so where are the pic's and vid from the last couple of rides HMMMMMM

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
i havent :ride: at all in the past 2 weeks and im having withdrawels i need pic's and vid to keep my hopes up of riding soon. whats going on this weekend. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant take it i NEEEEEEEED to :ride: or im just :coocoo:

either way i am hoping to see some pic's of the last long lake ride and a few others.

i have to move my wifes friend this past weekend so :bang: no riding then.

I need help hehe

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Zuki,
No pictures here, Wolf child should have them covered. As far as this weekend, your in luck. Jack Pine Enduro is Sunday, travel time is about the same as Long Lake. Imagine riding some of Michigans finest terrain, brand new, virgin bushwacking. Its territory only available for these one time events. Try an Enduro, you'll love it or hate it, but when you finish you'll know you were riding. :yikes:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey Zuki. Hook up with wolfchild and come to Bigair Saturday. I am gonna be camping there Friday night so if you want to come over friday night you can camp with us in the pop-up. It aint riding but at least you can be around other people that are riding.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
oh as for the enduro, ill have to pass on that, i have 2 events i am planning on for in the remainder of this year(at least 2 things i have to pay to enter hehe)1 is a HS im still trying to figure out what class to enter for that one, i realy don know what class would be a good one for me, that and our last motocross in oct, and i pretty sure ill be in the 250 C class there.

i may try and enduro next year, but i have to save the cash for these 2 things and a few more trail rides this year. i realy want to ride wolverine again and this year im thinking later maybe oct but not quite as late as we went last year hehe.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Godzuki said:
will there be riding at big air or is there just racing on sat and sun

Just racing....So yes there is riding there. Bring your $33 ($8gate & $25per class entered) and you will get 12 laps of practice.....at speed :)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Best bang for the buck? Looking to get the most for your riding dollar?

For a $55 entry fee, you'll get 5 hours of riding and close to 100 miles of some the best trail in the LP.

Enduro - About .55¢ per mile
MX - About $5.50 per mile (figuring 1/2 mile laps (?))

:think:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yea but then you have to factor in the gasoline to get to Lansing and the 3 gallons of premium that you are going to burn in those 5 hours of riding. At nearly $3.00 a gallon riding closer to home starts to sound better and better.

I just got my street bike on the road today. I am gonna love 40 mpg. Put $9 in the tank and it will last all week. Yes!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Man - you guys are starting to sound like a bunch of beancounter accountants!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
.... Just do like they used to in the Jack Pine days of yore.... Ride your bike to the event, run the enduro, then ride it back home!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
.... Just do like they used to in the Jack Pine days of yore.... Ride your bike to the event, run the enduro, then ride it back home!

Do you get the special coveted "Iron Ass" award for doing that?? :)

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
So, what do you think YZman? D class? I have been thinking about trying it Saturday. I have never raced so I'm thinking D class for the first try. If I was jumping the barn double, I might try C, but I really don't want some kid jumping on top of me.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
Do you get the special coveted "Iron Ass" award for doing that?? :)

If you saw the pic of SmitDog's special highly ventilated pants - you really would not want to see what that looks like! :yikes:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
After getting my ass rubbed raw riding the mud ruts at Roselawn, I’ve discovered that MaxiPads® aren’t just for women…

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
After getting my ass rubbed raw riding the mud ruts at Roselawn, I’ve discovered that MaxiPads® aren’t just for women…

Waaay more information than I needed there Smittpuppy. :ohmy:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
slow_joe said:
So, what do you think YZman? D class? I have been thinking about trying it Saturday. I have never raced so I'm thinking D class for the first try. If I was jumping the barn double, I might try C, but I really don't want some kid jumping on top of me.

You go right on ahead and give it a try. I will be there on the sidelines, sippin on a soda rootin ya on :)

Or is that standing on the sidelines throwing empty beer cans at ya.... ;) Either way :nener:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
Best bang for the buck? Looking to get the most for your riding dollar?

For a $55 entry fee, you'll get 5 hours of riding and close to 100 miles of some the best trail in the LP.

Enduro - About .55¢ per mile
MX - About $5.50 per mile (figuring 1/2 mile laps (?))

:think:

Oh and after a little research I found that the track is actually 1.5 miles.

http://www.bigairmotocross.com/thetrack.htm

So you need to re-calculate your figures there mister :)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Holy Dinero Donny! $1.83 per mile!?! Sign me up!

Actually, I'd like to try riding an MX track one day... as long as there's nobody else there to jump on me!

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
ask nicely and i may be able to swing that for ya. like i have said to others i head out to my clubs track alot now days, (due to stupid idiot gready oil companys and thier high gas price's) and i prefer to have another person there with me incase i realy wreck myself hehe. alot of the time i go there are very few people there at the track, so you realy dont have to worry to much about being landed on. ohh and as long as its not a race weekend for us or the week before a race i can let you in.

so nobody answerd my question, what class in hairscrambles should i try racing in. ive never tried it, i have course marshelled it but never actually tried racing it. i figure ill try it in sept at our clubs next hair scramble race. just looking for tips as to what would be a good class for me to enter.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Zuki,
I recomend the Z class (2hr) unless a. you really want to punish yourself - sign up for a 3 hr class or b. you can coax someone to run a team event with you - sign up for a team class (split the riding duties (1-1/2 hr each).

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsracer369 said:
Zuki,
I recomend the Z class

Is that Z class as in Z-50 class????

I think Godzuki could handle a class of Z-50's :)

Hey godzuki I got a cartoon in the e-mail today and thought of you.

Attachments

• godzuki.jpg
    godzuki.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 119

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
hehehe, i have actually heard somebody ask me that very same question before. they didnt die however.

im not sure i want to ride 3hours on a z50 or even 1 1/2 if i could find somebody crazy enough to do the other half hehe.

yea i know there is a 2 hour and a 3 hour, but im not sure which of those i would fit best in. i know im good for about 40 to 60 miles running as hard as i can, and those trails are in the 2 and 3 hours long(more if you have a load of people and you make alot of stops) in one day i think the most ive done is 80, from 7mile to boone and back, although, most of the way back was easy orv route, and snowmobile trails.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
It will be interesting to see your report after your first HS. Like I said enter the Z class.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
hehehehe hahahaha i have seen the first and thats pretty damn impressive. thats what happends when you open those up under a load.

the second one i havent ever seen damn thats funny hehehehe.

Top Bottom