Dec 10, 2006
here-

Chap 7
WEDNESDAY

Mark forced himself to get up at 6:00 the next day so he could go down to the hotel weight room to excersise. He ran on the treadmill for about 20 minutes while watching ESPN on tv. After the treadmill he lifted weights for 15 minutes. He kept doing this cycle until 7:30 when he went up to the hotel room.
“What are you doing up?” Kasey said sleepily when Mark walked in.
“Must be a record” Matt said “You ever getting up before 8 o clock.”
“Lets just go eat breakfast” Mark said.

The rest of the week the TPA team spent training. In the morning they left for a track and road it all day until it closed. They would practiced passing, jumps, turns and any thing else. When they got back to the hotel barely anyone had enough energy to go swimming so they all just sat in the hot tub.
A lot of time when they got back Mark would go and hang out with Bobby. Bobby and Mark were becoming better and better friends every day. As for his sister, Mark was still to scared to say anything in front of her so he didn’t say anything.
On Friday night Bobby and Mark were sitting in the hot tub talking about the race the next day when the subject changed.
“You better ask her out soon” Said Bobby.
Marks stomache gave a lurch. “Ask who out?” He said pretending he didn’t know.
“You know who” Bobby said. “Stephanie”
“That’s gross” Mark said.
“I know you like her. You’ve been eyeing her since you first met us.”
“Yeah well she wouldn’t like me” Mark said.
“How do you know?”
“Well does she?” Mark asked.
“I don’t know” Bobby said.
“Well she will tomorrow when I win the race,” Mark said
“When I win you mean?” Bobby said.
“We’ll see.”

SATURDAY

The whole team woke up at 7:00. Mark looked out the window. It was sunny and looked like it was going to be hot. They drove 20 minutes to the race. Mark was determined to win so he could keep up in the points. When they got there it took them about 15 minutes to find a parking place.
“I cant believe how many people are here” Mark said
“ It’s a good thing that the Semi got here yesterday or there would defiantly be no place for it” Jordan said. After they unloaded there bikes Mark went to walk the track.

The track had a lot of turns and only 1 straight away. On half the track there was bark covering the dirt. The jumps were all doubles and triples and no table tops.
After mark walked the track he went to the riders meeting. There was a lot of people there. The announcer started reading the race order of the qualifiers. Marks race was first. After the meeting he went and got his bike ready for practice.

Mark was sitting on the line for the first qualifier. There was so many people at the race, that 85A had to have 4 heats.
The gate dropped. Mark must not of been concentrating hard enough because right off the gate Mark flipped over.
Mark hurried up to pick up his bike. Mark caught up with some of the pack after about a lap. He passed the first person. Mark continued to move up through the pack. He had passed 8 people. There were 15 people on the race. That meant he had a qualifying spot.
By the end of the race mark was in 4th.
“Nice start” Lester the mechanic said grinning as he pushed Marks bike back to the pits.
“I know” Mark said “I should have been concentraiting hard enough”
“Well you got a qualifying spot anyway”

Mark was sitting in the bleachers watching Matt soaring across the finishline in first place. Mark realized that there was only 2 races until his. Mark hurried to get his bike ready. Mark and Lester walked to the starting line. While Mark sat there on the line he heard the announcer say, “On the line is the 85A main event. Last weekend we saw Mark Peterson of Davis Californa take the checkered flag, Followed by Blake Gopy who is tied with Peterson in the points. On the line is also Bobby Andrews who took third last weekend.”
Mark saw the card go up. He leaned forward so he would get a better start. The card went sideways and then the gate dropped. Mark got a better start than his heat, but still didn’t get the holeshot. He saw 3 people ahead of him. That meant he was in 4th. He made the pass on number 36 so that now he was in 3rd. He spent 8 more laps of the 10 lap race chasing around Blake Gopy. When Mark finally tried to make the pass, Blake attempted to hit Mark. Blake was a few lengths ahead of Mark . Mark tried another pass on Blake. He slid his back tire around in the pass which hit Blakes front wheel and made him fall. Mark only had one lap to pass Bobby who was in first place. He caught up with him and then saw him fall in a corner. He hurried to pick up his bike but Mark had already passed him. After half a lap Mark soared across the finish line with the checkered flag waving.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Good Chapter! :cool:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
OKay... I see the tension building here....

Boy, I hope Stephanie doesn't go all soft for Blake since he fell. Girls are always doing that! Traitors? How come Stephanie doesn't race? Had some major accident which has put her off that our hero must help her get over?

Is she perhaps mechanical?? Dreams of designing dirt tracks??

lol. Go ahead kid. It's your story. I'm sure she's just some cute but personality-less dumb girl with no interests or anything.

I'm just teasing you. You're doing great.

We'll be waiting on 8.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Another good chapter. We'll be waiting for Chapter 8.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Dont rush it, Schoool is definitely more important, and then you need to leave yourself to ride too.

Dec 10, 2006
Right now.

Previously-Blake was a few lengths ahead of Mark . Mark tried another pass on Blake. He slid his back tire around in the pass which hit Blakes front wheel and made him fall. Mark only had one lap to pass Bobby who was in first place. He caught up with him and then saw him fall in a corner. He hurried to pick up his bike but Mark had already passed him. After half a lap Mark soared across the finish line with the checkered flag waving.

Chap 8

Mark came to a stop in front of Lester who game him a pat on the back, “Nice race kid,” He said. Mark saw Bobby come down across he finish line. They high-fived.
“I almost won,” Bobby said “If I wouldn’t of fallen in that corner.”
“Well at least we both beat Blake Gopy.” Mark said trying to cheer him up.
“Yeah”

Mark, Stephanie, and Bobby were all sitting in the stands. Stephanie hadn’t spoken a word and was looking at Mark funny.
She finally spoke up, “I can’t believe you knocked over Blake Gopy on purpose.”
“I didn’t do it on purpose” Mark said back “And he deserved it anyway. Didn’t you see him trying to hit me and kick me during he race?”
“He did not’ Stephanie said coolly “You’re just trying to make what you did OK by saying he try’s to sabotage you. He’s way too nice for that.” And she got up and walked away. Mark’s mouth was hanging open, and Bobby was mouthing something.
“What was that about?” Mark said, shocked.
“I haven’t a clue.” Bobby said “She’s gone completely insane. ‘He’s way to nice for that,’ She must’ve fallen and hit her head.”

When Bobby and Mark were walking back to their trailers after they were tired of watching races they saw Stephanie Sitting next to Blake Gopy laughing at his trailer.
“ What’s she doing over there?” Bobby said.
“I don’t know.” Mark said, “But I don’t think I have much chance of going out with her now.”
“You wouldn’t want to go out with someone who thinks Blake Gopy’s nice anyway.” Bobby said.

When Mark got back to the TPA trailer he saw a group of about 7 girls standing around the awning.
“Can we have you autograph?” A girl asked.
“Uhh, sure” Mark said. He couldn’t believe someone wanted his autograph. He signed the first girls paper.
Mark Peterson # 83

He signed all of the girls paper and had 2 pictures taken with them.
A guy from FMF also came over and talked to Mark and Jordan about forming a sponsorship with Mark. Apart from Stephanie, the day was going great.
Jordan told the team that they would be going home for a couple of days this week. That just made every thing better. It was also Marks birthday Monday.

Mark walked into the front door of his house. “SURPRISE!”
Mark looked around. All of his friends were there and there was a banner that said “Happy Birthday Mark” Mark walked over and started talking to every one. There was 8 kids there. They all seemed to know how he had done in the races. Then they ate cake and opened presents. But the best part of this was after everyone left.
“Thanks for the part mom.” Mark said.
“It was nothing” She said hugging him.
“Come here I want to show you something” Marks dad said to him. Mark followed him into the garage. Mr.peterson turned on the lights. There sitting on a stand was a Brand new CRF150R. Mark gasped.
“Is it for me?!” Mark asked his Dad.
“I’m not gonna ride it!” Marks dad said smiling.
“Thanks dad” Said Mark as he hugged his dad.

Mark couldn’t sleep that night because he was so excited to ride his new Bike the next day. When he woke up it was 7:30. He went down stairs to the kitchen.
“You’re up early.” Said his Mom.
“ I want to go ride” He said.
“You’ll have to wait till 9:30 or the neighbors won’t be happy.”
“Fine”
That 2 hours was the longest 2 hours of his life. When I was finally 9:30 Mark was outside next to the Petersons practice track waiting to ride. He started it up. It definetly was different than his 85. But he loved it. He rode until 3:00 only stopping for lunch and fill ups.

Last edited:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Great job man! Too bad it didn't work with stephanie, But you'll come up with some kind of twist.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I think Stephanie is just trying to make Mark jealous, girls really have no clue. :nener:

Top Bottom