XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Interesting stuff from RacerX online:
. . . the possibility of either privateer Robbie Reynard or Motoworldracing.com's Damon Huffman may get a shot at riding one of the two factory Suzuki RM250s sitting without riders under the Team SoBe Suzuki tent . . . Both Reynard and Huffman rode for Team Suzuki in years past.

Racer X's Eric Johnson contacted team manager Roger DeCoster while he was boarding an airplane Thursday night for New Orleans. DeCoster said "There's a chance, yes, but a lot has to be sorted out" before one of the two gets called up to the factory team. Stay tuned for more details once we get to New Orleans.
Gotta have somebody in the saddle. May be either guy's last shot. Could also motivate either of them to make things real interesting.:think

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
From a RacerX interview with Damon Huffman:
Eric Johnson: During the past 24 hours, there’s been a lot of talk centering upon either you or Robbie Reynard riding the idle factory 250s of Team Suzuki riders Travis Pastrana and Kevin Windham. Have you been approached about riding one of the bikes?
Damon Huffman: [Long pause] Well, I don’t know what to say. I’ve brought it up with a few people, but have never heard in return. I planned on riding one this weekend, but I have not heard anything. Shoot, my bike is pretty good, too, though. But I know the factory bikes have some pretty trick stuff on them, such as the motors and the shock linkages. Riding one of them would help me out, for sure.

From this weeks RacerHead:
With Pastrana joining Kevin Windham on the sidelines, it looks like Team SoBe Suzuki will bring in at least one replacement rider for the next few races. Late Thursday night, our own Eric Johnson contacted Roger DeCoster on the notion that either Robbie Reynard or Damon Huffman might get called back up to the team. DeCoster, who was just boarding a plane for New Orleans, couldn't say for sure whether it was going to happen, but EJ later learned that team gear with the SoBe logo was being made up for Reynard just in case it worked out for the former factory rider…. This just in, we've learned that SoBe Suzuki will not be hiring a replacement rider for New Orleans.
Guess the SoBe Suzuki bikes will just sit there for window dressing.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider

Its prolly better that way. Always liked Reynard and Huffman, both had a great deal of talent but neither could find the formula for being a winner.
Huffy ruled the 125 class back in the mid-90's. I wonder why he never could transfer that talent to the 250 class?

Reynard is another mystery. He looked like a future champ for a year or two.

spy-yamaha

Feb 24, 2002
I remember when Art Eckmen called Renyard the next Jeremy McGrath about 5 years back. I dunno what happend the kid just lost foccus or something really bad got into his head. He hasnt shown speed on the track in years.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
reynard is injury prone. maybe he's shell-shocked. he sure is fun to watch though.

Top Bottom