The Best News Of My Life!!!!!!!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
The past couple of weeks have been very trying for me. I had a mole on my back that exploded and began to grow rapidly over the last couple of weeks. My friends convinced me to stop ignoring it (it was not going to heal) and go to the Doctor. I went to the Carolina's Dermatology Group at the recommendation of HLG, this past Saturday. The Doctor took a look and I could feel the air just "leave" the room. He told me that I had a tumor (just smaller than a ping pong ball) on my back that appeared to be melanoma, and asked if I minded that he had another Doctor look at it. While he went to get the other Doctor, the nurses and assistants all came in for a "look" at the "big" tumor. Dr. Quan returned with the other Doctor and they told me that it needed to be removed right away. We set up a time for Monday morning. I spent the weekend in a daze. Since Cancer runs rampant through both sides of my family I was expecting the worst.

On Monday Dr. Quan removed the tumor to send it off for a Biopsy. After getting a better look at it, he changed his initial diagnosis from 80/20 (against me) to a 50/50 chance that it was something other than melanoma.

I got the results yesterday ... it was BENIGN! I was even told by him that it was " A NO BIG DEAL " kind of tumor and that he will make sure that he had completely removed it all, when I go back for the follow up visit this coming Monday.

I am very fortunate to be surrounded by such a great bunch of friends, that would not allow my ignorance and fear/denial to continue.

I would like to say a big thanks to Angie, Brian, Ivan, Gomer (Mike), Lori, Clinton and Beth. If it were not for you guy's ... who knows what the future would have held for me ... if I had a future at all.

So, everyone heed my warning ... If there is anything even slightly out of the ordinary wrong with you ... do not hesitate to get it checked out. You never know what it could be and if you don't get it looked at .. YOU NEVER WILL.

Do not use the " I have no insurance " as an excuse ... I don't have any either ... and I was able to get it done.

God it is GREAT TO BE ALIVE in such a TERRIBLE WORLD!! :)

wrench

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
Whew!

That's great Wrench! That kind of scare makes other problems pale in comparison.

I think I'll go in for a checkup.:eek:

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
Wow. Glad to hear everything is alright. Cancer is nothing I would wish on anyone. I've seen way to much of it between friends and family and I'm relieved that you'll be OK.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Great new Wrench! Looks like things are on an upswing, it will only keep getting mo' betta' from now on bro' :)

oldguy

Always Broken
Wrench indeed that is great news:) . Cant imagine living with that worry hanging over it had to be nerve racking. Now heal up and get up to DW01. You have that fancy new scar to showoff-just gotta come up with the right story behind it

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Wow! Scary stuff, Wrench, but I'm glad everything came out okay. :)

TADDAA' (singing)

Great news Wrench, glad one of them furreign docs could help out.;) That makes two semi-orientals who have been able to help you. The doc and the little cutting thing and me spotting that spec of mud on your front fender last week. :confused:

Congrats, its great to hear.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
Thanks everyone.

Oh yeah, Thanks Johnny ( I forgot him in the original post) you 1/2 oriental philosopher!:confused:

wrench

Danman

Lifetime Sponsor
Sorry to hear about the cancer :( , but glad that it was not to bad and that you are O.K. :) My dad had a similar experience, but I forget what he call the type of cancer and the Doc said that "If god let you pick the type of cancer that you get that would be the one to choose". He is o.k., but has already had several spots removed. I'm sure that you will keep a watch out for any others and have them removed prompty, Right!!!!

Gary B.

Subscriber
I've heard enough bad news recently. Wrench, I'm very happy for you and your news has made my day!:)

Vic

***** freak.
VERY glad for you that all is cool. :cool:

What wonderful news!! These events in our lives surely put things in perspective don't they? Will you be able to come to Dirtweek? Sending a really big hug for you.

Joy

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Great news Wrench! Glad everything turned out ok! I had a cancer scare about two years ago myself. When they even say the C-word, it immediately changes your whole outlook on life! Again, glad to hear the good news.