Spoiler: Unadilla Bubba & Ricky

pace

Nov 21, 2003
weimedog said:
The best Euro's have done in recent years have been done by a pair of South African's (Albee and Langston) and a Ausi Reed? NO BRITS? :nener:

Gotta love them South African and Australian, Europeans.. :coocoo:

Regarding the 'take out move'.. Nobody intentionally lands on another racer in an effort to take him out. Most often the 'lander' comes off as badly or worse, than the 'landee'.

Seems to me just more like reckless, overzealous behavior on Bubba's part. Probably thought he could jump over RC, as Ricky did to him a few rounds back. :p

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Well if Bubba can anticipate where RC is going to be and aim the trajectory of his bike in such a direction that he will land directly on him than Bubba is a better rider than I had thought.

If he ran RC high into a fence or T-boned him speculations or intent would be warranted, but how do you plan to land on another rider? Especially one that is going as fast as RC was going?

CJG

Nov 24, 2001
The latest "The Great Outdoors" dvd has an interview with Stewart where he talks about hating to be roosted. He mentions being unable to pass another rider once(can't remember who it was) and says that he got so frustrated that he deliberately tried to land on the guy. Fortunately the other guy was able to get out of the way. I didn't see the race today, but that interview was the first thing that came to mind when the announcers were talking about the incident on the webcast. :think:

Shermanator

Sep 1, 2004
I guess most have forgotten about that practice incident where he ran into RC and cut his fingers. He loves to try and intimidate other riders in practice, but he has found the King to be above and beyond anything he tries. I personally am glad he got hurt because when someone catches you from 18 seconds back just what kind of desperate chance do you have of repassing and winning? The good from all this is RC finally collecting his due and fan appreciation while Jmack is being booed. Reed, Windham, and RC all raced each other clean now we have this crap going on.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Maybe if RC hadn't been a pansy and hit the brakes over the drop off, unlike bubba who kept it pinned, he wouldnt have gotten landed on. :moon:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Two words come to mind; " opprobrious conduct " and he will reap what he sows

APBT

Mar 13, 2005
Regardless of whether or not it was intentional, it was still careless and could have ended both of their careers.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I was there and i dont know if it was intentional, but im sure glad that Bubba was off the track for the second moto. I'd much rather see RC and Windham have a good clean race, then to see them land on each other. Bad move on Bubbas part, whether he meant it or not. There was SOO many people there, doing just what i was, booing!! That looked bad for Stewart, Kawasaki, and its just showing aspriring racers that its OK to race dirty. It's great that no one was seriously hurt, but SHAME on you Bubba!! Other than that, this race was AWESOME!!! The 50th anniversry YZFs was lookin good in yellow n black. You can really pick out who knows their stuff, when people are like "whos on the suzuki", when it was Reed or Vullieum. The only part that i didnt like, was the people there just trying to get drunk or stoned or laid, and everytime you went past the mud pit, all these drunk guys were throwing mud tryin to get you to flash them!!!! Definitly going back nest year!!!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
tony91 said:
Before we write-off JBS as a reckless egomaniac, lets at least take a look at the replay. :coocoo:

I think we already had enough evidence before this race.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
pyrofreak said:
The only part that i didnt like, was the people there just trying to get drunk or stoned or laid!!!

sounds like fun to me. :laugh:

Shermanator

Sep 1, 2004
Glitch said:
Maybe if RC hadn't been a pansy and hit the brakes over the drop off, unlike bubba who kept it pinned, he wouldnt have gotten landed on. :moon:

That was the same way RC did that section every lap and the line he took. Maybe if Stewart's body not fallen apart where he was slowing 2 seconds a lap it would never happened. Running down to pick up new rims is not enough exercise to compete with RC.
I do find it amusing how that under powered Kawi runs great for half a moto then loses power. :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
zcookie49 said:
...BTW, to whoever viewed the race today, how did the yellow/black YZs look today?
Those bikes were very cool. It was like Hannah was out there.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
After getting smoked when you've got an 18 second lead, it's time to stop bike blaming.

It's funny how RC wins championships on every brand he rides...Wins on an unfamiliar 2 stroke, wins on an unfamiliar 4 stroke, comes back from a long layoff to have a perfect season on an unfamiliar bike, beats 4 strokes on a bike that "has no low end", green, red, and yellow....

Bubba has reached the bottom of the dumb excuse bin...

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
I personally think everyone has got to give JBS a chance, as said before he is only 19. Now if what he did was intenitional(sp?) then he should be fined heavily,BUT there won't ever be a way to prove if it was or not. I've read a couple times how it was careless, that may be true, but all those guys out there are trying to go as fast as they can to win the race...and there will be times when you get a little off balance or squirrley and make a mistake. Afterall, just because they are the best riders in the world doesn't mean they aren't human and don't make mistakes.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Problem is at the level and with that game, careless mistakes are expensive and people get hurt. No one sponsers or pays to see careless mistakes and when they start becoming a trend there needs to be corrective action. As much for Stewarts career as those he races with. He needs to have an attitude adjustment and I'm a fan. If the interview is true..along with a track record in the past of carnage (I saw him bump Langston two years ago) ...he needs not to be rewarded not just for him, but also those young kids growing in the sport. A guy like Stewart can set a trend/style for years to come.

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah your absolutely right, I didn't mean that the mistakes are ok....but like I said they are only human. Thankfully the mistake that Bubba made (if it was a mistake n not intenitional) didn't end up seriously injuring RC or Bubba.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Vic said:
I think we already had enough evidence before this race.

What evidence? Are you talking about practice at Budd's?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
tony91 said:
What evidence? Are you talking about practice at Budd's?

Okay, more evidence of egomaniacal tendencies than recklessness.

I know, he's just a kid. :blah:

potterjason

Jul 19, 2005
Dicipline Time

What Bubba did may not have been on purpose, but is still inexcusable. What he did is a bunch of rookie crap, something you would see in a amateur moto. If RC would have been knocked out for the rest of the season because of that stupidity there would have been major repercusions from the AMA and the Fans. Stuff like that just is not done in the PRO ranks especially not to one of the future hall of fame riders.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The biggest issue is that Bubba fades. He actually set the fastest lap time. So does he 'fade' (relatively) because no one (and I mean no one) has trained as hard as RC? Or does he fade because of a medical condition? I doubt he's frankly out of shape, because that can be fixed mid-season, unless he refuses to listen to his trainer/team. It seems (I looked at older records) that when the race was tight apriori, he did not fade. That supports the latter, unless he's literally developing arm pump because of nervousness (who wouldn't be afraid of RC coming up on your ass end? ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
nephron said:
(who wouldn't be afraid of RC coming up on your ass end? ;)

I'd be more afraid of Milk.

:)

cavy986

Apr 1, 2005
What would Bob Hannah do?

I see many people bad mouthing Bubba Stewert.I'm glad to see a rider that wants to win instead of just riding around collecting a paycheck.Bob Hannah would knock down anyone in his way to win and not care.Todays racing is a joke when one rider dominates and the rest of the riders are happy with 2nd place!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cavy986 said:
. . . I'm glad to see a rider that wants to win instead of just riding around collecting a paycheck.
Wants to win so bad that when he's not winning he pulls off? Finished how many races so far?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I don't know whether Bubba jumped on Ricky on purpose. Why hasn't anybody asked him? Why hasn't anyone in the sycophantic motorcycle press said, "Bubba, I note that in a previous interview you said that you get frustrated when you're behind someone and can't pass, even to the point of wanting to jump on them. Is that what was going on at Unadilla? This is the hottest topic in motocross right now, and you can't find an interview with Bubba anywhere. It's time for the motocross press to stop acting like lap dogs and to behave like real reporters. Get the story.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…