fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The next organized trail ride in Michigan will be on Sunday, April 21st in Cadlilac. The plan is to meet at the trail head at the Long Lake loop. I am not organizing this event (and probably can not attend). If you interested in the details call Joel at 517-393-2421 after 10:00am or check out www.enduroeng.com. I just checked the website and did not find any details. However, Joel was hoping to provide trail ride info on the website.

Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Is this the ride being organized by Lansing Cycle?

I'm in - anyone else? I'll be opening the cabin that weekend up by Grayling.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MWEISSEN...

Where abouts is your cabin in Grayling? Are you familar with the area north of North Downriver road, near Stephens Bridge road?

- Bill

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Smit-Dog,
Yeah, I'm aware of that area. I've spent my whole life in areas from Lovells to Kalkaska. Our cabin is on the Manistee, just east and south of the M-72 bridge. You got a place up there?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The trail ride is being organized by Joel and Brian of Lansing Cycle, but to say LC was sponsoring it may be an overstatement.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MWEISSEN...

We had a cabin off of Pine Road, right near the Manistee, less than a mile east of Stephens Bridge road, just south of North Down River road. We also used to stay at Gates motel off Stephens Bridge road. I rode dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and hunted in all the state land there from about 1975-84.

My step-dad sold the cabin shortly after the big fire up there around '84-85 (?) The cabin was saved (minor damage), but all that was left of the nearby toy garage was the cement floor and the burnt out frames of 2 quads, 3 bikes, 2 Odesseys, and a Jeep CJ. I stop by there every couple of years, and the pine trees are starting to grow back. Would love to by the cabin back some day...

Before the cabin, we stayed at Bud's cabins in Lovell's, right on the river. I'm very familar with all the great trails from North Down River road to north of M-612, up through the bombing range. We used to sneak back up on the ridge past the guarded gates and watch the jets come in a bomb the hell out out of old tanks.

Finally getting back into riding. Hope to meet you on one of the rides this year.

- Bill

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Bill,
I'm sure we'll meet on one of the rides, maybe Rites of Spring.

I used to sneak back and watch the very same strafing jet runs on my old Yamaha DT-175! My grandpa's cabin was about 1/4 mile downstream from Bill's Cabins in Lovells. We'd stay there or camp at Jones Lake when we rode up there.

Mike, is Joel back on both feet?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark,
Joel has the cast of his foot and is walking (with a limp). His wife is coming along on the ride and he is planning to ride sweep due to his lack of recent seat time.
Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I referenced the wrong web site in an earlier post. You can find more information on www.lansingcycle.com. I talked to Joel on Thursday night. He is expecting a big group and they plan to stay at the Long Lake loop (due to logging problems at Missaukee Junction).

Mike

Top Bottom