Originally posted by ktmboy
I would be more than happy to drag race some thumpers uphill---
Yeah, with your 360 and pantyhose, you should be a natural at drag..:scream:

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
as opposed to coming down fast....Jeff, I picture standing outside your front door, looking up to the sky, with your tongue out catching rain drops! Am I on the right track? Are you wearing the fuzzy pink robe and bunny slippers too? I ber you're the junior weather forecaster for Channel 7, huh??!! LOL!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I really shouldn't bash my zuki brother, you're the only one I got!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

;)
Not many of us out there...... Its funny that I always hear crap about my bike but its never had any major problems.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Rain sucks (today)........... My neighbor just called to inform me that my backyard is starting to pool water. I had some concrete work done last weekend and I never finished the drainage.:ugg:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:scream:

Jim Mo 67

Jan 15, 2001
Hey OL'89ER, Master Salamander called this morning & said he's in. I guess with todays rain & all, his cold went away. TJ Pat & I will meet you guys at Mc Donalds @ 7:30 (yes the now have burritos).
To all other DRNers, Looking forward to a great day

Jim

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by Elk & RMjeff

and

Not many of us out there...

There may be two more coming, RMXes (pukin' two smokers- gag, & they're yeller, too!): Jr & yours truly; extrashorty (RM80) doesn't care for ice racin', so he chose to stay home.

If we show, I'll share sweep duty as I reinjured my hip yesterday.

So sorry ol'49r: no bar bashin' this time.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
P H E L A N 1 0 0

Awesome Placelast ... it'll be nice to playride with you again ... 'cause racing against you is just a bit too humbling ! (you kicked major butt at the Wicked Bird !)

Hope to see you there ... :)

Good news - got the engine back so now I just gotta get it back in the bike and put Humpty back together again. New top end, new gearbox, new plug.
Unfortunately my work Christmas party is tonite - I'm gonna be one bleary eyed hack mechanic when you see me in the morning ! It's gonna be a long night !

LongTime - I'll post late tonite (Friday) so try to check the board early in the morning if you can - before you leave hopefully. Hope you had a good trip !

P H E L A N 1 0 0

thumbs ------------ CR 125
scar tissue -------- KLX 340 + 1 hopped-up ****
ktmboy ------------ 360 E/XC
a454elk ------------ RM 250
elk jr. -------------- 2-smoke
Elk Jr. buddy ----- 2-smoke
oldandslo ---------- XR 400
boodac + 2 ....... asian 2-smoke + ??
longtime + 2 ------ GG 300 + two XR 6-somethings
desert_racer + 1 - KTM 300 E/XC - KTM 200 M/XC
the eel ------------- WR 125
rmjeff -------------- RM 250
MXbundy + 1 ----- YZ 250F + 125 2-smoke
AMinkman + 2 ---- WR 400 - XR 400 - XR 650
Captain Jack ------ XR 400
Jim Mo 67 ---------- CR 250
TJ PAt -------------- CR 250
Holeshot ----------- YZ 426F
Ol' Flat-Tracker --- WR 400
BullDog Wayne ---- WR 400
Placelast ---------- RMX 250
Placelast Jr. ------- RMX 250

wombat? ----------- KDX 250
Mr. Salamander? -- WR 400

Seventeen 2-smokes, thirteen 4-strokes, and 2 wild cards.
6 Yamamas, 2 Kawasakis, 9 Hondas, 4 Zooks, 3 Katooms and a HUSKY.

Last edited:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
You boys are in trouble......

Wo HOOO,

Just got back from Malcolm Smiths and I got some new rubber for you guys!:scream:
Two brand new shinny black soft terrain Dunlop 752`s, you know the ones with knobs that look like fangs!:p
So wo to yee 2 choke riders that are foolish enough to dare come within roost range of my 4 banger!

WHaaaaa Haaaa Haaaa..........Haaaa ...........Haaaaaa.......

later
LORD DARTH BUNDY

PS my thong and tutu are BLACK......for obvious reasons
:uh:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
OH YEAH.....

Almost forgot,

Got you plugs there Desert_ Racer, now you dont have too worry about that evil deseas that infests all 2 spoogers......the FOULED PLUG.:uh:
With these 2 new ones your guarnteed to make it at least to the 50 mile mark!:p

Hope you can make it Placelast & Jr.

later bundy

bulldog496

Sep 26, 2001
Just a weather update:
2040 hrs (8:40pm)
Windy, cold, low clouds at the ridge, cold.
Very little rain today (if any). Ground should be good and damp though.
Did I already say its cold? 33degrees right now.
Supposed to have a high in the 40's, maybe low 50's tommorow with
fair skies. Should be a good day for riding. :)
Layer, layer, layer.

later

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Bundy....

Sweet... With the plug in the bike, the two that you picked up for me and the one spare that I already had I should have enough plugs to last the hole 100.... now if I can just keep up with the bike. :)

See you boys at MickyDeees in the morning for some breakfast.......:uh:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Longtimre - prease seee tis message - bring the xr4 = too much merlot. couldn[t work on bike.

see u there ...

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Very funny, Scar/Thumbs. I'm about to assemble, load and bring an extra bike . . . while just getting back from long trip . . . . . But I really feel bad for asking Terry to bring his cannister of AIR. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
. But I really feel bad for asking Terry to bring his cannister of AIR. :confused:

Well, you should, since you didn't even use it.;)

Ride report on General forum, Ride reports. A phantastic, phun day at Phelan.

AMinkman

Nov 17, 1999
So what happened after the first loop? I had a complete blast on the first one, especially following Longtime. I think he's a pilot, by trade or by accident
I don't know, but very entertaining to follow! (That was a great save) Looking forward to the next DRN ride, I'll will definitely stay for lunch next time. What was the official head count?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Go to 'general forums' and click on the sub-forum 'race/ride reports', and look for "a phantastic, phun day at Phelan" for a full report on the ride.
BTW, it was nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to hooking up with you again!
Regards, ktmboy.:D

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
It sucks to work for a living. I swear in my next life I wanna be rich. Here I was loaded up at 3:00AM Saturday and head off to work thinking Im going to be off by 8:30 and ride in Phelan, when low and behold crap happens at 7:30. This absolutely sucks, Im jealous as hell. But, I did manage to head out there on Sunday and ride for about 5 hours. Man the forestry guys were everywhere. Ok I wanna know, who did and didnt make the sand hill? I bet most of the 4 strokers made it. I love my 2 stroker but you cant beat the 4 stroker for hillclimbing.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
That stinks.. work that is.. I'm ready to retire myself.. If only I could get the wife to suport me for the next 40 - 50 years... :eek:

we (at least I) didn't see any rangers. Must have been drinkin coffee hiding from the cold.

The 300 Pumkin made it just fine. 3rd gear all the way to the top ..... :) :)

Hope to see ya next time.

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
2 stroke rules on that sand hill. I hit it in 4th then into 3rd then 2nd then 1st! All in about 50 feet.:scream: It's the doglegs that kill my momentum, I hate em!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Now, are we talking the hill to the east or the hill to the west? The one to the east side is killer. As soon as I can get the wife to work two jobs to support my retirement I’m stuck. I wonder if one of those hypnotists could help to convince her.

Top Bottom