ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
In desperate need of a gas tank for a 98 KDX 220R. I believe any gas tank from a KDX 200 or 220 from the years 1995 to 2003 would work. Does not need to have petcock or cap. But if it does..that's even better. No leaks or cracks please.

If you have one or know someone who does, I would appreciate a PM or feel free to email me at cviladev@msn.com .

Top dollar paid.

Thanks,
Chuck

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
What's up with the old one? If it's leaking/cracked, take it to your dealer & see what Kawasaki will do for you (and if they say the bike is too old, get them to phone Kawasaki while you are there - they have honoured others of that year from memory, not just 01/02's). If ya smashed it, sorry to hear that ;)

jason

Nov 9, 2000
I have a 99 200. The tank cracked around the filler neck. I went to my dealer with my vin #. One week later I was installing my new gas tank. All it cost me was the gas to get to and from the dealership.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
The problem with the old one is that it's sort of warped around the area where the petcock seats against the tank. I don't know how that happened. As a result, I can't seem to get a good seal. I've even tried fashioning a gasket out of neoprene and still no luck. The gas just pours out!

I'll take y'alls advice and take it to the dealer. I guess I've got nothing to lose. I'm afraid that since it's a 98 model they'll say it's too old. It's worth a shot I guess.

If Kawasaki is unwilling to cooperate, I am hoping someone who has upgraded to one of those oversize IMS tanks will be willing to sell their stocker.

Thanks for the input...I'll keep y'all posted.

Chuck

dmcc

Apr 3, 2002
I might be interested in upgrading if you want to buy my stock tank(2002 kdx200). Let me know what "top dollar" would be because I don't have a clue. BTW, I'm also in TX.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Well, here's an update. Went to the dealer today and he said, "No dice! The bike's too old!" So I'm back at square one.

dmcc - I'm going to send you a private message.

Thanks,
Chuck

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
ChuckyBoy you'll also want to give Jeff Fredette at Fredette Racing Products a call. He has used KDX parts and my be able to help you out.

David

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
C-Dave,

Good idea! I never thought about checking into FRP. I'll give 'em a try.

I tried Clarke Manufacturing but found out they have nothing to offer for late model KDX's.

Thanks,
Chucky

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
You gotta be kidding me! I've been checking ebay daily (no exaggeration) for months now with the exception of last week and no luck! Wouldn't you know it as soon as I get real busy and can't check the boards, one comes up for sale.

That really bites! :flame:

If you happen to see another one up for auction please let me know.

Thanks for all your help,
Chuck

Top Bottom