Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
It seemed pretty obvious that Travis stumbled in the corner and R.C. just happened to be there. If R.C. really wanted to take Travis out, he would have just ridden up and over Travis's bike, taking out a few spokes in the process. At least he rode around it.;)

There will always be those people in the stands with a beer in one hand and a hot dog in the other, telling everyone within earshot how they would have done it. It looks SOOOOO easy from the stands.

Anyone that has qualified to be out there on the track deserves our respect. If you can go out there and beat even one of those guys, then, you have earned the right to bag on him if you want.

Just because you have purchased a ticket and a few over priced beers does not give you this right. It does'nt matter if you like R.C. or not, he deserves our respect.

I feel that the popularity of our sport brings more of the WWF anf FMX types to these events. I don't think the real fans would act like this. It is up to the real fans to show them an example of how to act at a motorcycle race.

Opps, excuse me, I just fell of my soapbox.:confused:

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
Yep. TP bobbled and left the door open. RC quickly saw that and gassed it to take the line away. That is racing. What was RC supposed to do, stop, let TP get back in the line and race again?

FLYBOY-7

Jan 24, 2000
what RC did was "clean" racing?? i'm sure glad i don't race at your track... you guys must really keep the copters flying all day....

when you or i race, and some squid gets all funky in front of us, i'll bet known of us NAIL the throttle to knock the guy out of the way...

1. we aren't racing to hurt anyone else (if you are, you need to take up boxing, you are a disgrace to mx)

2. chances are, the squid will take us both out... it's faster to simply back off and wait to see where the squid lands at... RC especially has a ton at stake... one broken handlebar could cost him the entire title...

you can watch the tape till your brains turns to mush... put yourself on RC's honda, and i don't see any mentally stable rider doing what RC did in that situation...

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
TP a squid?

Come on Fly boy, there's no comparison to any "squid" or any of us for that matter at our local tracks and what these guys are doing.

Travis went a little wide, RC dove inside. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most people get on the gas hard coming out of a corner in a race?

Oh yeah, wait to see where the squid lands, meanwhile DV flys by and puts more distance between you and the points lead.

Two years ago, everyone's complaining cause MC checks out every race and there's no battles. Then last year after Anaheim III, RC checks out every race and everyone's complaining cause there's no battles. This year, we finally get some real racing in SX, and everybody's complaining about the aggressive riding. These guys get paid to get in there and bang with each other, I don't know of a sport any more intense. This year there are 10 guys every week who can win and there are battles all over the track. Roncada, Bubba, RC, Fonseca, DV - they're all riding aggressive this year - they have to. I didn't hear any uproar at Anaheim when TP parked Ramsey. Or how about Fonseca almost taking Roncada over the berm at Indy? Sellards and Bubba?

I'm sure if the other riders feel that somebody's aggressiveness is out of line, they'll handle it on the track. Sorry for the rant, but I'm just tired of hearing guys get bagged on for making a little contact. If TP had put RC down, would there be this much complaining going on?? I doubt it. I'm just glad that there's exciting racing to watch this year. I've been to 4 of 6 events this year and get to go to two more. I can't wait, it's the best racing I've ever seen in SX.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm just glad that there's exciting racing to watch this year.
Ditto.

thorspapa

Dec 31, 2001
Let's see, according to the crowds RC is "bad" for bumping TP. Vuilleming is "bad" ,but not if he beats (the now hated) RC. TP is "good", so it's OK for him to take Ramsey out two weeks ago, right? MC is "good", so it's OK for him to take some VERY agressive moves against other less-liked riders and go full speed over the double while the yellow flag is out (Indy, two years ago) for 3 laps with a rider down, right?

And Mike Brown is "good", one of the most agressive riders in the circuit, who seems to have delighted last year in slaming Ernesto Fonseca repeatedly out of the way during the outdoors season, but Grant Langston is "bad" because he is "agressive and dirty". How about this: some riders, like Langston and RC will fight back, but the fans just don't see them as "nice". TP says "I'll do what it takes to win", but RC is "unprofessional " if he does.

Double standard?

We all have our own impressions of the riders, and it colors what we see. It makes for heavy partisan support of some guys, deservedly or not. It happens on the track when somebody bumps your buddy, we yell about "dirty riding" but when your buddy does it, it's just "unavoidable part of racing"

Sound about right?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Well I always knew I was unstable-just look how often I crash!:confused:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
God I've missed this!!!!!!

Hey guys! Gotta agree w/the masses (well, at least the masses I want to agree w/), it wasn't intentional. I saw it pretty clearly and TP bobbled while RC was taking the inside line. End of story. Sorry that some of you really think that RC should've stopped and helped TP get up, even maybe start his bike for him, but he's not paid to do that. He's paid to RACE COMPETETIVELY. "Nuff said.:cool:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by FLYBOY-7
what RC did was "clean" racing?? i'm sure glad i don't race at your track... you guys must really keep the copters flying all day....

when you or i race, and some squid gets all funky in front of us, i'll bet known of us NAIL the throttle to knock the guy out of the way...

1. we aren't racing to hurt anyone else (if you are, you need to take up boxing, you are a disgrace to mx)

2. chances are, the squid will take us both out... it's faster to simply back off and wait to see where the squid lands at... RC especially has a ton at stake... one broken handlebar could cost him the entire title...

you can watch the tape till your brains turns to mush... put yourself on RC's honda, and i don't see any mentally stable rider doing what RC did in that situation...

What track do you race at FLYBOY? We race around Missouri quite a bit and it is a pretty competitive state, with a heck of a lot more aggressive moves than the ones pictured in Nikki's post regarding this supposed take out move.

Comment #2-Ricky nailed the throttle to maintain momentum and stay upright as well as keep David V from passing him. You don't take a guy/gal out with a turned front wheel, which in pic #2 shows his wheel clearly being taken out by Travis! It was a racing error by travis-nothing more.:silly:

Comment #3-I think it is safe to assume all are in agreement. Nobody wants anybody hurt. Kind of stating the obvious don't you think?

Comment #4-Yeah right! Let's see...David V, Roncada and LaRocco are freight-training behind you and somebody flubs a rutted turn. You see an opening to miss the carnage, but nooo-I'll wait until he takes us both out and let the guys behind me catch or pass us:confused:

Comment #5-:silly:

I guess we may have to agree to disagree, but c'mon the proof shows different. This is some of the cleanest, most exciting racing in years-enjoy it:cool:

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
It's a really good thing that fans today aren't subjected to the motocross and supercross of the 80's and 90's! Talk about "dirty"! It was just racing.

Oh, and flyboy, most of the guys at the local track don't get paid an exorbitant amount of money to race either. The bottom line is that these guys get paid very well to race motorcycles. Does anyone think they get paid to race motorcycles AND be nice to all their competitors? They get paid and they are expected to produce results. This no doubt make for more aggressive racing.

I don't think that ANY of the other racers would have thought twice about making the exact same move RC did. Pastrana would never do that(except when he hit Ramsey a few weeks ago), it's just a part of motocross and has been for long time.

MX Mac

~SPONSOR~
May 18, 2001
I think RC might have a little Bradshaw in him. I think we'll know more about RC's character if he looses the SX season this year. I think it's a definite possibility that he won't win.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
It was clean.

Pastrana blew it, and RC had no where to go.

Shame to, I'm a Pastrana fan, But I'm also a SX fan, so I'm bummed for RC getting the short end of the stick by the fans.

Top Bottom