Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay, so Reed just earned the Warrior title, the big air title and the lucky landing title. :yikes: Had Reed landed on the track, that could easily have been a carrer ender.

Great racing! Props out to Canard for the first 450 MX, first race back.

First time ever, I was pulling for Dungy, he's had such a hard time getting around the leader, tough break for RV2. Not sure why I've not been a RD fan? Good kid, good rep for the sport.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I was going to say the exact same thing...

Reed- That was gnarly, the guy's hungry, on fire, and earned his title "Warrior."
Villi- Sounds like the 2012 KXF will be lighter, slimmer, perhaps less of a handful.
Dungey- Glad to see him find a line and take it.
I think Short needs a 450.
Where did Dowd finish?

Exciting race, had a hard time getting to sleep. :yeehaw:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when Reed got back up and then took a 14th. He even said it was the scariest crash he'd ever had. Amazing.

Dungy is finally getting more aggressive and has the heart to win. I've never been a fan of RV2 so I enjoyed seeing Dungy reel him in for the pass. Always been a fan of his.

I wish they would have at least mentioned Dowd. I hope he races Unadilla so I get a chance to see him again.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I believe they mentioned Dowd was 17th in the first moto but did not hear anything else. Kevin Windham still 5th overall and Canard's return is a huge help to Honda. Reed just gave us a sports highlite for many years to come. He managed a 14th OA very impressive.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
BSWIFT said:
... Reed just gave us a sports highlite for many years to come. He managed a 14th OA very impressive.
Reed took a 14th in the 2nd moto, 5th overall. I just watched the race again and still can't believe he got back up and did so well.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Reed has now earned a lifetime exemption from sandy mangina jokes, lol. Amazing.

Any of the three title contenders will be a worthy champ.

FWIW, 45 year old Dowd went 18 / 22 for 22nd overall, garnering 3 national championship points and keeping his number for another year.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Reed has now earned a lifetime exemption from sandy mangina jokes, lol. Amazing.

Any of the three title contenders will be a worthy champ.

UNBELIEVEABLE! :whoa: Reeds buttpatch next week will say, 'SUPERMAN'. :yikes: Give that man a cape. :worship:

It would be cool if his gear manufacturer made him a Superman outfit complete with a cape. :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
dirt bike dave said:
Just a theory, but perhaps you have been wearing Canard goggles?
No doubt a Canard fan, but that doesn't explain last year? Odd, Dungy is just the kind of dude that's good for the sport, fast, controlled, speaks well, etc., just never found myself pulling for him. Not sure why.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
Dungy..... just never found myself pulling for him. Not sure why.
Not arrogant, doesn't seek the lime-light, humble, not 'trying to impress/get the attention' when on the podium I'm thinking.

In the past Reed was all about 'hero-Reed.'
Villy is a stuck-up, arrogant little snort IMO.
Stewart has gotten much better at his PR, but his race results?... :ohmy:

Now Canard, I'm hoping he has a long, successful career... he sure seems to have what it takes.

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
Unbelievable crash and ride by Reed...anyone catch the post race interview with Jamie Little? She called it "rollin' up the windows" describing how he windmilled his arms to stay vertical and land on his feet...never heard that before... :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The good, the points chase is getting tight, and there has been some great racing. The bad, I hope Chad does not have a concussion and keep him from the title chase, the "be a clown and everyone look at me" that he and JBS perpetuate is disturbing to me. True personality or just another tool? Canard and Dungey, are much better imo for the sport. I have no clue what is up with RV, he is fat, then skinny, quiet then loud, fast then slow? And the tv airings, is someone pulling the plug all together?

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
dirt bike dave said:
FWIW, 45 year old Dowd went 18 / 22 for 22nd overall, garnering 3 national championship points and keeping his number for another year.

I believe the AMA changed the rule this year, and you must score 25 points to keep a national number.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I think you're right. Well, usually hits Southwick and Unadilla to get more points at if he wants.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
bk232 said:
I believe the AMA changed the rule this year, and you must score 25 points to keep a national number.

That sucks! The AMA should be making it easier for stars of the past to keep their number, not harder.

I can see the logic in having a 25 point requirement for a single digit, but that is a pretty high hurdle for a two digit guy.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I like Reed now. Like most of you Reed haters, I have learned to like the guy since he started his own team this year, and OUTDOORS? Didn't he used to HATE the outdoors??? Awesome crash and recovery. I can't even do a wheelie without breaking my leg.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
And the lites race? New warriors coming up. Barcia broke his nose, and rode the 2nd moto, ouch! Cunningham needs some work in the whoops. Strongest ride I recall for Ratty! Wilson and how he was going through the whoops, almost manual-ed,wow! I swore I seen 1 tear, or sweat? Bagget is unreal fast. What is the chances, of seeing a pro, crash/start last, and win a race again? I remember 2 racers, that could do this on a regular basis. Back in the day already!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I still can't stand Reed.. He's a douchenozzle.. But.. I have to give the guy huge amounts of respect for not only starting his own team and running consistently at the top every weekend, but also doing a very admirable lawn dart impression and having the balls to not only get up and ride away, but launch the very first jump after re-entering the track.

I'd still be crying in my shirt. He may be a whiny little girl, with his stupid hair, huge ugly ear rings and his ears tucked into his hat, but the man can ride...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Finally got around to watching the race. Daaaayumnnn! I can't believe he got up and then pulled it up to 14th :worship:

and Dungey finally grew a pair and got aggressive.

I hope Reeds shoulder and head are OK.

:ride: :cool:

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Okiewan said:
Not sure why I've not been a RD fan? Good kid, good rep for the sport.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've never been a fan of RD and I have no idea why not. I rooted against RC for the longest time, so maybe it is the suzuki?? Or maybe it is that he is too much of a nice/clean cut guy who usually rides very conservative and clean (albeit really consistent and fast).... which comes off as kind of "boring" on/off the track. For whatever reason, I tend to root for guys who are a little more wild/rough on the track and maybe talk a little smack/stir a little sh*t off it.

As for TuTu... That was one of the most spectacular get-offs that I've seen in a long time. A truly JBS-like performance.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
YamaB said:
As for TuTu... That was one of the most spectacular get-offs that I've seen in a long time. A truly JBS-like performance.
:rotfl: ... I'm guessing that's not exactly a compliment. ;)

Top Bottom