Update: Texas/Southwest Spodefest

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Alright, this is going to be a blast. I'll have to talk to my boss about coming down on Friday, but I doubt it's going to happen.

So use your good judgement if the team going out is out of your league, start another rider group

Sounds good to me Yarbo.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I'm counting on you TEX. I want to see what yo've done to the mule. Think you can get Mark to come along?

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
I don't think I've ever seen Mark turn down a ride, so he'll probably come. I've also got a friend that rides a 250 mule that will probably come. I've got him talked into riding the enduro at Breezy Hill.

I may be riding a pumpkin come November. Mark's got an '02 200EXC ordered and I most likely will buy his '01 300 MXC. He's wanting a lighter bike for the long course enduros. The 300 get's a little hard to hold on to at about the 70 mile mark. The mule will be put out to pasture for trail rides and bad weather enduros only. I've just about worn the mule out in one and half years of riding it. It's getting really short of breath. His 300 rocks plus it weighs 50 lbs less than the mule.:cool:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
So Tex,
Are you and you're mule gunna make it er not? And Slo Mo, will you still be there?

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Stan,

I'm waiting on an email from XR's Only. If they say they can turn my stuff around in time I'll be there early on Saturday but not Sunday. I'll be tearing my bike down Sunday so I can ship it out Monday.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
YUP!

Stan,
got my vacation days changed so it looks like I will be there with No_Mo in tow, so slo' mo won't be solo. But here is the uh-oh. I blew a fork seal at Shady grove last week cuz I really sucked coming out of a berm and plowed into the face of a double. I got the boingers off and bought the parts but will need some time and most likely assistance on changing the seals. Time I got, seal driver I need. :(

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Mo, I highly recommend just letting somebody do them unless you really know what you're doing. In my personal experience, it's faster to let a shop fix it. I had leaky seals and Forest Lane Yamaha did a good job on mine. Just my opinion though.

BTW, it's good to hear that slo' mo won't be solo. I thought no Mo had a kid's campo or something (sorry campo was as good as I could come up with) :silly:

Last edited:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Mo Mo... I'm assuming No Mo is your son? What will you two be eating my dust on:p

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Any idea where nearest motel [name if known] and how far to gate at riding area? Also what are fees at Red River? Thanks for any help.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
motels

Gainsville is probably your best bet ( about an 30 minutes from the trail head) and they charge 8 bucks a day.......

Oh ya Have Fun riding "bills woods" .......we found it last weekend....eheheheh FINALLY SOME SINGLE TRACK !!!! watch out for those BRUTAL RUTS !!!! Bad knees and low hanging front forks not advised:p

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
The A-OK in Muenster is plenty fine. I mean it's only for one night, and it'll be a little closer. Of course, the better places to eat are in Gainesville....

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
MO MO????

Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
Mo Mo... I'm assuming No Mo is your son? What will you two be eating my dust on:p

Stan, you been siphoning race gas again??? The fumes are eating your brain cells. Just for thelast remark, I'm gonna bring my QUAD and run you down, then steal your samich!:scream:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Brain Cells????

What brain cells???

Originally posted by slo' mo

Stan, just for the last remark, I'm gonna bring my QUAD and run you down, then steal your samich!:scream:

What's wrong, Mo...Did you get your panties in a bunch??? Run me down? We'll se who runs who down:p By the way, get your own samich :scream: :eek:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Man I wish I could go and put some faces to names. Unfortunately I'll be driving past their on my way to St. Louis to do the family thing followed by a trade show in Chicago. Bummer -- Muenster is way cool and riding it with DRN'ers would be even better.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Stan, Stan, the samich man!

OK Stan. You may be able to run from a fat guy in the woods, but I'm going to bring my daughter on this trip. When she starts batting her eyelashes at you :p I'll be able to zero in the rattletrap. If you're impervious to girls, well, not sure I want to be in the woods with you anyway, but I'll swap you bikes and still run you down and slap your samich outta you hand!:confused:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey Stan, I can try and get in the way of Ole Mo for ya. :p

Mo, do you really want your daughter batting her eyelashes at a guy like Stan? ;)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Uhh, this may sound like a kind of odd question, but does anybody have any old boots they'd be willing to let me borrow? There's a possibility I might not have mine by Saturday, and riding in hiking boots isn't exciting me very much. I had to send mine off to Alpinestars to get re-soled, and they haven't returned yet. The lady said before that they had just been shipped, and that was like 3 weeks ago. I just realized today that I didn't have any boots. I plan on hasseling them as much as it takes to get my boots back asap. Basically, I'll just have to see how bad they plan on keeping this customer. So if anybody has an old pair (like size 9-11) that I could use if they don't come back, it would be greatly appreciated.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Alsmost here. Hmmmm, I think Friday night will be steak night, and Saturday and Sunday.:cool:

Incidently Stan or whoever is going to setup their camp Friday night, have you gotten the combo yet? I need it. I've left a message to them but so far no re-turn call. Last weeks rains should make excellent riding time.

TexXR: You goin' right? TexKDX? Woodsguy2000? Come on if you're Texan you have to be there. Don't you get tired of Sam Houston Rob?

Last edited:

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Everything looks good for early Saturday morning. I should be there by 7:00 AM. We'll probably need to get our riding in by noon. Forecast is for it to reach 100.....or higher.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
YZguy,
I'd let you borrow one pair of my old boots(heck, I might even let you have them, but for that last comment, I might just keep them to myself:confused: j/k...I've got some old boots that you could borrow, but would have to check with my dad first. So Yarbo, steak for dinner, eh:) I haven't called to get the combo yet(I've been out of town the last week), but will call and make reservations soon. Do they make you pay for Friday if you get there too late to ride?? And Mo, I've said it once, and I'll say it again, You can't have my samich!!!! Unless, of course, you really do bring...ah,just forget it:scream:

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Definitely want to come, but work on Sat. and it looks like a long 1 day trip. Havn't ruled it out yet for Sunday. If I can get a co-driver to come along would help. He hasn't replied yet, so we'll see.

Top Bottom