*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I'm just 5'9" myself, but how tall is that squirt RC? You see how long that kickstarter is? I'm not knockin' the him, he's obviously a great rider, but OTOH, I'm kinda tired of hearing people compalining about how "damn tall these new fangled dirt bikes are" when Ricky seems to be a whole 5 foot two. Anyone know?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
He's about the same height as Ernesto Fonseca...and there was a picture of Ricky, Ernesto, and Ricky's girl freind in one of the magazines. Either Ricky's girl freind plays professional basket ball or Ricky's a midget. He probably gets poked in the eye everytime she walks up to him. He's short. But fast. And in the points lead for yet another 250 National championship as a lame duck on an old chassis against all that technology. Bet he gets another one.:)

( William you another CAD/CAM guy? At least Surface modeling & Graphics?)

Last edited:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
3' 11" in MX Boots and a Helmet. ;)

In street clothes, (you know green suit, black shoes with buckles,top hat, and a pot of gold) he's only 3' 8".

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
5'3"?! Really?! Dang! I was just kidding when I said 5'2". Even more kudos to him in that case.

weimedog;
I work in an in-house design department for a HMO. I do print design and production mostly (catalogs, brochures, posters, misc. advertising, etc.) with the odd web graphics / banners / animations once in a while. I'm SO tired of healthcare, but the jobs are tight around here at the moment..

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
From his rider profile at www.pacesupercross.com - 5'6"!! I really thought he was shorter than me from the times I have seen him in person?!? Maybe this profile is like a driver's license thing (they just ASK you your height and weight) :confused:

Ricky Carmichael

Birth Date: November 27, 1979
Birthplace: Clearwater, Florida
Residence: Havana, Florida
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 161 lbs.
Turned pro: 1996

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I have read in an article when they tested his bike... they cut down the seat foam in his seat and they raise his foot pegs up.. to compensate for his shortness...

crlady

Jan 6, 2001
RC's height

You are right Nikki. I recently met RC at Troy Ohio and had my picture taken with him. I'm 5'5" and he was just a tad bit taller than me, so I'd say he is 5'6". I have heard that they modify his foot pegs etc. for him though.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I saw a picture of Pastrana, RC, and Fonseca in Racer X. Pastrana towers over both of them and it looks like RC is a couple inches taller than Fonseca.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
RC was 5'6" at 165 lbs at the end of the SX season. That's why it's so convenient to have Renthal make the RC Bend. They fit me perfect as I'm 5'6" also. I just wish I could fly like he does.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I just wish I could fly like he does.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, he's still just a short, little (wealthy) Leprechaun.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Smitty
3' 11" in MX Boots and a Helmet. ;)

In street clothes, (you know green suit, black shoes with buckles,top hat, and a pot of gold) he's only 3' 8".
Faith and begorrah! You'd better watch yourself Smitty, or that little Leprechaun will hammer you with his magic shillelagh! Got to hide me Lucky Charms, 'cause they're magically delicious!

:p

joeblack

Dec 21, 1999
*william*, Ricky has his bike modified to fit his height. So. maybe he's been complaining about the height of bikes also? Actually, he's always had his bikes modified. His 125's suspension used to be shortened! Of course Ricky would rip on a 'stock' bike anayway.

yamaracer747

Aug 21, 2001
Iv heard the most frequently that RC is about 5'4, but i have also heard that he is 5'6. So im not sure exactly how tall he is ( and by the different answers so far, it seems as though im not the only one).

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
definitive proof

My guess is RC is 5' 4" based on the fact my son' the kid' is 5' 1" and from the photo RC does not tower over him. Take the cap off and he loses another inch. Aside from from being vertically challenged in heigth he definately is not vertically challenged riding.
RC photo with thekid

Last edited:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I have a life size poster of him in gear sans helmet plus spikey hair and he is only about 5-6,7. He is short, but then again, I got my first 125 at about 5-2!:confused:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
oldguy- love the high tech redline. Almost as accurate as when I used to stand against the door and mark my own height with a ruler. :p Seriously- could 'the kid' have been standing on a higher elevation, or closer to the camera in that pic? Besides- 5'4, 5'6, what's the difference? When you're short, you're short. Big deal. And when did people start calling him a Leprechaun? I feel bad for Ricky sometimes. He just doesn't have the on camera charisma of Jeremy or Travis. It seems that spectators who aren't RC fans always try and infuse some sort of poor sport/crybaby/little man syndrome/ whatever type crap with his personality and racer status. Meow, girls!

Hey *william*, which carrier do you work for?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by zio
oldguy- love the high tech redline. Almost as accurate as when I used to stand against the door and mark my own height with a ruler. :p Seriously- could 'the kid' have been standing on a higher elevation, or closer to the camera in that pic?
Actually I have several photos where they are side by side and they all are roughly the same. In the one scanned they are on level ground and same distance but I give the fact thekid is standing up straight to see him better and RC is slightly bent signing something.
But in reality there isn't much more than 3 or 4 inches difference. Just wish thekid could ride like him so I could retire;)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
no way is he 5'6"

when RC came to sign autographs before the Dallas SX I was standing beside him and could look completely over his head! He barely came to my shoulder, but he was in tennis shoes.
Nevertheless, the guy can ride like he's got the brass ones of a giant! As much as I like MC you just can't argue with RC's determination and guts. Winning speaks for itself.

<note to self> stop sounding like an RC pit troll...:eek:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Well crap. Let's settle this once-and-for-all. Someone bring a tape to the next autograph session. Think he'll take off his boots, or should we figure in about an inch for the A'Stars?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by zio
. . . when did people start calling him a Leprechaun? I feel bad for Ricky sometimes . . .
You wouldn't feel so bad if you saw his pot o' gold!

Faith and begorrah!

Wasn't Ricky one of the extras in Darby O'Gill and the Little People? I think I saw him playin' the fiddle with ol' Darby! ;)

(lighten up zio! It's all in fun!)

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, RC may be able to apply for the role of mini-me in Austin Powers 3...they'd have to shave his head... Now that I think about that image, RC with a shaved head.. No way to take him serious then...hahahahahaha

Top Bottom