That's it. Brown is officially off my "A" list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Far as I know, Jimmy's right. You can win the 125 national championship (outdoors) umpteen times. But you have to "go away" for a while in 125SX if you score more than 100 points 3 years in a row.

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Slow down Nate...

Geez, I am not trying to make up for a lack of anything by liking Brown as a rider. And no, I do not dictate the direction of the sport. But, I am a fan of a more agressive style of riding AT THE PRO LEVEL. (BTW, Brown went 1-1 last weekend) I have nothing against Travis. He is a very excellent rider. I just happen to like Brown's attitude and riding style. I agree Travis probably is the future of our sport to SOME degree but he is not the Messiah for petes sake. I like his gee golly oh boy attitude as well. But MX is an agressive sport with mostly aggressive riders, and I like that. Boy did I tone this down for old Nate. But I do like a difference of opinion on this site. You guys make it worth while to post a thread.;)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
XRP said:
When Mike Brown speaks, I start hearing Waylon Jennings singing the Ballad of the Dukes of Hazzard!

He can talk? I don't believe it. Show me some proof.:think

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
that just looks like two guys who just raced having a good laff. what was really up?

btw, before tallon vohland, who can remember the last american to go euro, then come back and stomp as hard as brownie is doing? i have to respect that...

wp.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Damn, I missed some good stuff. MX is a head game as much as is it skill and fitness. Brown is sending a message, dont get in that guys way or you will get parked. I love it thats old school MX. Its funny that this Brown bashing thread got started by fonzi getting parked at red bud, look at that tape. Brown ran into the back of fonzi twice in a corner before and fonzi still left the door wide open, can you blame Brown for walking through? I cant, I have seen 125 C guys, hell my wife, has more race savvy. That was just a bad line choice on the fonz's part and he paid. As far as the 125 nationals being for the young guys, thats just crap. 125 nationals are the same as the 250's. Some guys just go better on the 125's, remember Johnny O at the MXdN, is he less of a man because he was on a small bike. You know what the class is called for the up and comers ? B class. You turn pro you race with the big boys, dont like it stay in the B class.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Oh all you macho guys! We're not talking football are we? I give up...let's make MX another WWF show. Done, finished, enjoy your broken backs. forget the ability to go fast! We want blood baybeeeeee.... yes..!

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
Yeah, I guess that picture does kind of take the fluff out of things. I like aggressive racing, but the dangerous stuff bothers me. I hear a lot of references to Hannah, and at risk of getting lynched here, I think he was a jackass as well back in the day, no matter what kind of pioneering rider he was. You can't take anything away from Brownie Scout's speed and conditioning, that's for sure.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
i'm certainly not a fan of bashing as a way of racing, but i think everyone who's bashing mike brown should think a little harder about his position.

his competition already has it made...at a much younger age. pastrana and langston are already full factory riders, and fonzie might as well be, along with wey and ramsey. while brown's ride with pro circuit appears on the surface to be equal to that enjoyed by the yamaha of troy riders, i would bet that they all make a bigger pile of money than he does. they also have more potential years of doing so ahead of them than he does.

as i suggested last night, american riders historically do NOT go to europe, then come back and get a factory ride. by some accounts, brown is an old man, and this is really his last shot at the factory ride that he's been dreaming about since he was riding 80's. i see it as him putting all his heart and effort into it, and while i don't want to see him do it dirty, i gotta say...i'm rooting for him to go all the way. pastrana already has a championship and so does langston - and they will both have more. i just like to see a guy successfully bucking the odds.

wp.

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
I'm a macho macho man, i want to be a macho man. Hey guys sorry to busrt your bubble but MX is one of the most dangerous sports out there it makes football look like hop scotch. Part of racing is trying to take the other guys line to slow him down or get around, thats all Brown did, if he did'nt make that move he would'nt have been doing his job. TP did the same thing to Ward in the first moto but Ward was smart and saw it coming and did somthing to avoid contact. I cant say the same about Fonzi he looked like a deer caught in the head lights.

Hey Natester have you ever meet Hannah? I was luck to get to take a riding school with Hannah as the teacher, the guy is not a jackass. Maybe you don't like him for what ever reason, your not alone, but dont hide behind your keyboard and take a pot shot at one of the greats in the sport, it makes me wonder who the jackass is.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by will pattison
btw, before tallon vohland, who can remember the last american to go euro, then come back and stomp as hard as brownie is doing?
Donny Schmidt, for one race at Millville.

I hope he's up there at the great MX track in the sky. :)

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
MXBabe, if telling like I see it about Hannah (IMHO of course) means I'm hiding behind my keyboard, I guess we're all a bunch of wimpering little school girls, eh?:p I never said Brittle Bob wasn't one of fastest or greatest.:confused:

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Nate stands alone

Hey Nate, speak for yourself about that whimpering behind a keyboard. And about that schoolgirl stuff, Nate stands alone.:p

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I guess the "A" man is the "Macho Man" after this weekend at Troy, a 1/1 result sure looks good, the point difference in the 125 class is really close now, TP leads Langston by 18, Brown is 17 behind Langston.

There is going to be one big finale to this season. :p

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
Actually, it's 18 back to Langston, and only 21 back to Brown! That means if Brown were able to win all 8 remaining motos, he would be champion, same for Langston, since the winner picks up 3 pts per moto on 2nd place. Sounds like a barnburner to me. BTW, moto1313, you sure you're not trying to compensate there, you seem a little insecure about stuff like that.;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I need to put my reading glasses on :cool: 125 Point Standing:
1. Travis Pastrana - 298
2. Grant Langston - 280
3. Mike Brown - 277
4. Larry Ward - 226
5. Ernesto Fonseca - 207
6. Brock Sellards - 204
7. Branden Jesseman - 146
8. Damon Huffman - 145
9. Nate Ramsey - 143
10. Kelly Smith - 141

The way Brown is riding, I think he is the man to watch ..... I guess he is still on the "A" list then ?

:think

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Sorry nate but calling Bob a jackass while behind your keyboard makes you a nancy. Exchanging ideas and opinions about racing with out taking cheap shots at some one does not make you a school girl. Just my opinion of course;) .
I'm sorry if I have caused some confusion by posting under mxbabe, but i never see that i'm on under her name untill i post, what can i say i'm not the sharpest crayon in the box. I have watched the move a few times on tape and Brown did what he gets paid to do, get to front of the pack. Fonzi saw it coming and did nothing to save him self from getting parked. Was it a aggressive move? yes. Dirty? no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom