Ooops Anyone riding in So. Cal 8/13-8/17?

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Cough, Cough

Gee, guys, I can't tell if it's my eyes are going bad, or this scratchy throat. Can dirt bike riding on Wednesdays cure these ills?

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
The vet's track is a lot better than it was. Track conditions are either dusty or slick as snot after they water it. So you're right that 89r will be digging it. I'm convinced after he was power sliding on the wet pavement during the Downpour Fest.

"Slick pavement is pretty predictable" -Ol'89r
Yeah, predictable that my a** would meet the pavement.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Re: .

Originally posted by holeshot
[B Now if I could only lure him to Starwest.. [/B]

Not a chance Holeshot. That track scares the bejesus out of me. Plus, I don't like all of those eight year olds jumping over the top of me.:scream:

Talked to LT yesterday, he said his company was very busy at this time and he wasn't sure he could make it on the 22nd. Maybe, we could get a commitment from him? How about it LT, are you in?

I think everyone else is planning on going on the 15th. If LT commits to the 22nd, I'll be there too. Wouldn't wanna miss that.;)

Ol'89r

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Sounds to me like LT should just show up tomorrow - seems like everyone can make that! ;) This is the first I've heard of any waffling on his part for the 22nd??? Come on LT, I've got kids counting the days - dont' let me down now. :eek:

For those who haven't been to Elsinore lately and may be reluctant, the conditions have been about as good as they ever have. The track designs are good and they're doing a much better job with the water. Come on all you single trackers - try it, you'll like it! :)

The only time I plan on keeping up with Ol'89r will be on the way to lunch. For anybody thinking they're going to be the slow ones, don't worry, I'll be right behind you!

See you all tomorrow, this should be great!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
MXDad,
Stop bragging about bringing up the rear. I'm not even quick enough to get out of my own way.

I went to Elsinore last weekend with J_Dem_Bones, SIRHK100 and Homey. Those guys were talking about how they weren't that great and they were pretty good.

Can't wait to meet everyone. Also the track opens up at 8am during the summer. C-ya there!!!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
How long is everyone staying (I have the entire day to play) and what do you guys usually do for lunch....bring or buy? Lunch at a restaurant after the carnage perhaps? anyone, anyone...........

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
same ques. as thumbs. How long is everyone hanging out. Sadly I have been asked by one of the owners to attend a meeting at 8:00- 9:00:(

I was going to blow off the track as I wouldn't get there until 10:00 or so. but if people are still going to be haging out I might still make the trip.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Since I'm the only one experienced to run breaks, I'll bring up the rear and ward off the little 80 B**tards. I can stay beyond lunch but the heat really kicks up. I'll be packing some munchies for the stay. I found out the hard way about how slippery the track can be right after they water, not a pretty sight (broken rib!). They have gotten alot better about the watering now, not bad at all and the track is really well maintained. I'm hoping I don't toss the new rm tomorrow, if I do, the roost rule applies so have at it until I get upright! Cya

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I'm taking a vacation day so I'll be there until I melt. I don't get out during the week like this too often so I want to get my money's worth. I'm also bringing a little water, munchies and my ez-up. Hopefully it won't be too windy cause it's a chore to keep that thing anchored.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I"m shootin to be to the right of the grandstands, next to the palm tree. Blue EZ-up and white camino, lots of water, maybe a wading pool too!!
Elk

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
The 15th is definitely out -- we just called a Special Meeting of our Board of Directors at noon. Missing that would be 'purt near career suicide.

BUT -- I will commit to the 22d. I'll bring the young'un, too, MXDad, so they can ride the kids track together. :) Hey, think they'd let me ride there, too? :think Nah -- I'd just be in everybody's way. I think I'm gonna set a world record for slow, you guys. :silly:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Looks like I'll miss out on the ride tomorrow.:silly: I ran around tonight looking for a new clutch for my 426 (it's starting to slip), but couldn't find all the parts to upgrade from the '00 to '01 clutch. It would probably hold up for at least one more ride, but I shouldn't be playing hookey at this time anyway.

I'll be up for a Elsinore ride sometime in the last week of August or first week of Sept. I'll be vacationing then, so I'll probably bring my 9 year old, depending on the day.

I'll be looking forward to the ride report.:)

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sorry guys. Gonna have to pass today. Have some business dealings that have to be taken care of today. :( One of the downsides to owning your own business, the buck stops here.

Almost glad, heard it is supposed to be 105 degrees in Corona today. That means it will be 110 degrees in Elsinore.

Will definitely set aside next Wednesday the 22nd for LT's return.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Hot is an understatement !

Yes, it was hot at Elsinore. I'd ride 10 minutes, and drink a quart of water over the next 20 minutes.

My 12 year old seemed to like it, though.

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Of course Tony neglected to mention that he arrived about NOON!! It was hot, but the track conditions and temperature were pretty dang good at 8:00 when the rest of us got started. I got there at 8 and Elk and his son already had been moto'n for about a half hour! Thumbs, Fred & Bill Purcell showed up shortly after.

Had a great ride (ok, so it was only 2-3 laps at a time for me :eek: ) and met some good new riding budds. Everybody kept it on two wheels and rode the Main and the Vet tracks. Nate Ramsey was there showing us how a 250f is supposed to ridden. A few of us have some new dents in our cp's from when he finallly got by us. ;) Repeat performance next Wednseday am for all who are interested.

PS - anyone know how to add a/c to a 66 El Camino :p That car is sweet!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I had a great time at the track and meeting more DRN'ers. Can't wait to go riding with you guys again. Maybe sometime I'll find some backbone and keep up with you guys on the big track. Till then I'll just putt on the Vet's track.

I'm looking forward to a ride with you guys at 138, Ocotillo or the local unspoken SD places you guys mentioned.

a454elk,
How'd you do on the ride home? The air was so hot coming in the truck that my eyes were drying out. That was worse than the track I think. Maybe if I had a 454 in my Nissan it would have enough power to run the A/C at highway speeds?????

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Where do I start, Africa hot sounds like good, need we say more. Ramsey is lucky I was hot cause I was gettin ready to pass him! I'd have to say that arriving at 7:30 was the ticket though, even the elk was happy then, but when I got home, I didn't hear a word from her all night long. I think she was pissed! If I add air to it, I lose some ponies with the pully so we will all agree that priorities are in order. We'll work on the Phelon ride soon and definately Ocatillo in the fall. Thanks to all and to all a cool day. Good meeting you guys.

Elk

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by fred2
Maybe if I had a 454 in my Nissan it would have enough power to run the A/C at highway speeds?????

While I was loading up around 3:30pm, I started up the Suburban to get the A/C's going. The 454 started overheating before we finished loading !

Drove out real easy until the engine temp came down.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I told you it pays to not have air conditioning! By the time I got home, my 2 bikes had melted into the rear of the elk so I poured them out and went inside.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
It was definitely a hot one out there, but it was well worth it. It was great meeting up with everybody. Look for riding with everybody again (on the 22??).
Bill

Top Bottom