theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I have noticed that this forum seems to have a lot of lurkers, people who read messages but don't reply to them. I have posted several times here as well as on various other site forums and this is one of the worst in respect to generating feedback. I don't know if it's a bandwidth issue or a rules issue or what. I posted about my 4 year old's first riding experience on his new kdx 50 in the mini forum and so far no one has even offered any congratulations, advice, or encouragement.

Now that I've finished ranting, I apologize if I am out of line. I don't mean to offend. I'm just a proud papa who wants to tell everyone.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Dont be so paranoid. All the threads around here have a high percentage of views than they do replies. Just the wayy it is.
Its nothing personal I assure you. I didnt see your thread about the lil one riding but Congrats. I too have 1 4yr old on a 50 but he is me grandson (I'm old). Dont get stressed over lack of posts. Its all good.
happy moto'n

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i would guess that the mini forum doesn't get as much traffic as most of the others. i don't read it. give it some time, it's only been there for one day. perhaps you should have posted it in the ride reports forum.

congrats on your son's riding.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Everyone's threads get ignored once in a while. Try not to take it personally. Keep in mind that you are catching people around the holidays. I'm glad to hear your son had a great time during his first ride. Hopefully he will have MANY more to come. :thumb:

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
(Note to self: New guy is VERY sensitive.)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by theroyz71
Oh, I get it. Now you guys are giving me "the silent treatment".
relax Francis!
understand that 9am - 9:23am eastern is 6:00am on the left coast. even still most of us are / were still asleep.

I'll mossey on over to the mini form and offer some congrat's
What are your expectations? :think:

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Call me Francis and I'll kill ya. Just kidding. How about a group hug. I'm sorry fellas and ladies. I forget that other people have lives. I wasstoked (still am) and wanted to share.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Very cool, it is awsome to aquire a new riding buddy that way!

Kevin

DezDuster

Sponsoring Member
Sep 19, 2002
Yes it is awesome to get your son interested in something that you can do together for years to come.  I'm envious 'cause when my kids were four years old there were no minis. We went skiing and such, but they never developed a taste for the bikes. I wish I could do it all over again. Enjoy them while you can. Congrats.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I can't say I've ever visited the mini forum before, but I guess your post gives me good reason to check it out.

Congrats on your son's first ride!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by Truespode
Well the moderator in me realizes that a ride report belongs in the ride report forum :)

Ivan

:|  ;)  :thumb:

Are we seeing a new leaf here!  ;^)

Kevin

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by Truespode
Well the moderator in me realizes that a ride report belongs in the ride report forum :)

Ivan

Oh. So that's why I'm not a moderator. It makes sense to me. In the future, I'll try to remember to post updates to his riding there unless someone has a better suggestion.

BTW, where do you ride around Spartanburg? My inlaws live in Duncan, Lyman, and Greenville.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Congrats to Jr!

I sure hope you have more patience with him than you do with us. I can't stand yelling, screaming, impatient, mini-dads who make riding a chore for little kids.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
NUTHIN' beats watching your kid ride. I was lucky enough to experience it twice. I still love watching the little ones putter around the riding areas. (Not in a Michael Jackson kinda way) :thumb: BTW, if he bends the bike, just fix it, don't say a word. If he bends him(or her) self, :whiner: get him back on the bike ASAP. :yeehaw:

Last edited:
Top Bottom