Motocross/Supercross Racers you miss watching...

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Motocross/Supercross Racers that you miss watching race.

Ricky Johnson
(R.J. was the greatest there ever was in my book. He was fast, talented on the bike, could jump any and everything, and was hip and stylish. Best spokesman the sport has ever seen also).

David Bailey

Jean-Michel Bayle
(The smoothest racer to ever throw a leg over a Motocross bike. Lost his passion for the sport way too soon).

Johnny O'Mara

Bob Hannah

Ron Lechien

Jim Holley
(Jim Holley wasn't the fastest or most stylish rider on the track but he was the best "BUSINESS MAN". Jim Holley could find sponsors anywhere and did his very best to make sure they were promoted in a professional manner. New schoolers could learn a lot from Jim Holley).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You left out a couple that should be on the list...

Marty Smith & Brad Lackey

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whoever that smmwest guy is, because evidently I missed watching him the first time around.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Larocco
Tortelli
McGrath
+ Anyone on 2stroke

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Billywho Frank

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Friday night MX at Indian Dunes. Early 70's, Jeff Ward on his XR75... nobody could touch him. I'm a couple years his senior, but even on my Elsinore, I wouldn't have stood a chance against a young Wardy.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
MC and RC... I didn't really get into mx/sx until the early 2k's... so I never got to watch any of the greats from yesteryear compete (at least not live).

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
He used to do some killer big whips at Redbud, now I would rather see RC whip him and Sheehan with a microphone.

I think Emig comments way too much about how some riders grip the tank with their knees. Who the hell doesn't grip the tank with their knees? I bet he wishes he was a gas tank. :laugh:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
All of these have been good. I would love to pick up a "Last 30 Years of Supercross/Motocross" DVD set. That would be killer.

Oh, and I used to really like watching Mickaël Pichon race, as well. He didn't stick around too long, but he was talented.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Farmer John said:
Guy Cooper

I've ridden beside Cooper within the past 5 years, and that guy still amazes me with what he's capable of doing, and how fast he does it. And by "ridden beside," I meant only for a moment as he showered me with roost through a graveled chicane. The entire thing he did while in a 45 degree wheelie, for the entire length of the chicane. I was so impressed I didn't even begin to feel embarrassed that I was just passed like I was sitting still, by a Guy who never let his front wheel touch the ground. :whoa:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
wake_rider said:
I've ridden beside Cooper within the past 5 years, and that guy still amazes me with what he's capable of doing, and how fast he does it. And by "ridden beside," I meant only for a moment as he showered me with roost through a graveled chicane. The entire thing he did while in a 45 degree wheelie, for the entire length of the chicane. I was so impressed I didn't even begin to feel embarrassed that I was just passed like I was sitting still, by a Guy who never let his front wheel touch the ground. :whoa:
Guy came and rode our National Dual Sport (more like an enduro) a few years ago. He does severe damage to a grass track. :nod:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:
am I the only one that missed seeing this SMMWest guy racing?
I saw him, he's the guy in the KKK helmet.

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Billy Grossi once tried( Jokingly I'm sure) to grab a beer out of my hand at a national held at Polka Dots way back in the day. I was hanging on the snow fence, back when thats all there was, and he swung wide and grabbed at it. Talked to him in the pits afterwards. He was stuffing his Suzuki into a Ford van.
Best TV comentators?? Eckman and Baily. Eckman:" and back and forth they go David Baily"

Nick McCardle

Dec 19, 2000
I miss seeing Pastrana race. As much as I still like watching what he does now, I really think he could've been one of the greatest on the track.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Nick McCardle said:
I miss seeing Pastrana race. As much as I still like watching what he does now, I really think he could've been one of the greatest on the track.

He was good, don't get me wrong, but no where close to "one of the greatest."

Top Bottom