letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
OK, I have been thinking about trying these out, they seem like a very good product.

But my question is i normal add a layer of grease on the mouth of the filter where it rests in the air box... Is this necessary with the No-Toil filters? If so then how does the normal soap get the grease off??

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I use No-Toil also.. I use cold water right from the garden hose.. The grease still comes right off.

I bought a bottle of No-Toil airbox cleaner this time around too.. It'll be the last bottle of this stuff that I buy. It's downright nasty. If you've ever smelled Aircraft Stripper, you will hate this stuff.. Same smell. Plus, it doesn't seem to get the airbox any cleaner than a good blast with the pressure washer does.

Jun 28, 2006
letsride24-7 said:
OK, I have been thinking about trying these out, they seem like a very good product.

But my question is i normal add a layer of grease on the mouth of the filter where it rests in the air box... Is this necessary with the No-Toil filters? If so then how does the normal soap get the grease off??

No-Toil is the best filter oil/cleaner system I have ever used. I use normal grease on the filter lip and it comes right off with cleaning. I clean the filter in my wife's kitchen sink with no mess no smell. I will never use anything else.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Big Bore Stroker said:
No-Toil is the best filter oil/cleaner system I have ever used. I use normal grease on the filter lip and it comes right off with cleaning. I clean the filter in my wife's kitchen sink with no mess no smell. I will never use anything else.

:nod:

Ditto to everything, except I use the No Toil grease.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
:nod:

Ditto to everything, except I use the No Toil grease.
indeed. The No-Toil stuff did make some of my Uni-filters come apart at the glued places a while back, though. Not sure if Uni has fixed that or not. We'll see how it does with the KTM Twin-Airs.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
XRpredator said:
indeed. The No-Toil stuff did make some of my Uni-filters come apart at the glued places a while back, though. Not sure if Uni has fixed that or not. We'll see how it does with the KTM Twin-Airs.

You can easily avoid that problem by using the Billywho O2 filters :)

Ivan

Jun 28, 2006
XRpredator said:

My stock and twin air filters have never had an issue with the glued seems.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Take a look at pro seal air filter gaskets. It's a neoprene gasket that you attach to your air box and then you don't need to use grease. I put one on my bike a year and a half ago and have never had a leak there. Much quicker and easier than grease. I really like the no toil products, by far the easier air filter cleaning/oiling method I've ever used.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
76GMC1500 said:
No-Toil may be the easiest system, but is it really as effective as other products at actually protecting your engine?

Hard to say if the oil is as good or better at stopping dirt than other filter oils. IMO it performs about the same as other products I've used, but the convenience and ease of use are the deciding factors.

I've been using No Toil for years. I clean my filter every ride (unless there is no dust, its a short ride and I've been in front the whole time, LOL).

With No Toil, I've never observed any dirt get past my filter, or even onto the inside of the filter. On occasional long dusty rides, I've had the filter get pretty dirty.

Hopefully, there is a large 'safety' margin built in to everyone's filter maintenance practices. I think if you have a good quality filter and use reasonable maintenance practices, the No Toil should be good enough. But bring a spare, pre-oiled filter if you know you are going to be in dusty conditions and will have the opportunity to change a filter mid-ride.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have used No-Toil since 2000 and never had a seizure related to dirt getting into the bike. All the top ends I have done my piston and cylinder looked GREAT.

I will only use No-Toil. I have heard Bel-Ray is better but it is not biodegradable and I wash my air filters in the washing machine (on the hand wash cycle). I am VERY happy with No-Toil and will never use anything else.

I have tried Twin-Airs biodegradable stuff too but still like No-Toil better.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Just asking, I've always run Bel-Ray but ran No-Toil last trip out because I had a free can of it. We'll see how well it performed, I haven't checked my filter since a very dusty trip to Reno that put a lot of miles on the bike. It goes on so thin and has so little tack compared to the Bel-Ray, it just didn't inspire confidence in its ability to stop dirt.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
76GMC1500 said:
Just asking, I've always run Bel-Ray but ran No-Toil last trip out because I had a free can of it. We'll see how well it performed, I haven't checked my filter since a very dusty trip to Reno that put a lot of miles on the bike. It goes on so thin and has so little tack compared to the Bel-Ray, it just didn't inspire confidence in its ability to stop dirt.
With the spray cans you have to really shake it up well or the tacky oil stays in the can and all you spray is pigment and alcohol carrier. We have used nothing but no toil and have never in 10 years had an issue with dirt getting thru. I spray or pour on the NOTOIL and then put the filter in a gallon ziplock bag and work the oil into the filter and yes it is not tacky at this point. The tack comes on as the alcohol carrier evaporates and then it is very tacky.
I am always amazed at the amount of dirt and even large sand particals we find in the pail after we soak the filters. I also always run my fingers around inside the air passage before putting in the new filter and have never felt grit in there

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
A while back I was told oxyclean will work in place of the no toil cleaner that I had just ran out of. I tried it and it worked perfect. May be the same stuff.

dirtbikingdad

Oct 25, 2005
No Toil makes cleaning filters a breeze and almost pleasant. I've got three bikes to maintain and I have to say that since I have switched to No Toil, I do my filters more often now and while you are not supposed to use gas to clean normal filter oil from filter, I admit I did. No more gas to dispose of! I use the grease and the cleaner. Good stuff!

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I use no-toil oil, grease and cleaner, but I dont really like their pre oiled air filters. Twin air seems to be a better fillter to me. This weekend I was at a sand track and I rode my 85 and supermini practice on a no-toil filter, and when my dad took it off there was some sand in the inside. I rode the rest of my moto's on a twin air, and there was no sand on the inside.

mister laugh

Apr 30, 2007
No-toil is awesome, just a recommendation but the no toil filters, not their disposable ones (that you can was 20-30 times so i wouldn't really consider them disopsable), they make a very noticeable power difference, and you will have to problems with incompateble glues. Just my $.02.

Top Bottom