bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
originally posted by sean anyone care to give me some extra weight?

sure, take mine...

5'7 1/2" 128.7lbs, ?% body fat

how DO you figure body fat? is there a hight-to-weight ratio or sumpin?

oh yeah i can bench 145... not much but at least its more than my weight, i know a person who weighs 140 and benches 190 :eek:

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Way late in the game, and I know that starting around the holidays will be super hard, but I've got to try something,

I will be 30 next month! I'm 5'7" and 220. Last I checked (about a yr ago 19%). I worked out last week and I'm pretty sore. I thinking of going to six small meals a day. A bunch of my coworkers did the "Body for life" program. A few were already in decent shape and have lost inches off there waist (they say the feel much better) and 2 have lost over 40 pounds. I have the book I have just have not started on it yet. It combines six meals a day plus 30 minute works out. One day a week you get to eat what ever you want.

I travel alot so working out with weights will suck (every time you get on a good program you have to sleep in a motel and eat out 3 meals a day). I can't jog very well. May calves and shins bother me after a few days. Any suggestions? I will traveling possibly 3 or 4 weeks till the end of the year. Since I've had this job I have gained an average of 5#s a year :whiner:

I need some encouragement from all you that have lost weight so any updates would be great.

Last edited:

al_piv

Jul 26, 2002
I'm in 35 - 6'1" - 215 (BF --Unknown guess 25--30%)
Figured I would share your idea with ThumperTalk.com on the XR forum.. We will see how it goes.. Thanks for posting your idea.. Look forward to seeing how things go... I know my fat A**/ needs to get back into shape-- the only way to discripe my shape right now is "Blobbish"
:)

speedrcr

Apr 17, 2000
Ok, I'm in. I need to get in better shape for the upcoming hare scramble season. I was going to a gym last spring/summer, but some separated ribs kept me off my bike & out of the gym for two months last season. That's what I get for playing in a church-sponsored softball league! Anyway, I'm 6' tall and 185 lbs. I have no idea about my body fat percentage. My goal is to be about 170-175, better endurance, and lean-n-mean. I think I'm going to look into a cycling class at my gym. I hear they're real a ass-kicker! Anybody have any suggestions for a diet program?

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I'd like to get in on this one, but I already dropped 32lbs. :yeehaw: :moon: :thumb:

5'11 - 208 - 17%

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
OK fellow roostaholics! I am 295 5'10" and 41 years old. I want to lose 80 lbs in the next year.

Believe it or not, I do well at the SERA enduros I enter and plan on making a go for it this year.

Juts got off the phone with Craig from Phat Catt MX gear and he told me he lost 80 lbs since 2-02 on Adkins. BTW, if you'ra looking for great MX apparel for BIG guys check out his company at Phatcatt.com.

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
E-WA same boat as you. Have dropped 7lbs since T-day, just eating better with a little more working out.
Also joined Weight Watchers, only guy at the meetings......

Buck, 42yrs old, 5'11", started 235 (28% fat) now at 228. Looking for 210 by Valentines day, and 180 by the first ISDE qualifier ID in June.

Eating about 3000 calories a day and weight is coming off.

My goal ---- no food or drink (other than water) after 7pm each night.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by Buckholz
Also joined Weight Watchers, only guy at the meetings......

Wifey did the WW thing, and she says its all women too. Not a bad thing!
Myself, I went to 1500 cals a day, 40-40-20% mix of carbs/proteins/fats. Not rocket science, but effective if you "live" in the gym like I did. I also didnt eat after dinner, usually 6-7pm.

frankzappa2

Oct 9, 2002
Well i just decided to check out the training forum to see what I can work on to get me into better riding style. Congratulations to everyone who is sticking with it and hope you can get down to your personal goal.
I'm also watching weight as well but im trying to gain a few.
I'm 20 6'2 160 lbs. I have had a small build my whole life but i've found it impossible to gain weight. Probably people feel the same way losing weight as i do gaining it. I guess the work I do probably effects the weight gain. I work 6 days a wk, in the summer on a farm, And this winter I got a job working for a tree service. The tree service is probably the best way to loose weight, gain muscle mass ohhh ya and break your back.
Keep up the good work
and ill keep you posted on the weight gain issue

Top Bottom