fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We are hoping that the weather cooperates and we can start working on this event next weekend. The forecast is 50 degrees and sunny for next week.
There will be a new staging area - corner of Kalkaska Rd and M 72 (on west side of town). New staging area = new trail. The DNR recommended that we move the staging area closer to town.
If you are able to help, let's plan to meet at 9:00am on Saturday at the new staging area. If you have any questions, let me know.

I have received some pre entries for this event. If you would like to select your row assignment, please see the D14 enduro website for the flyer/entry form.

Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Almost 100 views and no responses, but we do have 9-10 people who will be working on this event on Saturday morning.

If you were on the fence due to no responses and would like to help out, we are meeting at 9:00 am in Kalkaska.

We are changing locations of this event at the encouragement of the city of Kalkaska and assistance from the DNR(E). We have planted trees in this area for the past five years and three of the planting locations will be part of the event. These extra efforts DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

Mike

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
I'll be there as long as Don's spinning class doesn't kill me before hand! :whoa:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
Isn't "spinning" something the old folks do? :eek:

Mike, I'm walking trail up our way clearing what I can and seeing what has to be cut out with a chainsaw. Cori's a good helper though and can work hard enough for both of us! :cool:

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
MuddyBuddy said:
Cori's a good helper though and can work hard enough for both of us! :cool:

Cuz all you do is look for shrooms in the woods...I have to do the work of 2 people!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - I wish I could be there to help out - but I wont be able to make it.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We had a big group of hard workers and we got A LOT done. Thanks to all you that were in Kalkaska.
I know there will be some mid week work done by those that live in the area. It will be April before I can make a return trip.
Mike

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Thanks everyone that showed up to work. Lots got done and a much needed trip north for me!!
Good friends, hard work and good food! Winter blahs gone, feel totally ready to get things rolling.
Thank you!

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Wish I could have made it, always a good crowd! But I did meet Dave Morgan at the wrestling meet in Petoskey and I was definetly thinking about being there in between the matches. Justin did real good and got second, due to a pts error, or he would have gotten first in his class.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Silver, I told Neal S. that working on this trail reminded me of your work on the Fairview FES. It will be a shorter loop, but it will have more spectator spots.
Thanks for your help.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Rode the trail in last night, virgin single track. It should be a fun race.
Someone removed the markings in the section where I put them up on Sat.
It made it challenging.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks for the help Don. I am sure it was real difficult to ride new trail. We still have plenty of time to make it "family friendly".

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If you would like to help out on this event, we will be working on Saturday.
I do realize it is a holiday weekend, but we would appreciate any assistance.
Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
Nathan and I will be there, I am not sure of the location and time. I will be driving up in the morning.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am planning to come up in the AM also. Same meeting place - NW corner of Kalkaska, just north of the school.
I am thinking 10:00 am.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
3 of us did a loop this afternoon. Someone has removed alot if ribbon and markers. Tough to follow but we'll get it grooved in. This is some fun stuff, should be a great event. :cool:

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
Mike - I can help as well on Saturday. What time is everyone meeting?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We will be doing some walking and some riding. The earliest I can get there is 10:00 on Saturday morning.

Top Bottom