oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I`m in. Trying to get Wombat away from his girlfriend long enough for a ride.

Seems to be a little interest in this ride. I keep hearing about this restaurant, maybe this time we can make it. With the amount of light available this will probably keep us short of 100 unless the trail ther is a road.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with more DRN`s.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by mxbundy
Whats scary? JUST PIN IT!:p

betsy

My thoughts exactly. Its amazing how many things you can make with this approach. ;)

All of us, well some of us, OK maybe just me have made it through sections where I thought for sure I was dead and the throtle came to the rescue.

Of course, it's also been the problem before. :p

That reminds me , as a matter of fact I have and MRI scheduled this tues.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Gas it and you're sure to pass it! That also applies to a rumbly in your tumbly.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Ol89r...

We should be asking you to take it easy on us young ones.

What is you saying .. Youth and stupdity is no match for old age and trechery....

Something like that...

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Roll Call................

thumbs
scar
ktmboy
elk
elk jr.
oldandslo
boodac +2
longtime
desert_racer +2 - sporting a baby blue tutu and purple leg warmers.
eel
rmjeff
betsy/bundy - sporting a pink thong

woombat?
gsr?
ttrguy?
mastersandblaster?
ol' whats his name?

Anyone need to be added or deleted?

21 riders if everyone can make it.

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Well. with this many riders, there's no way we'll make 100 miles with the limited daylight, so I say we shoot for 80 and Ostrich burgers!
As for the Big Bear incident, I was fortunate enough to miss the 'shining'.
There were several people that were un-fortunate enough to be eyewitnesses, and I understand that they were able to get a group rate for their much needed therapy.:p
Elk---I'll bring some rope again, but I refuse to 'wear' it!:p

Hey Ol what'syername----about time you got out and mixed it up with us younguns'!:debil:

LT--that's the first time I've heard the 'buds' story.:cool: Try going one size richer on your main and pilot (cold air up here ), but bring the leaner jets with you just in case.

Hey, do they have chili burgers at the cafe? (So I can 'gas it'.)

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Four Legged Ostrich

I live about a mile from the Summit Inn and have lived here for over 12 years and Ive never eaten their. Actually, Ive never seen anyone eat their. Are you sure their serving you food? Ive heard that from time to time they serve four legged ostrich meat as well. Ok I have to say that the appearance of the place and the lack of buis makes me wonder so maybe Im not being fair. Maybe what they serve is actually meat.
Looking foward to riding

Rich

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Boodac--I don't think it's the Summit in we're going to; it's the little cafe on the 138 right where Hwy. 2 takes off to Wrightwood.:D

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Oh, ok I know the place. Havent been their in ages. Good thing too, I figured with thong, tutus, and then Summit, I figured this was gonna be the initiation from hell.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
You're always so darn sensible (Deep Creek water crossing ?) ... you're the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the 2-stroke rebellion.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
There's an idea! We'll award bonus miles for clearing certain obstacles!
Hey, after we're done with the 'cool ones', we can use the bottles as cones and set up an obstacle course. Rodeo, Yee-haw!:p

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
80 miles ? BONUS miles ? This is a bad sign. By the time the 15th arrives we'll be back to a 40-miler with bonus miles offered to those who drink the most beer at the Cafe.

KTMBoy - Obstacle course made of empty beer bottles ? Yeah - real great idea. That's just what we need ...let's drink a few cases so we can set up and then ride an obstacle course made from the empties. You're a madman !

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
For anyone that has problems getting bigger jets, Tony knows a great trick for restricting your airbox.:p

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Man, you guys had fun today. I had to work.:(
But I just got done with servicing the little piglet. Got to be up at 3 am tomorrow for the drive out to Laughlin for the race.
everybody wish me luck.

Thumbs add one rider for me, Corpral Koeslag, that is if his " privates " are up for it.
Hey man, I already had to wear the tutu and thong!:scream:
Lunch at the choke and puke is cool, just dont over do it. I`m gonna get a 100 miles out of you dogs if I have to drag you.:p

later mxbundy

DougM

Oct 12, 2001
Hey

Where is Phelan and where do you ride around there. I have been to Ridgecrest area and love it. I also have ridden Barstow area, Gorman and tried Jawbone (Didn't like all the sand). We Northern California guys like tight twisty, rocky, dirt single track. However I am becoming both a Southern and Northern rider. I'll be in Ridgcrest to ride after Xmas. Kids are off for two weeks.(6 hour drive for us). Like to know where Phelan is.

Thanks

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey Doug,

Its just off the 138 about one hour south of Ridgecrest, maybe 1.5 hours, I dont know, its been a whiule since I was in Ridgecrest.
Basically its in the hills at the Cajun pass off the the 15 frwy.
Check in before you come down, i`m sure some of use would be happy to show you around.

later mxbundy

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Woo-Hoo Longtimes in da house yall,
I personally have been waitin a longtime (sic) for this.....aint never done rode one deem there GAS GAS cicles AaaaHummmm.:confused:
And I need Ol89r to watch my back, the DARKSIDE needs you.....
But if he`s gonna make it, I might just have to borrow my buds 400F so that I can keep up.:p

All we need is a couple more riders and it will be like a big dog chasin his tail. The lead rider will be right behind the tail end guy when we do our loops!:confused:

Later mxbetsy

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Bundy errrrhhhhh Betsy: You know you gets to ride de bike, brah! Only problem is, my knee is killing me. Ortho Wed. morning. I did a kids loop today which was fine, but walking . . . now that's another story. Lifting my bike -- heck, hurts just thinking about it. I'm gonna' try real hard anyhow. Besides, if I come I'll probably be bringing four more -- all solid riders. Then, we'd for sure have a nearly complete loop like you described. . . and I could only do one or two loops and hang out the rest of the time.

This sounds like a blast. No to mention, I've heard so much about the sand hill, I just have to give the GG a shot at it! . . .

AMinkman

Nov 17, 1999
I really want to try this ride. I have heard that you have to be DualSport for a lot of that area, is that true? Is the singletrack dirt, or are there singletrack
rock sections? How long is each loop? Where is Wilson Ranch Rd.? My son has a race that day at the Victorville track but it is the last one of the Fall Series an he pretty much has it wrapped up so I think I can bail. Just have to make the awards.

Top Bottom