Dec 10, 2006
Chapter 6!

Here it is guys

Previosly-2nd place again.
Mark saw lester holding his pitboard. it said 'INSIDE RUT'. Mark tried this. He was gaining on him. He finally cut him off on a bowl turn. Yess! He only had 7 turns till the finish line jump. Mark felt a bumping on his back tire and saw Blake Gopy trying to pass him. How Did he get back up here? Mark thought. But that didn't matter because he had just came around the last turn. Mark raised his arms in victory as he flew across the finishline.

Chapter 6

The announcer guy came over to Interview Mark right after he got off his bike.
"How's the track today Mark?" The announcer said into the Mic.
"Uhh, pretty muddy and slippery" Mark said.
"Is it getting rutted up?" The announcer asked.
"Uhh yeah" Mark said lamely.
"Who would you like to thank for helping you get here mark?" The announcer said.
"Uhh, TPA Racing and My Parents."
"Well nice race mark" Mark walked away. That was the first time he had ever been interviewed at the finishline.
"Good race" Said Bobby's sister Stephanie to Mark.
"Th-Thanks" Mark mumbled.
The rest of the day passed quickly. Mark and Bobby sat in the bleachers and watched the rest of the races. Matt won his main event, but Kasey finished 3rd. After a while Stephanie came over to sit with Bobby and Mark.
"Hey guys" she said as she sat down. Mark was even more nervous now than when he was sitting at the starting gate. 'Just don't say anything stupid' He repeated in his head. Mark just didn't say anything at all to keep from saying stupid.
"Hey Mark are you racing Round 3 in fresno?" Bobby asked.
"Uhh yeah TPA is Racing the whole series. Are you?" Mark said.
"Yeah" Bobby said.
"Where do you live?" Mark asked
"Sacremento" Stephanie said, "But were moving to Davis soon"
"I live in Davis" Mark said.
"cool" Bobby said. Then Mr.Andrews walked up and told Bobby and Stephanie that it was time to go.
"See you next weekend" Mark said to Stephanie And Bobby. They waved and left.
When Mark got back to the trailer Matt said
"I saw you sitting with your girlfriend up there"
"Shut up she's not my girlfriend" Mark shot back.
"Yeah you just wish she was" Kennan had joined the conversation.
"Your just jealous because you couldn't get a girl if you wanted one" Mark said.

The drive to Fresno wasn't as long as the drive From LA to Carson city, but that didn't make it any less boring. Mark slept most of the time. They stopped at a hotel.
"We can't be here yet can we?" Mark asked who had just woken up.
"No were spending the night here, and then going to a really cool Motocross track tommorow." Jordan told them.
"And where exactly are we?" Matt asked.
"Mammoth Lakes" said Jordan.

The hotel wasn't as nice as the ones they had been staying in, but since they were only staying 2 nights, they didn't need a super nice one.
"It's got a hot tub!" Keenan said exitedly.
"I'm going swimming tonight" Kasey said.
"Me too" They other 3 boys said.

That night Mark,Matt,Keenan, and Kasey all ran down to the indoor pool and hot tub.
Mark looked at the older two boys and noticed that they both had six-packs. Mark looked at his stomache. He was pretty skinny, but there was no six pack there. He decided He would start going to the hotel Gyms to lift weights and run on the tredmill.
They all went swimming then sat in the hot tub for 45 minutes.

"Well, there it is" Jordan said, gesturing to the track they were at. The 4 boys mouths fell open when they saw it.
"That thing is huge!" Mark Exclaimed .
"Yeah! Races here must be more like a harescramble!" Kasey said.
"The fastest lap time is over 25 miutes." Jordan said hapily. The tracks was certainly large. There were not any huge jumps but there were rough sweepers, uphills, downhills, and much more.
The team all rushed to get their bikes and go ride the track.
It was kinda muddy but that made it even more fun. Some hills were so steep that it took them over 6 tries to get up them.

At dusk all the team finished their last lap and hooked up the pressure washer since there bikes had about 2 inches think of mud everywhere.
"That was the most fun I think I've ever had on a track" Kennan said. The other boys murmered there agreemant.
Back at the hotel they sat in the hot tub for a little while then all went up to bed.
They all fell asleep quickly since they had ridden so much that day.

The next day they drove the rest of the way to Fresno. When they got to the hotel mark reconized the Andrews racing trailer in the parking lot.
When they walked in Mark saw Bobby and Staphanie with their parents checking in.
Mark ran over to them and said" I didn't know you would be in this hotel"
"Hi" Bobby said "We just got here a few minutes ago. When did you get here"
"About 5 seconds ago" Mark said.
"We stopped and got me a new bike" Bobby said " My old one was an 03 and I needed a new one. Wanna come see it?"
"Yeah" Mark replied.
"Common Steph" Bobby said to his twin sister. The three of them went out to Bobbys trailer. After they looked at Bobbys new YZ85 they went and took their suitcases up to their rooms.

Mark sat in the Andrews hotel room watching TV with Bobby and Stephanie.
"We should do something tonight" Mark said to the other two.
"There's a movie theatre down the street" Stephanie said.
"Yeah lets go see a movie" Bobby said.
So Mark told Jordan he was going to walk down the street with Bobby and Stephanie to see a movie. When they got there the three argued on what movie to see. Mark and Bobby wanted to see a horror, but Steph wanted to see a Chick flick.
"Well Mark and I will go to our movie" Bobby told his sister "And you can go to yours"
"OK fine I'll go with you 2" She said.
The movie was very scary and Stephanie kept grabbing on to Mark when things were intense. He didn't mind. He was sure glad they saw the horror movie.

They walked to the hotel and said goodnight.
"Bye Mark" Stephanie said waving. His insides melted again.
He shook himself. 'What's gotten into me' He thought. His racing came before his love life.

A/N- The race will be next chapter. I don't want the chapters being to long.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
just letting you know, its not a good thing to go into the hot tub the night before a race because you lose all your calluses and dehydrate yourself.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
dirtbike_freak said:
Here it is guys

A/N- The race will be next chapter. I don't want the chapters being to long.

Excellent.

Besides a heck of a lot of good riders and mechanics... there are A Lot of good writers and photographers in this community.

How many chapters have I missed... I just signed up....Oh wait... Just saw... I'll have to hunt down the first five chapters.

I know this great group of 50 somethings who race up here... I thought it would be awesome to do a little article or magazine piece on them... But after seeing all the great writers and photographers here... I may just have to be a fan all around.
Cool.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
olderndirtmom said:
Excellent.

Besides a heck of a lot of good riders and mechanics... there are A Lot of good writers and photographers in this community.

How many chapters have I missed... I just signed up....Oh wait... Just saw... I'll have to hunt down the first five chapters.

I know this great group of 50 somethings who race up here... I thought it would be awesome to do a little article or magazine piece on them... But after seeing all the great writers and photographers here... I may just have to be a fan all around.
Cool.

The thing that makes this story even more impressive, is that it's a 13 year old writing it! Hes born on september 7 1992. Im born on september 7 1994

Dec 10, 2006
sixds said:
just letting you know, its not a good thing to go into the hot tub the night before a race because you lose all your calluses and dehydrate yourself.
It wasn't the night before the race, it was the monday before his race :nod:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
150rguy said:
The thing that makes this story even more impressive, is that it's a 13 year old writing it! Hes born on september 7 1992. Im born on september 7 1994
I was just looking thru profiles and seeing that... Only I think I had my math backwards. It is very very very cool! I hope his teacher is giving him extra credit.... He's quite prolific.

I met with a group of writer sorts in Wisconsin. One is a columnist for a daily paper, another a mystery writer, and another a textbook /university professor. Your pal has found his two callings for sure....
You guys are growing up in a great age to be published!

anyway... great work. I'll try to backtrack to the next chapters.
I'll leave it to you pros to write!! I'm humbled.

(But I'm not so humbled I"m not gonna learn to jump my bike before I die!!)

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
150rguy said:

Same birthdays! cool. My two daughters are born two days apart...(and five years)....

Dec 10, 2006
olderndirtmom said:
I was just looking thru profiles and seeing that... Only I think I had my math backwards. It is very very very cool! I hope his teacher is giving him extra credit.... He's quite prolific.
Thanks. I'm gonna wait until i'm all done with the storry to turn it in. I would thank you for calling me prolific to, but I don't know what it means :whoa: :)

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
dirtbike_freak said:
Thanks. I'm gonna wait until i'm all done with the storry to turn it in. I would thank you for calling me prolific to, but I don't know what it means :whoa: :)

It means you write a lot... and it comes easy.

Think "fast and furious"!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
dirtbike_freak said:
Okay so I was bored today so I decided to write a dirtbike story. Here goes Chapter 1

"Are you serious?" Mark asked amazed.
"Dead serious" Jordan said grinning."What do you say?"
" Uhh, Im gonna have to talk it over with my dad" Said Mark still staring at jordan.
"Call me" said jordan handing Him a card.

Okay That was chapter 1 guys. tell me what you think :)

Okay... I'm hooked. But, I'm gonna read these just one a night while I catch up if that's okay.

You have good writing style. Have they talked about any of this in your English classes?? Your technique is quite good.

I'm gonna hold the rest of my questions til I catch up... (I think)... we'll see. Good stuff!

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
150rguy said:

I feel soo old :yikes:

Dec 10, 2006
okay im writing chap 7 right now! Im so sorry that I hvent had it posted earlier but I've been so busy. I should have it posted in like 1-3 hours

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
How's that Chapter 7 coming along?

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

We'll be waiting patiently. You've done a great job so far. You tell a good story. It's also very fun to see your self confidence as you go about this. Aren't you a computer geek and can't you find the temp file and restore it? Undoubtedly a shadow of it might be there...

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I'd suggest, in the future, writing it on Microsoft Word or Notepad and save often in the process. When it is completed, copy and paste it on DRN :cool: Can't wait to read Chap 7.

Dec 10, 2006
I had it in my dashboard in a journal type writing program that you can lock up, but theat whole thing somehow got deleted off my comp. Im restartting now.

Last edited:

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
use openoffice.org. if your computer restarts, the next time you start it up it will come up with a document recovery wizard.

Top Bottom