Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Finally Jack pine is over. It's been a busy early summer with trail maint and getting ready for JP. This last weekend was great but busy.

Friday Mike, Brian and I rode the entire JP route with pouches to ensure that the course was ready -we liked it. 65 miles

Saturday I rode the entire Pinecone on the KLX and had a freakin' blast. 40 miles (on 12 inch wheel!)

Sunday I have no idea how much I rode but probaly 30-35 miles. Preriding, running a check, sweep riding and pulling arrows.

Later Sunday -I got called out for the "Senior Class mini bike race so I burned a few more laps on the KLX.

Monday. In fear of a hangover that didn't occur I got geared up and ready to pull arrows and I go to kick over the KTM and the dang front tire is flat on the bottom. What to do? Brian yells "Ride the KDX!" So I did, pullling arrows with 5 others. I ain't been on a KDX in a while!! We got done about noon -removing arrows from 50% of the enduro. That was about 35 miles. We're done with our stuff. Finished. What a relief. Now its racing, racing, racing and one more round of trail maint.

We hope ya all enjoyed the 2006 Jack Pine this year, we worked really hard to make it as good as we could and incorporate feedback from the past. We also realize that the weather may be hot because we don't usually run in July, late in August so we took it easy on ya just in case it was hot, and it was!!! We heard a lot of good comments at the finish and from a few of the riders we know and that feels good when you try so hard to do your best but something always happens to throw a wrench in the plan. Volenteer workers do this because they want to and because they can not because they have to. Thanks every one for showing up and riding! :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
The JP enduro from start to finish was top shelf! Well done LMC & Volenteers! :cool:

I was really dig'n the super dirt-tard mini races with cold beer in hand & azz in chair..

DW

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
DSC01233.jpg
Factory Freddy on baby bling. "Oh its on now boyz"!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Whew, I'd never try that sober! My neck don't turn that far with out lubrication! :laugh:

Them 6 speed KX one hunnerts are hard to stay in front of!

Thanks for the pics DW.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
DSC01221.jpg
Fellow Ghetto booty team member Don Marsh rounding up a pit crew for Sunday.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
If there are any complaints about the weekends events, they need to hear - Shut Up And Ride. It would also help if they took the time and energy to work putting in the trails and etc. The payback can't be beat.

A personal side note. I called it quits about 5 miles from the last check knowing I'd hour out first and didn't want to take a chance on making a crashing mistake. Brian was at the two track and I wound up following his Dad in the pickup. He stops at an intersection, comes back to tell me he doesn't remember that location and isn't sure which way to go. My comment covers what is a ride if you don't get lost. The reply comes back mentioning the word 'adventure'. Woodsy doesn't hold the patent on lost.

Young Ted

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Hey DW did you get Cody back for the spankn he gave you guys at Kasky???
Or are you going to have to start racing against Caleb now instead...
Oh yeah and how did the little guy do at the pinecone? Did he finish?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks Fred and the rest of the LMC crew! I had a great time as well! ...well other than getting the wind knocked out of me when i slammed into the ground rather hard...that was not so great. Arrowing was excellent, nice test sections...no complaints at all from me!

I missed out on a trophy by 3 points...to my riding buddy CR250@winters. I need to stop helping that guy out - no more having the wife and kids run gas for him...no way!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
wyatt said:
DW

I would like permission to enter the "add your own caption" contest to Dons picture. The possibilities are endless.
By all means chime in Wyatt!

bbarrel, I did a 28 and Cody 23 which won him B high point and was good enough for A high point and 4th over all from what I was told! I have to wash da bikes and change his clutch!

Ps. Maybe somebody can give the Low D on finishes as I didn't get a chance to see the score board due to bench racing & cooler robbing around camps. Allan Randt won my class with 26, a fella outa state 27 and myself 28 is all I can tell ya. Senior A class both enduro & HS is really tough this year! There's no room for error thats for sure!.

Little Caleb DNF at the 5th water hole, he was going wfo right through the middle of them and I stoped him 100yrds before the 5th and said "pick better lines, OK dad" wfo right down the center of the 5th he went only to find out that the water was seat high! I worked on it for an hour and it was over. Caleb said "Well at least I learned something today dad" I said ya whats that bud? " I got to go around the mud puddles" Go figure.....

So I take Caleb up to the score board in the Rino after the race to let him see how his class did and he said dad you think I'll get a trophy?...Factory Freddy leans over and says "Ya Caleb your going to get a snorkel"! Ya just gota love him.... ;)

Pss. More pic's to follow.

DW

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
It was a great weekend!! Got to ride with my LMC buds on Friday. At the Pine Cone we took one of those three generation pictures - my nephew rode with my dad and I tagged along. It was like a family reunion in our corner of the clubgrounds.
Sunday was full of running checks, pre riding, working another check and then sweep riding. Boy did that Miller Lite taste good (18 year old Cody is hiding his beverage in the photo).
Monday we had to tear down arrows. A couple of guys who were camped out Sunday night (John Bombyk and Larry Campbell) were looking to help out and it worked great! We had half of the event torn down by noon.

DW - I did not bring the results to work with me today, but unofficially, you moved into first in the Senior A class (tied with Woodward). Tough class!! Randt has a lot more free time these days. I would expect to see him at more races. If the season were to end today, DW would be a AA rider for 2007 (so would Cody if they counted the B scores in the overall results).

Other unofficial results....Leroy still leads the overall results in the district. WHERE WAS MULLY THIS WEEKEND????
As noted, Cody continues to dominate the B class and B 200. Ryan Barkovich (Marsh's son in law) is showing some speed in the four stroke B class, but Bill Fritz is not giving up yet.
Salgeek moved up one spot in the very competitive B Senior class. Where was Magoo?
In the C class - Paul North was a no show...I saw him on Saturday night...and he lost a couple of spots in the Junior class. Nate Burlew (Sparkey's nephew) maintained his fifth position. KTM Mike improved a few spots in the C Senior class. Based on his post, CR250 also moved up one spot to 5th.
Once again, the old guys are in the most competitive classes. INCA may not have finished, but he is still in the hunt in the Masters class. The DRN battle continues in the Super Senior class. Factory Freddie worked hard for his first place points and maintains a 14 point lead with Don Marsh and Clint Southworth tied for second. Almost forgot, Denny G. who is on the injured reserve list - twisted his knee preriding on Friday - but the worker points from his work earlier in the month and the road crossings put him in the top 5 of the SS class. It is going to be a season long battle for those over 50!!

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Thanks LMC and all who helped with the Jackpine. I had a great time. Arrowing was superb. I know I left a few bruises on some trees and even sampled the soil a couple times and it wasn’t because I was off the trail. That was some good tight stuff. See yuuuu’s in Marquette.

Last edited:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
The Jackpine and Pinecone were outstanding events. Glad to hear everyone did so well. Smit-Dog and I rode on the same minute and that sure helped me stay focused. That last timed section darn near killed me - I bonked and felt like a ball in a pinball machine, I was bouncing off trees right and left (not in a good way), got to love those "bomb" holes too. What is it that makes the ground so uneven like that? Anyway, the entire family had an excellent weekend. I think it may prove to be one of the most memorable events for us, as each of the three generations trophied. :cool:

Cheers to the LMC and to everyone who made the event happen!
See you all at the Loose Moose.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Caleb Dusendang aka Plunger......nickname provided by Freddie for the way Caleb plunged right into the water holes in the first three miles.

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Wolverine,

Dont let em beat you up too bad. Must be a combination of youth, good genetics and mentoring, it was bound to happen.

I will have to defer on the caption thing. My wife just reinstated my computer priveleges after the last incident,
and I will be on my best behavior. We did the top ten in dons office this morning, he can fill you in. Does the Old dog (the one in the box) look scared to you?

Seriously I am just glad to hear everyone survived the heat.
Early weather reports had me concerned .

Last edited:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
wyatt said:
Wolverine,

Dont let em beat you up too bad. Must be a combination of youth, good genetics and mentoring, it was bound to happen.

Probably true. DW lives with the change and most won't get noticed because its gradual. From the outside looking in the change is easy to detect. I rode with Cody this spring. A fiew short months later the skinny boy is becoming a man. He looks 3 years older, no longer a skinny adolesent. The learning curve at that point is straight up. His results improve his mind with each great finish. If he stays focused, my guess is that he may be the guy that all others are chasing in the next couple of years. DW, congrats and enjoy the ride.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
DSC01249.jpg

That's gotta be one of the greatest shots on this site! Nice Fred! :cool:

Top Bottom