desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I heard that about Thumbs. Bundy says he looks good in the pink one.

Thumbs ... Wear the pink one will ya.....;)

I'm startin to get all giddy like Eel.. I don't know if I can wait till the 15th.

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Phelan

Hey, I can dream about the (women) super model cant I? Just don’t tell the wife I said that lol. Hey sounds good I could use the ride. Now a man in a thong thats a scary thought. I have a feeling I’m going to be pushing my bike instead of riding when and if you guys try the 100 mile thing.
Dear Santa:
Can you bring me a desert tank for Xmass? I promise I wont buy a 4 stroke.

Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Rich

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
You know Bundy I was thinkin I wanted to get one of those fancy new KTM 4-smoker 520's but I think I would be banned from the group if I did. What have you done to these guys to make them loath the dark side sooooo much?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You had to throw the donut card didn't you?! Why does it always have to go to the donut. I'm hurt, I usually eat a bagel instead but I won't pass up a good filled "D-nut" either. Just for that, I'm not bringing any goodies for you boys!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
KTMboy & Bundy......... Are we going to stay west of the 15 or are we crossing over?

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I dont know what got this started,
probably just plain ol jealousy.
They cant stand that a 4 stroke has superior tractability, better braking through compression braking, or its soothing exhaust note when you are riding behind them.:p

The money that i save alone in mixing oil pays for my hamburger habit.
Or maybe its because my little 250F leaves them big ol smelly 2 smokes eatin dust:p

Jeff.....West

mxbundy

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Ok, keep it up,
I just might have to go get a big bad 520 myself........
Elk will not know what hit him when a wall of 520 roost cleans him right off his little cute yellow bike.......:p
I`ve been in the closet for an orange bike for a while now.....

bundy

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
One of our favorite loop's at Dove is around 60 miles, I usually end up being the tour guide and I always run an odometer and a clock, sometimes the loop takes 2.5 hours, sometimes 6, sometimes we don't make it. It all depends who's on the ride. Most newer 250's can only do 35 to 40 miles on a stock tank so you may have to do 3 loop's or carry extra gas but it can be done, we had a few 100 mile days over thanksgiving . If you start at 10 am you only have 6 to 7 hours of day light so that could be a problem. good luck

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey Brett,

Nice to hear from you, why dont you join us?
Any way i`ve been wanting to get in touch with you ever since that qualifier at Gorman. Lets go on a ride sometime.

later mxbundy:)

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I'm not sure I think we have a trip planned that weekend but if I don't Im up for it, or you guys could make a weekend out of it and join us.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Bundy, I always knew you were in the closet, aching to come out!! LOL! Bring on that orange beast, this cute little yellow 250 is waiting for a real challenge! J/K, I tried to hang with the Bundy master but I was tired, my tire was low on air, my jetting was off, my back hurt, I had dirt in my goggles and my plug was fouled! I'll work on the bike to get it up to par. We can warm up on the track where we park. See you there!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thumbs and Scar should be in. My bike is supposed to go over 100 miles with my oversize tank on it. We'll see.

For you 2 smokes, last big bear ride Thumbs carried xtra gas in a evion bottle in a back pack. I'm sure there some safety rule against that, but it worked. :)

What the weather likeup there. still tank top, shorts, sandals, and no helmet temps. :confused:

Maybe I'll wear socks with the sandals. that'll keep me warm. :confused:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by mxbundy
I`ve been in the closet .........
bundy
Bundy - Does this mean that you're going to want the pink thong back and if so when should we start calling by your new name............. MXbetsy :p

I think the tutu should be worn by one of our new friends/victims. Maybe desert_racer or Boodac. And since it is a bit cold out we will give them the option of wearing leg warmers. You know, like the ones they wore in the movie Flash Dance. Or better yet.....whoever riders the least miles has to sport the tutu on the next ride.

BTW - Do I really look good in the pink one or are you guys kidding?

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
still tank top, shorts, sandals, and no helmet

Scar - with comments like that it sounds like you ride one of those them there 4 wheeler thingies....:p

thumbs.. I have a baby blue tutu and some purple flashdance socks I can sport for the ride if you like. Although they won't match my Shartruse (sp) boots and lavender helmet. ;)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer
thumbs.. I have a baby blue tutu and some purple flashdance socks I can sport for the ride if you like. Although they won't match my Shartruse (sp) boots and lavender helmet. ;)
Thats great news, those are two of betsy' favorite colors. I'm sure he will be very happy.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Oh sure....... you guys have to pick a weekend whe TTRGuy is FINALLY going to get to come home!!!

Coupla questions:

How far is Phelan from Victorville?
What is the terrain like? ie, friendly enough for a spaz like me? (Thumbs, Eel, you know what I'm talkin' bout) :)

I'll talk to him tonigh but TTRGuy get's off work at 7:00 am Sat morning. Since he'll already be practically there (I think) I could come down with the bikes and get him then head over to where you guys are.

If he likes the idea and we go, I don't expect to keep up with you guys but I'm just concerned that the terrain is the kind I can handle so I can plug along at my own speed on my own. No babysitting required. ;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Dang!!!!-turn my back and this thread goes 5 pages!
Bundy--we did over 50 miles in 3 hrs., so it'll probably take us a good 6+ hrs. to do over 100, and us 2-smokes will have to make 3 loops. If you're serious about doing some miles, we can run the length of the ridge and back as a warm-up, and that should pile a few quick ones on before we hit the canyons.

Hey Eel----I love the idea of doing some 100 milers. Great idea; the 100 mile club!

Boodac, Jeff---glad to hear you guys are coming out!

Scar---100 will be close even on the thumper, because we'll be in the tight twistys all day!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
GSR--Just saw your post. I posted in the other Phelan thread that you guys are welcome to garage your bikes at my house if you decide to stay over.
Phelan is 15-20 minutes from Victorville.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
How far is Phelan from Victorville?
What is the terrain like? ie, friendly enough for a spaz like me? (Thumbs, Eel, you know what I'm talkin' bout) :)

About 15 or 20 minutes.
The terrain is spaz friendly with the exception of "The Sand Hill"

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Okay.......nevermind. I'm a total dork. I thought this ride was THIS weekend! Didn't realize it was NEXT weekend.

TTRGuy will be home this weekend but will be working next weekend.

But now that I think about it. If I'm not riding here locally with my friend who's learing to ride. I could probably go next weekend. Then I could stay over and see Eddie. I won't know until next week though.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Not to scare you off or anything GSR 'cause it's great fun seeing you and all but some of the hills - both up and down - might not exactly be to your liking ... if my memory serves me you never were too keen on downhills ? Am I right ?

There is alot of space to ride around in that's plenty friendly but I think where we are going might not be your cup of whisky .... could be wrong though. Not to be a killjoy or anything but I thought you would want to know. There are some pretty steep downhills ... and many are fairly large as well.

Top Bottom