Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Look at the bottom of the main forums page, you'll see a new category: "The Vendor Connection".

We've been tossing around the idea of a new section of DRN, a new category of forums called "The Vendor Connection" or something similar.

In short: these forums would be made available to suppliers/vendors for posting sales info, provide support to their customers, answer sales related questions... pretty much anything they would do if the forum was on their own site. Info would be allowed in here that may be considered spam in the other forums. The difference is, the members elect to go into the forums for the info that's in them. The rest of the forums would be unchanged.

Any thoughts or comments? The goal is to provide members with all the information they could want about a particular mfg/dealer, etc., IF they want it. It will aloow for some great interaction between the companies and US the people buying their stuff. Seems like a win-win to me.

As it is now, only STM's, mods and Admins can see these forums. We will keep close moderation, as slamming will not be allowed. Valid product complaints, etc., will. Product reviews by members on the speicific items will also be allowed.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I like the idea, even the idea of it kinda being a free for all regarding spam, but a question comes to mind.  You will need to have really knowledgeable mods for these forums.  I assume it would be the vendor or someone representing the vendor.  Correct?

If you keep it limited to the STM forum, do you potentially reduce your potential revenue because of the limited # of eyes that will see it?  Is there a way to let the registered folks see the forum and the posts but not be able to add to the thread?  Perhaps even the GP see that the forum exists, but only see the topics.  Just a thought.

I suspect that the 1% that supports the site is the same group that will primarily buy gear, so it might be a moot point.

:thumb: Okie

Tony

Have you ever thought of doing a income/disposable income survey that you could send to potential advertisers?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I assume it would be the vendor or someone representing the vendor
That is correct.
If you keep it limited to the STM forum, do you potentially reduce your potential revenue because of the limited # of eyes that will see it? Is there a way to let the registered folks see the forum and the posts but not be able to add to the thread? Perhaps even the GP see that the forum exists, but only see the topics. Just a thought.
It's not intended to be limited to STM's ... it's that way now just during testing/feedback gathering.

These forums will be seen by subs & stm's when/if we go with it.

Have you seen the survey? We do collect (voluntary) demographics.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Yes, if you mean the one we recently filled out.  I don't remember (have slept many times) a question like ....

Do you intend to buy a new bike in 03?
Do you intend to buy any of the following accessories ...
   Pipe
   Triple Clamps

How much disposable income to you expect to dedicate to your sport in 03?

I'll go back and look and I apologize of this is plowed ground.

Tony

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I just went an reviewed the survey.  I just can't help but think there are a bunch of vendors that would like a shot at 20,000 very focused folks.  Almost ever day I read in the pumpkin forum that someone is getting a new bike.  That is only one forum.

How many bikes are purchased by members every year?  etc., etc.  Anything to help you set the hook!

Just throwing out brain waves .....

By the way, I tried to post in the Asterisk forum and it would not let me. :(

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Must be that admins and supermods are only able to post there.  I see but no can speak.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sounds great, I don’t have to read it unless I want to and they get to post adds ( good for getting DRN sponsors)

Kevin

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Hey Okie...when you gonna let Brian off of double-secret probation? ;)

Darn Brian - What did you do?

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I like it. I agree w/Tony too. The DRN contact list is worth some change! We rent our lists at work, that are not nearly as qualified and targeted, for good money, and I'd guess vendors would love an opporunity like this.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom