MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Well, I didnt' get a chance to vote on that one (wouldn't have guessed right anyway - congrats Brian!!!) But I have a prediction on the next one to drop........................................

SMIT-DOG!!!

followed really close by..............................

ASRITH!!!!

Come on guys, make me right! ;)

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mully,
I'm slow! C senior
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mr. Bill,

Next time you are driving west on highway 96, take exit 101 and go north about a mile.  There will be a building on the right side with an orange (what do you expect) strip.  Introduce yourself to Tom and he will sell you the KATOOM of your choice.

If you are going to be the next convert, you better hurry...I know Asrith is thinking hard about a used KTM.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
There's actually a KTM dealer here in Michigan! :confused:

Seriously though, I will have to postpone any decision until I can first ride one. Mid-summer is more like it, with 04's coming out and all. Still have to get my tow vehicle squared away... and how long can you put off replacing a roof?

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by fatherandson
Roof??  Is it leaking yet??  If not, buy a new bike!! ;)
Too late. There was a "light rain" in my garage this past winter during a warm spell. Problem is that there is an attic above the garage. Inside of roof had a 1/2" of frost/ice that was melting onto the ceiling of the garage. Roof is 18 years old, but the real problem is that I have a ventilation problem.

I can justify the financing of a new roof, but not a new bike. Planting the seeds though... :thumb:

Drew 674

Jul 25, 2002
smit dog, with all the MTR guys we could have your roof done in a weekend and save a ton for the new scooter...as long as the roof isn't over a 8/12 pitch, i've got 4 coil nailers collecting dust..since i did my roof last memorial day.

don't count me out of the "orange" side yet, just waiting to ride a four stroke..(HINT,HINT)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Drew,

A ride on a stroker can be arranged.  Got plans for this weekend?  I am going to Moorestown.

Mike

P.S.  I have a box of roofing nails left over from my last "honey do" that I can donate to the Smit dog's project. 

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Appreciate all the offers guys, but a roofer I am not! Don't know about the pitch, but I do freak out a little cleaning the gutters on the backside of the house - it's a 3 story drop!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Good deal on the points Don! If Nathan wants to ride to CR 250, Fred T he can anytime. I have crashed it so hard many a times. Oh did I mention it is for sale...

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
My vision is clear! There’s only one color in my dreams! Well maybe two (gray) Blue is a pretty color but better left to eye's or skies. All I have to do is talk a certain person in to that 10 years is way too long to keep a bike.

Bill, A little fall protection. A couple flat nose shovels, some nails and lots of big fat burgers. That roof would be done!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sure is getting interesting with the CRF250x coming out as well. Seems like the new Kawazuki is more of a catch-up "me-too" player, whereas the CRFx looks like it will finally give Yamaha's baby F some serious competition.

So when is fuel injection going to hit?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Badgerman, The RFS Bikes are getting more interesting all the time! That kawi as long as it is not a warmed over DRZ sounds real appealing. Still too early to tell on that bike. As for the other RFS bikes, I want a woods version with a headlight. I've always liked the WR's & that woods version of the CRFX look pretty neat. I just want something that needs no major up grades out of the box. And it should come with all the bells & whistles!!! Plus my next'd bike is going to be used lets say no older than a 00 or 01 and 400cc plus, and modern seat / fuel tank ergonomics. That leaves me a very narrow field. Either a wr, exc, cannondale or maybe a gas gas? And with Lansing Cycle just around the conner and a major player in the woods riders/ racing world. It just seems to me the best choice! Plus the peer pressure. I’ve always run with the pack, ooh well. :yeehaw:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Yeah, I rode my dad's 250 exc :scream: :yeehaw: Although it was fun, I think I'll stick with 4 strokes for now...I'd be too scared to take a beast like that into the woods!

The 250 EXC RFS looks really sweet...so does the CRF 250x, but alas, they are both out of my limited price range :(

Someday I'll be able to afford one...I just hope that day comes soon!

Nate

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by CircuitRider
Nate,

Just borrow Junior's 400exc... tell him I said it was OK

Mike Sr.

He did. He liked it. It wasn't as scarey to him as my 2 smoker and he even took it through the woods trails at the clubgrounds. He's getting a long "wish list" of bikes he'd like. A 250 rfs KTM is on it too...

If he's ambitious he'll work extra hours this summer and save some money and then sell his honda, pay it off and maybe get himself something new for next season. "If" is the key word here...

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I heard Nathan's sister was looking for a bike with MORE power.  Maybe he could sell his bike to her. ;)

I saw Tim Dixon's dad today.  I reminded me NOT to let Tom ride the 400 AGAIN!!

If I am not in trouble, I like causing it for others.:flame:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Oh, come on now.

Play nice Arnold. ;) I WILL find one!!!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR