like a tank! Enjoy!!!

Top Bottom