That's it. Brown is officially off my "A" list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I was at Washugal and I have to say Brown was hauling. Nobody could touch him. Langston was a strong second and appeared to be content with taking 2nd place points. (he was putting through the S turn) Probably a smart plan since he has a couple weeks to rest and heal some more.

Now back to brown, He is way faster than Pastrami and should be on the Des' Nations team. TP is quickly becoming "Damaged" goods. And while he is a well rounded Moto guy who could probably excel on anything with 2 wheels he is not the Savior of our sport (we dont need one anyway) and he is not as fast as Dicky Cartright (the Troll as XRP lovingly refers to him) It makes way more since to have Brown on the team than it does TP.

As for Browns Agressivness (for lack of another word) I dont have any problems with it. But I dont want to hear a Troll/MC type whining rant after someone returns the favor. If he can take it as good as he gives it more power to him.

Lastly I would rather hear Brown talking about how purty his cousin is and how the have to haul water to the house from the creek, than to hear TP talking about his first trip to an R rated movie and how much Bubble gum he is gonna buy with his winnings.....

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
380EXCman, do you actually ride a dirtbike? or do you just sit behind your computer thinking of nasty things to say about the guy's with #1 on their number plate? We all know you favor McGrath any way:p

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
The only guy with a # 1 plate ( err had a # 1 plate) that I cant stand is MC. RC is starting to climb a little farther up my list with his whining.

And as for Pastrami I have nothing against him. My 5 year olkd daughters room looks like a tribute to the kid with TP stuff every where. I just think there is a better 125 rider out there for a position on the Des'Nations team. Or maybe there isnt. I doubt anyone would try to win harder than Pastrana.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by 380EXCman
. . . Dicky Cartright (the Troll as XRP lovingly refers to him)
Not Troll, the Leprechaun. Haven't you seen his picture on the boxes of Lucky Charms?:p

And as far as the MXDN--I think the AMA needs to wait a little longer before they make the decision on the team.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Doh.....Leprechan is even better.....That whole red green thing.... :confused:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Husaman, I got to comment on this one. MC & Travis Pastrana have done more for motocross, and its' notoriety than all the other MX riders combined. And yes, the speed of communication we have today has aided this process.

I saw a Motoworld segment a couple of weeks back that asked the question to the viewer, 'What is you favorite motorcycle movie of all times?' The #1 answer - On any Sunday (45%)?), #2 Motocrossed (38%)?). MOTOCROSSED, the Disney movie, that has been out, what, 4 months, was the number 2 favorite, and not that far off from 1!!!! Kids sell motorcycles, and motorcycle racing to kids. Jeremy and Travis have done a real good job of it.

Now back to the topic: I sure hope Brown doesn't get the title, come on Langston (if Pastrana is done).

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I too am rooting for Grant. It started out as KTM thing but now its his toughness... I wouldnt mind seeing Travis pull it out either. No matter how it ends its gonna be a great finish. I see this thing going down to the last lap of the last moto.

Is "Time to Ride" considered a movie? It would get my vote. Im cant wait for part II. (due out Thanksgiving)

Notoriety: as much as I hate to say it Seth Enslow and Carey (Backflip,Ford Ranger sellling) Hart have done alot themselves.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's becoming obvious that Mr. 380's list of dislikes is anyone that wins a lot, LOL.

Boit

Sponsoring Member
Sep 5, 2000
Yeah. . . plus, 380 likes to rewrite people's names in a thinly disguised attempt at a snippet. Talk about a whiner calling the kettle black.

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Langston?

C'mon guys, play nice. Why would you root for Langston? He's a fourener and diiferemt from us. Oh Yeah, he rides a funny named bike too! Go Brown!!!!:D

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
:cool:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Re: Langston?

Originally posted by moto1313
C'mon guys, play nice. Why would you root for Langston? He's a fourener and diiferemt from us. Oh Yeah, he rides a funny named bike too! Go Brown!!!!:D

Why, because I doubt he is dating his cousin! :p

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Brown couldn't hang with Langston abroad and he can't here. Let's have someone give Brown a third degree separation and see if he's still in first. Oh and watch for Langston to move up to the 250's while Brown is tackling the 125's with James Stewart. HAHa that would be FUuuuuny.

Last edited:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Yea Brown should be embarrassed. He is maybe the third fastest 125 rider in the world, what a slug.

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
Payback at Troy

After watching the Troy race, did you guys get a good laugh after Brown won the second moto and tried to high 5 the Fonz? Fonz thought Brown was gonna deck him because of the block pass attempt that failed. I thought it was cool that Brown just wanted to say "hey man great race". The guy evidently lives for this type of aggressive of racing. When Fonz tried the block pass, Brown just pinned it and held on while running into the track banners. It was great to watch.

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Yeah Right!

Oh yeah, Brown should be embarrassed for being in the points lead after not getting ANY points for several races and stepping it up and dusting everyone. What do you people have against a guy who is great to watch? He went to Europe last year, lived in a strange land, ate weird food, raced on tracks he had never seen and still had 5 O/A wins on the GP circuit. Don't even try to equate that with Eur'os coming over here either. America is WAY easier to acclamate to the Europe. One language, all the factory support, normal food, easy to get to the races, much freindlier atmosphere. BTW, there is NO way that Langston has a 3rd degree separation. This is a head game to make it seem like Langston is superman or something. A 3rd degree separation is torn ligaments-the bone wouldn't stay in place in other words. Surgery is almost certain for this type injury-I have had it-twice. Brown is about as tough as they come and I think he can handle Langston. As far as Brown being a slug-yeah, great analysis. Fonzie tried to block Brown at Troy, but Brownie just railed the fence and pinned it-you can't block what you can't catch. :think

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Brown vs. Fonzy

I don't care about either 1 of these guys, however I like a good fight. After what I seen a Kenworthy's when Fonzey had the chance to Put Brown in the burm, HE DIDN'T! I was suspicious of this before now I'm convinced.

Fonzy is simply scared that Brown WILL KICK HIS ass AFTER THE RACE.

This is Sad, I'd take a good ass beaten anyday if I could have a 125 national moto win.

riding 1 of Gibson's 98 kx250 and having fun.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
I have a feeling that brown isn't the kind of person that would kick Fonz's butt. I think he would congratulate him on a good race, just as he did at Troy. This is just my gut feeling but I think Brown wants it more than anyone else, but I have a feeling he can also take what he dishes out. Of course I could be way off base here.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Rat and moto you've missed the point as usual. Nobody is saying the Brown was a slug. At least I didn't. Yes he's fast. As fast and any veteran 125 lifer. What is the topic here, which you both have repeatedly have gone off of, is his racing tactic. There is nothing wrong with being an aggressive rider. What is wrong is taking anybody out just because you wish to occupy the same space as he. Or in the case of Red Bud, going way out of the line to take someone out. If Fonz were doing it to him, I'd expect payback. However, both of you need to get the circling stars of Browny off your head long enough to actually see what happens. I know that if you were the one, being t-boned three times in a role, you'd have something to say about it. Then again maybe not, because it would be like, "Browny took me out and over the cliff I went, COOL!" " Can I have him sign my cast please?" Don't get me wrong, I like the fastness of Brown too, but I'm not going to sell my morals just to be his number 1 fan.

Oledrew: that was funny to see Fonz jump off his bike to avoid the hit.

Last edited:

moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Yarbo-you gotta pull your head....

Well, I did not miss the point. Superat said Brown was a slug and you said that Langston stomps Brown. Both are absolutely inaccurate statements-PERIOD. Brown has beaten Langston repeatedly for several weeks now and he beat him last year as well. He did not win the GP title obviously, but he did have 5 OA wins last year and all were 1/1's from my understanding. Don't even begin to hand me the shoulder crap about Langston-he MAYBE has a minor injury here. There is NOOOO WAAAAYYYY he has any major problem. Third degree separations are serious-he doesn't have one. Yeah this has gotten off topic a bit, but most long threads like this usually do. You respond to the latest opinion. And as far as it being cool to let Brown take me out to have him saign my cast BS and selling my morals to be a fan-yeah-that's a jackass statement-you're a real thinker yarbo. :p

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
You don't know squat about me. You don't like the thread? Stay out of it. Want to go a round, email me. Browns is fast, Langston does have a major seperation which requires major taping and shot for the pain, Call me a jackass? Does 1313 mean 13 years old or what? For an accountant you seem to really forget to check the numbers before posting them.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Yarbon, I can tell you are not a mx racer. If you leave the door open some one is going to walk through, thats it. Fonz was begging Brown to park him at Red Bud, he could not have went any wider. I have said this over and over but Fonzi could have let off the gas and saved himself but he did'nt. I love how you take pot shots at the 125 class, who is Jimmie Stewart?
Moto1313, I'm a Brown fan. I'll always cheer for guys who fight to get to the front. I was being sarcastic. I dont think that Langston is lieing about his injury, I just think he is an animal.

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
I assume your talking about kenworthys?

Yarbon, Its like if we race at any level and you continue to over cut my slower line (insider burm with the advantage) When it is my turn then I'll deliver the same. Anyhow , wasting time with this now.

Thanks for your reply

98'kx250
:cool:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Rat, so let me get this straight being I have my head up my forth point of contact, and can swap flies with a wip of a tail. If you're on a track, and a corner comes up, you or me - a lapper, take the W_i_d_e way around the corner, you have every intention and right to t-bone me off the bike? Maybe we should go riding. Colorado isn't that far. This has been beatin to death and maybe I was a little harsh on the accountant. Brown is fast, Brown is a schmuck, he will get his, end of story. God I hope he goes to 250's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom