RECENT POSTS

Update: Texas/Southwest Spodefest

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
Thought I'd put all of the current info. into one compacted thread.(I also thought more people would look at this one because it says "Texas"). We will be having a Spodefest from Friday, July 6th until Sunday, July 8th. I don't really expect anyone to show up on Friday, I'll only be there Friday night myself to set up camp. The location is Muenster. If you don't know how to get there, go to www.goplayinthedirt.com for directions. My dad and I will be camped in a pop-up, and will need electric hookups for the A/C. It would be neat for everyone to park there(turn right at the gate, and go all the way down the road until it ends in the creek near the old bridge.) so we can all camp together.:) I'll be there in a white 99 F-250 Powerstroke with a DRN sticker, and a Ford-Deisel.com sticker in the rear window, pulling a small Coleman pop-up camper. I have a 98 CR80E, with a DRN sticker on the rear fender(no fender stickers yet:( ) and my dad has a 96 XR600, both bikes are stock, except for FX graphics, and Renthal bars on my bike. I will bring a sign-up sheet, so you can sign you're name when you get there. If We're all on a ride when you arrive, don't be afraid to stop us on the trail, and tag along:) If you're planning on being there, post what you will be driving, and riding. The current list of attendees are:

Stan
XRGuy (Stan's boss)
Yarbonwick – and possibly three friends
TaRaker
JDRobins
Will Pattison
Jeff D
Slo' Mo
YZguy15
Yzguy15’s Daddy-oh
Twinspar... If he gets a new thumper(for reasons beyond me)
TexXr – and his mule
Blackhawk468 – and the mystery bike
CC_RIDER
KTMKyd (CC-Rider’s son)
Anyone else?

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
I might not be there. It depends on my bike situation. I have 26 days to sell the trusty CR250R and find a new thumper. Yup... It looks like the dark side has won me over. :eek:

I have to find my new birthday present and sell the old one by the 13th. :)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
What happened to the AF?

We'll be there in a white S-10 or a white Suburban pullin a trailer with 2 YZ 250's one 97 and a 01. BTW, no mo is a no go.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
Twinnie,
Your'e dumping you're CR?:( Why would you do such a silly thing like that? Will you change your name? No AF? No show to Muenster?It's all too much for me:eek: :think

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
The AF in my court never was a reality. It was an intentional lie. Long story.... :)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
A long story, eh. We've all got long stories. You think my name is Stan, or Flemmings? Guess again:eek: We've got time:p

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Well... my name is Twin Spar. Mr Spar to you bucko! ;)

It such a long story that you would be up well past your bedtime. :p

Pokie

Administrator
Hey Stan....
whatever happened to the pictures you took during the SX at Texas Stadium a few months ago?

Good luck withthe spodefest!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
Pokie,
Thanks, and, well...the pictures? I accidently deleted them. It was a digital camera, and I ran out of space for pictures, so I was going to delete the last couple of pics, and I accidentally deleted them all:( I'm still kicking myself for that.:silly:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Muenster

It looks like I might be there Friday night as well. I'll be pulling a pop-up also so if you get there before I do, save me an electrical outlet. I usually try to get in the cubby hole around the old shower building. We made an extension cord to to the shower building, there's an outlet on it. Still trying to finalize the plans but trying to convince Rick Hacic to come along and maybe he can convince Brian Storrie to pop up. If you don't know who they are, Rick is currently #8 in the TCCRA over 30 expert class and Brian, who doesn't need an introduction is currently #5 in the Pro class. Maybe I can ride me a GasGas. :cool:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
Cool Yarbonwick!:)
I know what cubbyhole you mean. I'll try to save it for you(but ther probably won't be many people ther on Friday anyway).:)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
So Yarbo, you gonna bring anymore guys with ya? I kinda know Brian. My dad rode with him and Josh Whitaker (I dunno if you know who that is) when they were teens.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Maybe.

I've also set this up on the DRN Calendar. I've emailed Pat burroughs, Tripp Glen and Pat Hall also.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
So is this another one of those uncontrolled free for all events where everyone runs off in every which direction or are we contemplating some sort of group ride where we could potently all be going in the same direction?:eek: