wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Shes a beauty Clark. Check out the rear piggyback upside -down shocks. Or are those buddy footpegs. Maybe we can ride double. It will look like something from dumb and dumber. Ill bet that seats more comfortable than mine.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Now THAT is one gorgeous piece of iron! :cool:

Good luck getting that old girl to pass sound check with that hi-perf exhaust.

D3luxe

Aug 11, 2007
Fred T said:
Some of the riding will be on ORV and some of it will be on trails tighter than ORV. Handguards are required. If you attempt it I suggest you bring a buddy to ride with so you can help each other.
FT

I looked at some pics from last year's ride and I figured I should get handguards anyway =P. I'll need em eventually regardless.

And yeah, I'm gonna check with a buddy of mine to see if he wants to take the drive up and go riding..He's been riding for a couple years I believe.

I have a '97 RM125, he has a '01 DR-Z250

Hopefull we can make it up =)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
V man gets the HOLESHOT - first one to register!!! I know that Chance in part of the family, but you did not need to pay for his attendance. I am sure that Clancy Thompson will be happy to know that he will be at the clubgrounds.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I received notice that the permit was approved!! I need to check out a couple of things this weekend, but if you enjoyed the Jack Pine and Pine Cone this year, you will enjoy the route at Trailfest. The gas truck will be located at the historical Stratford Village - tours may be available.
Our group leader program has not worked too well in the past. So we may provide maps of the alternative routes and put up some arrows to guide the riders.

"Riding with Brian" stickers will be availabe - if you have not heard the Brian Southworth story, check out briansouthworth.com. He may be headed home from Mary Free Bed hospital later today. I hope that after the expenses of Trailfest are paid that we are able to make a donation to Brian's recovery fund.

D3luxe

Aug 11, 2007
My buddy is unable to go, he'll be missing a lot of fun..

However, I talked to my uncle today and he is interested in Trailfest, so I'll possibly be coming up with him for the ride.

Some of his friends are also interested, but they ride 4-wheelers..Is the trail wide enough (or can they slip through trees in the tight sections) to go on the ride? Or is it strictly dirt bike?

When I find out a definate answer on if I am going to ride or not, I might be sending in my registration money =P

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
D3luxe said:
Some of his friends are also interested, but they ride 4-wheelers..Is the trail wide enough (or can they slip through trees in the tight sections) to go on the ride? Or is it strictly dirt bike?
Sorry...the trails are too tight for a quad. This event is strictly for dirt bikes.

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Mike, since RG will be living a few blocks from Casa V-man, I'm sure we can give him a lift to Trailfest. Any comments Ian?

Well, I'd definitely love to tag along, and I know my parents are going to be having a whole bunch of fun anyways, until mile 20 :whoa: . I have classes starting tomorrow, but I have a whole bunch of free time, so maybe I'll say "hi" some time this week, when's a good time??

V-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 13, 2000
RedGreen said:
Well, I'd definitely love to tag along, and I know my parents are going to be having a whole bunch of fun anyways, until mile 20 :whoa: . I have classes starting tomorrow, but I have a whole bunch of free time, so maybe I'll say "hi" some time this week, when's a good time??
Tuesdays are road bikes, Wednesdays are cross bikes, Thursdays are mountain bikes at a local trail. Are you up for a local trail ride? Or how about the local Mexican restaurant Friday?

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
I'd love to get on a bike again, but I don't have my bike with me, yet. I do, however have my shoes, pedals, helmet, and camelback, so if I can "find" a bike to ride, I would definitely love to ride with you guys. How long do you usually ride on thursdays?? The longest I've ever ridden was 24 miles, but that was awhile ago, so I will probably want to take it easy until I can get my endurance back up again.

V-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 13, 2000
I've got you covered on the bike. We usually ride 15-20 miles, but they are very easy trails. Just fun single and 2 track. We leave the bike shop@ 6. Or I can pick you up at your dorm b4, your choice.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
RedGreen said:
I have classes starting tomorrow, but I have a whole bunch of free time

:think:

F&S said:
I thought you had to study...

:nod:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If anyone is considering pre entry to this event, I will be at the Tree Topper enduro this weekend and Upland in a couple of weeks. $15 per rider, $10 for overnight camping - max - $50 per family.
We may have a GPS map of the trail ride available at sign up. We will supply a couple of arrows at the corners and a gas truck.

BuckNaked

Oct 10, 2007
This sounds like a blast! I would like to attend but due to the nature of my job I can not commit. I would still like to pre-register in case I can make it (camp as well)

Is there a pay pal link? What time can we show up on Friday?

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I will be making it this year for once, myself and 2 others.

Will there be any sort of break up for less experienced riders? My friend is a newbie still and just curious how the groups may split.

Is there an address we can ask for again.

Top Bottom