Trying to find someone who was going to sell me a KTM gas tank

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
It's a long shot but here we go...

Quite a while ago I had sent an email to someone who had a stock tank for sale that I believe was from a 04 KTM 200? All I really recall is that it would fit my 2004 125sx and give me an extra gallons capacity. If you are still out there and still have the tank please let me know as I'm ready to send the $ this time...no joke.

Otherwise, if someone has a tank that has a larger capacity than my 04 125sx that they know bolts right up please let me know. I'd like to try to get one here in the next week- week and a half.

Thanks in advance!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
What's the problem Cori?

You do not want to borrow gas from me on Wolverine anymore!!!!!! Did I give you bad gas or something.

Just teasing.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
LOL...just trying to avoid that because I'm hoping you'll be able to ride the entire way and NEED all of your gas too! The clutch cable on that new bike better not give out. Besides, Jonathan isn't coming so you'd be stuck by yourself at the camping area if you had to go back. No fun! I'm also trying to avoid having to ride with a platypus bladder full of gas in the storage area of my camelback. It adds weight and a strange paranoia about falling on it and something bad happening!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I have a stock OEM orange tank off EXC/XCW that will fit 04' - 07' KTM 2st thats in excellent condition F/S. Also have a polished gas cap that will fit the tank as well.

DW
hrlyfatboy00@aol.com

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Watch out Cori, from what Don Marsh and Fred T have been saying about DW, chances are the Polished Cap he's got on his tank is Anodized Pink!!! Hey DW, are you guys gonna School a couple of Canadian Rednecks again this summer??? Sorry to Hijack?!

Jamie

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
89TRX350RX said:
Watch out Cori, from what Don Marsh and Fred T have been saying about DW, chances are the Polished Cap he's got on his tank is Anodized Pink!!! Hey DW, are you guys gonna School a couple of Canadian Rednecks again this summer??? Sorry to Hijack?!

Jamie

Seeing as I am of the female persuasion I don't think that would cause any heads to turn lol...but thanks for the heads up haha.

Does any one know if all the OEM 2 stroke tanks from 04-07 fit one another? I know many of the 200/300 exc tanks will fit, and KTM hard parts lists a 13 liter tank that fits all 00-06 sx/xc/exc models without mention of engine size. However I found someone selling a stock 2.9 gallon tank from a 2004 450exc. Can anyone give me a positive YES it will fit and function OK (getting to the spark plug and all that jazz), or NO IT WILL NOT?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
The EXC450 is a 4 stroke. All 4 stroke tanks will not fit a 2 stroke frame. 04-07 regardless 125/200/250/300 2st will all fit one another.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
If you get a tank with the newer 1/4 turn cap make sure you ask the seller if it leaks at the cap because this was a common problem with the 1/4 turn tanks. The old style screw on cap (same as yours) is a safer bet, but those will be harder to find.

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
I know it's a nice new tank...no disrespect to Wolverine, but right now (graduating from college in a week) price is kind of playing a factor.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Cori,
You can always, borrow gas form our two tankers and use your platypus as last year. We are still using Klotz R50 mixed 50 to 1 same as last year.

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
iroc8210 said:
LOL...just trying to avoid that because I'm hoping you'll be able to ride the entire way and NEED all of your gas too! The clutch cable on that new bike better not give out. Besides, Jonathan isn't coming so you'd be stuck by yourself at the camping area if you had to go back. No fun! I'm also trying to avoid having to ride with a platypus bladder full of gas in the storage area of my camelback. It adds weight and a strange paranoia about falling on it and something bad happening!

Low blow Cori!

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
WomanRider said:
Cori,
You can always, borrow gas form our two tankers and use your platypus as last year. We are still using Klotz R50 mixed 50 to 1 same as last year.

Thanks LouAnn...I'm glad to know I have that as a last resort! I could really kick myself for not jumping on it last year when the original seller had one. Unfortunately money is always tight at the end of the semester with having so much in materials to buy, and printing costs for my finals projects. Where's my Econ Stimulus Check? :yell: :rotfl:

P.S. It wasn't meant as a low blow...we tried this ride last year and had both a guy and a gal have to head back to the trail head for mechanical issues, and the rest of the ride got cut a little short after I decided to do some acrobatics down a hill and was literally seeing stars so I'm hoping everyone will be good to go this time!

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
I hate to burst your bubble but you're not the only a-hole out there! :laugh:

(just kidding! Love ya! May need to leave a gas tank and my trailer at your house!)

Top Bottom