Need Prayers, good Karma or good thoughts

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Again, I'm so sorry to hear about this. The worst things always seem to happen to the best people.

Tell your sister to keep fighting hard. She wouldn't be the first person to prove a doctor wrong.

Best wishes to you and yours...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My prayers and heart go out to you and yours.  :(

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We've been pushing the 2nd opinion so I hope she does it. Thanks

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Carlo:

Give your sister and all her family the best for all of us here at DRN.

For me, tell her to keep up the fight. Miracles are possible, read the Lance Armstong book. It will make you a believer.

Love ya buddy, take care
Tony

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ow man, my thoughts and prayers are with you Carlo. :(

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I am so sorry Elk. You stay strong for your Sis, and we will always be here for you to lean on us. I know there are many here, but I am a short drive to the Bay Area. If you need a ride from the airport or anything let me know.
Lew

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks Lew, I may take you up on an airport ride sometime in the near future.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
There are different ways to look at it Carlo..

Everyone should be so lucky as to know when their time will come. If you think about it, she has eleven months to do everything she has always wanted to. Eleven months to be care free. IMHO it is much better to be diagnosed with eleven months left than to have an unexpected death. I hope that when my time is coming, no matter how soon, I am given the gift of knowing how much time I have left.

She may be taken early because god needs her to play an important role elsewhere.

Don't forget that miracles happen every day, and remind your sister. Cancer can be beaten. Don't give up hope, but make peace with what lays ahead.

Tell your sister that we're all praying for miracles for her, and keep your chin up. She's lucky to have a great brother like you. :worship:

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Words can't express how sorry all of us are Carlo. Anything is possible, and good things happen to good people. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Dang it. I never know what to say. I always seem to feel so insignificant and what I type sounds petty and I usually end up deleting the post, but not this time. Nanette doesn't know me from Adam, but I feel like I know her and this hurts, man.

You know if you need anything you can give me a shout. I'll be ready no matter what. Even if it's because you're going to be out of town and need someone to clean up the dog poop in the backyard. I won't actually clean the poop, of course. But it's the thought that counts, buddy.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My thoughts and prayers are all I can give, Carlos. I just wish that I had more to offer.
My best to your sister and family.

We are only here for a short time, our friends and family are what makes our short ride a quality one. May the Lord be with you and yours. Keep up the good fight!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Carlo...

The joy of spring.... about to abdicate to the pathos of an ominous,  unwelcome winter darkness, as another life is threatened to be torn from a purposeful journey, a life with which we identify -as if our own - in perfect sympathy.

To friends and family we owe the experience of love, honor  and tenderness,  comforting embraces, uplifting words to serve us into eternity.

We are not from here, nor from there;  we have no promise of a perfect past or of a rosy future, we merely select the colors with the brush pressed into our hands at birth.

Yet, as long as there is life, there is hope; if there is hope, there must be life.  At  the hands of the Master painter, the firmament sketches scenes not yet revealed;  miracles happen...... ask Lance Armstrong!

Pokie and Shiftless

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Good stuff Pokie and the mighty Shiftless, thanks, you guys rock.;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
God bless you and your sister, Elk. As ZIO said, anything typed from this end is typically petty, so I'll spare you. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Jack

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Talked with Nan last night and she had to go into the hospital due to a high fever. They said her body is reacting to the chemo and it is normal, I guess. They have given her antibiotics to bring down the fever and she hopes to be released today. They want to make sure she doesn't contract pneumonia. She told me she got my email with the posts from everyone and she was moved and impressed to see what kind of folks are out there. She said to say thank you and that she was going to write an email to Okie and thank him for the replies from all of you. I'll post it if she sends it to me instead.;) Thanks again.
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just giving you guys an update and to thank you all again for the thoughts and words, Anytime I talk to a DRNer on the phone, they always ask how she is.

Anyway, she couldn't do the chemo thing for the last two weeks because she was fighting pneumonia in her right lung. I believe it has subsided and she hopes to start up again next week. She is in good spirits and I always try and make her laugh as much as possible. I'll be making a trip up there in the near future to spend some time hanging out with her and I'll try and let the Bay Area guys know and maybe we can get together.

Elk

Top Bottom