yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
You know how they have the events where the horses jump over the gates? We could do that just like they do. Although it wouldn't be as much fun for the second person around b/c all the gates would be broken....

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by Papakeith
I'd like to see a bike rodeo. Slow races, etc. [/B]

Slow races for sure, my hare scramble partner extraordinaire!
It just as hard to go slow for a very short distance as it is to go fast somtimes.
Bike Rodeo? Mad max is that you?
Hey Nikki if you make the entire week maybe you could teach a women's MX class?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
^^^
How bout a mud, no, better not.....

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Horizontal boring contest anyone? I bet I can auger through doubles and step up faces better than anyone out there!!

Quoth Tony Eeds:
where I don't have to turn, go down a slope or stop

Kinda like you did at Cooperland....... :) :) Just ribbing you, you went down so gracefully and in slow motion, I couldn't believe you were hurt.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by RoosteR13
Kinda like you did at Cooperland....... :) :) Just ribbing you, you went down so gracefully and in slow motion, I couldn't believe you were hurt. [/B]

Yea, I gotta admit, it was slooooow motion. But, I got the green balls at the end of two toes to prove it.
Tony

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Would it be cool for the DRN spodes to go on a weekday and take over a public golf course for a dirtriders and hackers golf tournament? I am perhaps the greatest hacker of all time. It might be a problem to haul extra gear...I knw people are loaded already when they head for a DW event .....Just a thought

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Would it be cool for the DRN spodes to go on a weekday and take over a public golf course for a dirtriders and hackers golf tournament? I am perhaps the greatest hacker of all time. It might be a problem to haul extra gear...I knw people are loaded already when they head for a DW event .....Just a thought

How about the day before the official start of DW. That would be Monday. Although most courses are closed, it would be easy to get them to open if we had enough folks. Cow Pasture Pool :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Would it be cool for the DRN spodes to go on a weekday and take over a public golf course for a dirtriders

Moto Golf carts! That's what I'm talkin' about! Damn stick and ball games need a little excitement ya know?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DWreck works at the Golf Course in Stillwater. At least he would until we had golf cart motos. :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Barrels, Poles, and Flags. They run several events like this in our area.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Is these goofs kart electrified or gas powered? If they is gas Richie is my caddy!!! :p

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
DWreck and I chatted about possibly doing 18 at DW.
He works at the country club so I'm certain he wouldn't want us to be moto-doublin' the links...:) but if there is a shot of getting a couple of foursomes together I'm in! Sounds perfect.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Barrels, Poles, and Flags. They run several events like this in our area.

i've competed in a couple of those. they are really fun and easy to put on.

one time we actually competed against the horses. we won the flag and barrel race. the horses won the pole race.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Okie
Moto Golf carts! That's what I'm talkin' about! Damn stick and ball games need a little excitement ya know?

How about you have to be in at least 3rd gear when hit the ball. :p
I guess that would be Polo ....

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
"Jay, what are you staring at, there's the yard marker...it's 150 yards."

"I know, I'm just sizing up that big double."

"Huh?"

:)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by Fe_princess

Hey Nikki if you make the entire week maybe you could teach a women's MX class?

I would love to teach a women's MX class! I'm sure Blackhawk would like to help out, too. Sounds like a good idea! :thumb:

Being that we can make 3+ days at DW - as far as kids activities go (ie. coloring contests, baloon tosses, etc...) I would take full responsibility to be in charge of them as long as there are kids who'd participate.

I still don't quite get the "bike rodeo". You ride around trying to throw a rope around barrels and poles?? :think:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by nikki

I still don't quite get the "bike rodeo". You ride around trying to throw a rope around barrels and poles?? :think:

:) No not quite Nikki,I have been wrong before, but, I think it would be similar to the ones they do for street bikes and in the riding schools that the MSR Foundation sposors, basicly a skills test and time trial, alot of fun on a road bike and I am willing to bet it will be a blast on the dirt type as well.
Phillip

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...not quite, Irish.

Its a speed test, pure and simple... You gotta circle the barrels and haul ass back to the start. It's a horse thing that can be done with bikes.

I dated a barrel racin' gal once...they are mean as heck and seem to have a liking for tequila! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Jaybird
LOL...not quite, Irish.

Its a speed test, pure and simple... You gotta circle the barrels and haul ass back to the start. It's a horse thing that can be done with bikes.

I dated a barrel racin' gal once...they are mean as heck and seem to have a liking for tequila! :)

Amen I stand corrected... :worship: Thanks JB!

Phillip

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird

Its a speed test, pure and simple... You gotta circle the barrels and haul ass back to the start.

yep. in the flag race, you ride to one end of the arena, grab a flag from a bucket and ride back as fast as you can.
the pole race is a slalom race.
these are all timed events so you're not actually racing against anyone.

these are good events for the non-moto riders, particularly the pole race. the single track guys should excel at that. i was able to win a couple events over guys that were much faster than me on the track. you only get one shot at it, so if the fast guys blow it, you've got a chance. it takes a little bit of skill, a little bit of luck and it's alot of fun.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom