ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hilly? Yes, very. The kind of place KTMs' are designed for! If we do the ridges first, there's the road that runs parallel to the trail for anyone that becomes too tired/frightened.
Personally, downhills terrify me too! I just do 'em!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
Hilly? Yes, very. The kind of place KTMs' are designed for! If we do the ridges first, there's the road that runs parallel to the trail for anyone that becomes too tired/frightened.
Personally, downhills terrify me too! I just do 'em!

Chances are I will skip the sand down hill.... Going up is a different story... I cant get enough of it.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Man, I miss the posts and I'm 2 pages down! I'm in for the sand hill in any direction we want to take it!
Elk

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
My 125 actually much prefers going down the sandhill. It doesn't like "up the sandhill" too well. :ugg:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I went up and down it twice last Sunday, and the downside is not so scary to me anymore---just stay out of my way though, as it's controlled mayhem on the decent!:debil:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Actually, the downhill is cool, and I'd love to pin it if I could just stop at the bottom! My bike's not too good in the whoops at 80 MPH!:scream:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hmm.. I might be able to work something out here. A fellow here at work has offered up his 98 YZ400 for me to ride (I dont know if GSR can load my bike by herself) but I can only make it if I am still working nights. Even then I would be getting off work at 7:00 am and have to be back in at 7:00 pm. Dont know if I could get there to catch you guys by 8:00.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Phelan 10

TTR - we won't be hitting the trail until 9 AM. :D

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Well lets get this straight then. Are we meeting at 8am or 9am. Either is good with me I just don't want to miss any of the fun ..... :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We're meeting at 0800, that's 8am for you civilians! End of Wilson Ranch Road. We can run the track for a few until everyone gets there. If anyone needs directions, post the request and one of us can help.
Elk

Looking for ward to chewing some dirt with you guys again, Jr. is pretty excited too.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I'm in. Elk -- look forward to meeting you finally. Rest of you guys -- it's been a while. Haven't even seen Scar's Stoker KLX.

Mileage: we will be swinging back in a loop fashion to refuel?

Carnage: Not that I'm in for a full 100 mile carnage run yet -- this will be my first ride back since my accident. "Out of shape" doesn't begin to capture the problem. Long as I don't get lost, though, I should be okay. :scream:

Jetting: any predicted temps/elevation ranges? I want to give the new ride a fair chance on the sand hill, after all. :cool:

Just got my sparky btw after months of back order -- woo hoo!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Phelan

I left my last post only to come back today and see 20+ more post. I’m thinking everyone has cabin fever and is dying to ride. Man if you guys are talking about the sand hill I’m thinking about, that is a blast to ride. Much easier coming down than going up. Hey Long< you’re in good company here too. Been down and out since I broke myself up too, so we will be the slow and out of shape ones in the group, I can tell. I might have two other people that may be interested in going. I’m assuming that this would all right since you said the more the merrier. As for the thong, the question really would be? Would ya want to see my big and hairy butt hangin out of that piece of cloth? Anyone that says yes, is riding in the front!!!! LOL

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Phelan

Ok, I need clarification on something. (Ignorant one here) Are was talking about Dec 15 -16 weekend or Dec 8-9 (this weekend)? Im hoping you all meant 15 or 16. Someone let me know.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
We tend to drag out these threads as long as we can and by the time we really ride, we're sick of talking about it! It actually gets everyone real excited about getting together with a bunch of riders. I think the most we had out there at one time was 12, which was a blast.

Longtime, ditto on meeting you too. I like to put a face with a screen name or lets say a hairy butt with a screen name!! Not really, I don't even like looking at my wife's (Hairy butt). If she see's this I'm dead!

Boodac, definately OK with us on adding riders, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. As long as they aren't super models, then I'd have to bow out, don't think I could handle the home front after that!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
15th! This post should be about 5 pages by then!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
[B
Longtime, ditto on meeting you too. I like to put a face with a screen name or lets say a hairy butt with a screen name!! [/B]

Elk. You are lucky you didn't make it to the last Big Bear ride. I still wake up screaming in the middle of the night over that one.:scream:

Ask Longtime about it.:confused:

Mastersandblaster and I are going to try to make it, that is, if you guys promise not to be too rough on us.

What are the chances of stopping by the Summit Inn cafe for some Ostrich burgers for lunch??? Yummmmmm.;) There is a gas station there too for the fuel challenged two-smokes.

Ol'89r

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I suggested the cafe also, I'm in for the bird burgers! You wake up screaming because you realized that you ride a 4 stroke.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy
(I dont know if GSR can load my bike by herself)
Ummm, HELLO!! Of course I can! Didn't I explain my new technique to you?

Place truck in the ravine on side of house
Launch bike into back of truck
Presto! :)

Got your PM Broodac. Sounds good to me! I'll let you know for sure if I go.

The Eel just doesn't want me to go because of how I shamed him at Big Bear. He doesn't like being beaten by girls, well...at least not beaten on a dirtbike :p (for those of you who have seen me ride, then you know I'm joking, for those of you how haven't met me... I whooped his ass good.) ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You wake up screaming because you realized that you ride a 4 stroke.

No, actually riding a 4 stroke is a good thing.;) The other thing, you will just have to ask LT about it. I get a little scared just thinking about it.:scream:

Stopped by the cafe on Wednesday and had Ostrich sausage and scrambled Ostrich eggs for breakfast. Wow, what a breakfast!

Speedie, hope you can make it. Don't worry about the downhills. You and your bike will always make it to the bottom no matter how bad you mess up.:)

Ol'89r

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I think the most we had out there at one time was 12, which was a blast.

Twelve?! That's amateur hour. We had three groups of that for some of our rides. Oh well, you're workin' on it. :confused: Actually, this reminds me of a memorable moment up at Big Bear a long time ago. For some reason, I was first to get to a fork in the road -- creek crossing to left, rock garden to right (I must have taken a shortcut, or skipped a hillclimb on the way, okay?!). A kid about 11 was standing there as his father and brother nursed a Jeep through the rock garden. The Jeep is now stalled, and it's really quiet out there in the mountains. He says "Hi. Whatcha doin'?" I say "Oh, just waiting for my buds." A couple of minutes later you start to hear this roar, and next thing between 10-15 bikes come around the bend haulin' you-know-what making a dirt cloud that could be seen for miles. About half stop, the other half turn left and fly on through the creek and out of sight (lots of DRN'ers in that crowd, btw). This line keeps going, and going -- soon hits over 20. I look over at the kid, whose eyes are now as big as saucers, and he says in an awed voice "you got a lot of buds. . . " just before I and those who had stopped jump back into the back of the pack and take off. I was cracking up at the look on that kid's face. It was like one of those movies with a little kid watching a biker gang roaring through a small quiet town.

As to 89'rs nightmares -- I haven't the foggiest as to what he's talking about! ;) Course, I'm not sure Deep Creek will ever be the same. . . and I know that Terry's and other impressionable minds are scarred forever. . .

Last edited by a moderator:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That's 12 on ONE bike!

Top Bottom