Need Prayers, good Karma or good thoughts

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've been waiting to post this in the chance of finding out that it's nothing to worry about but this isn't the case. My older sister Nanette who's 46, called me about 4 nights ago with some news I never wanted to hear. She's been a smoker for as long as I can remember and has battled trying to stop for years. Well, it seems as though it has got the best of her. She went to the hospital over the past weekend due to the fact that she could barely breath. They took x-rays and saw some spots on her lungs. They then performed a cat-scan (sp?) and found masses on/in her lungs, liver and limph nodes (sp?). They scheduled her for a crapload of tests this week and next and ending with a biopsy of something they can get from her lung.

We are an Italian family which is a given that we are all close knit and tight. She helped raise me as a child God bless her, but now it's time to give back. She needs any prayers, good Karma, good thoughts, or whatever else that helps her pull through this. We are still waiting to hear the extent of it but seeing that it's spread to a few places already, it's hard to keep our chins up.

We don't know where to go from here and are at a loss right now for answers. DRN is the only thing at times that keeps MY head up when water seems to be rising all around me so I know the thoughts and prayers will be directed to her. Thanks
Carlo

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Carlo.

Very sorry to hear about your sister. :ugg: You know you can always bounce your thoughts off of us.

Will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Hey man,

I'll think of her as family & do the same. Il tuo parenti e il mio parenti. :(

DRN keeps me going sometimes, too. I just don't have the balls yet to share the tough stuff. Thanks for including us in your time of need.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
My thoughts and prayers are with ya !

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Hang tough Elk. Take it one step and one day at a time. I believe it is the University of Washington that has some new and aggressive treatments for cancer.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
You and your family will be in my thoughts. Hang tough and remember that the DRN'ers are here if you need us.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Anything and Everything Big daddy, Ive got your back..

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Our prayers and thoughts from all of us, been there -done that with the bigger sister 4 years ago. So far-so good, Being very positive sure seemed to help my sister! Hang in there.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
hang in there pal.  Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm thinking of you and your family, especially praying for your sister. At the times when things are overwhelming you can always count on all of us here Carlo.

Top Bottom