B

biglou

TR42-I have one or two pics in my gallery. Not sure if they will show what you want to see, but they are there if you wanna take a look. It's a BIG place, compared to what we're used to up here in KC. Lots of big hills, and lots of rock. I think anyone can safely ride there as long as they're not a true beginner. And don't ride alone, whatever you do. Come in up, we'd love to have you. :thumb:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
Lots of big hills, and lots of rock.

Lou,
Don't you mean nothing but rocks with big hills thrown in for good measure. ;) I do remember seeing some dirt there, wait, it was silt in the creek crossings. :eek:

cyoung450

Feb 17, 2002
Myself and MTRider went last year it was a blast even though I shredded a chain and sproket on my new 450. I would love to go again this year and I am sure I can get MTRider in the mix.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Hugh, just a fun ride. CR Swade has been doing this ride for years and is rounding up the gang to hit the woods/mountains, for some hillbilly funnin'! :confused:

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
How does White Rock compare to Chadwick? Is the area larger? Any camping provisions, and can someone give me detailed directions from Kansas City? From what I`ve heard it sounds like some great riding & scenery!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Very similiar to Chadwick. more rocks that move at White Rock. Chadwick has more big shelves with lots of nonmoving rocks. White rock is more primative than Chadwick as far as trailhead etc.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Well, looks like there is going to be thunderous suprise at the ride. The tone of my scoot of choice just got a little (alot) beefier. BTW, my braces are here and the MCL is healing nicely. We shall be riding in no time (well by December anyway). Thunder in the mountains... :yeehaw:

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Is the ride still planned for Thanksgiving weekend? It’s been a years since I’ve been there with ODR and I may even remember my way around (NOT). I could be possible to drop in on my way back through from visiting my parents (Les) in OKC. I drive right past the exit when driving from OK to TN. Heck, I might even be able to persuade the old man to go to. Keep us posted on your date decision.

Last edited:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Mr. Thumb, Dec 6-8th is the ticket..I think around here, we will be shippin out of KC late Friday afternoon..plan on riding all day Saturday as well as Sunday morning before heading back later that day. Sure to be a good time!! :thumb:

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I've ridden near there I beleive at the Kirby Enduro. White Rock is more mountainous, but both areas are nice.

BTW, we are planning on riding three days-so Friday will be an early rise there BlueThunder! That means you're probably driving the big rig for a bitwhilst I get some sleep (getting in round 3am for a 4am departure can be rough on a guy).

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Raising Arizona parole review board voice on>>> "OK Then" :moon:

Pool man best get his "date night" activities done at reasonable hour, you do realize that you will throwing around a man's bike now..525cc's of 4stroke lovin' will have no mercy on a hung over, sleep deprived pup like yourself... :flame:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Will there be a group of 'less than A' level riders? Reading last years report, sounds like you hit the gnarly stuff pretty hard.

Would it be a good idea to divide into a couple different groups & make trail selection accordingly? I've never been to WR, so not really sure what to expect.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
We are expecting all skill levels and most likely will break off into some small groups so everyone can enjoy at their own pace..I do feel sure that we will get a moderate paced tour on the "blue loop" that is marked out. If you want it gnarly and fast..your wishes will be fullfilled.. :thumb:
BTW, if you ride w/BigLou and Agent Orange..better pack gas,flashlight, and some food...you could be out there for a while.. :p

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Jayhawk,

Come on down, Lou and I carry the spode torch proud...No worries about going to fast with us.

And btw, I will have the headlight installed instead of a number plate on the 380 this year, function over fashion. The thought of possibly cuddling with Lou
to stay warm on the side of the mountain still makes me cringe.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Ahhh...pondering the thought of helmetless Louise snuggling with you deep in the woods after the helmet toss and truck stop swearing competition should indeed make you cringe. Also, Wade may be up for some snuggling if his Thursday night date activities run afoul. Watch him though, he keeps referring to some problem that he has with seamen. He's a bit touchy feely I've heard and he may need to feel the "love" as he often puts it, after a day of wrangling that new 525. If he starts talking about "early rising" and you're snuggled, I hope that you wake up before he does. :eek:

Jayhawk and tangell.....these guys are a little scary at times, but they will watch out/wait up for you on the trails. Granted, there won't be any sightseeing or smelling of roses......or any other fauna for that matter...if you're in for a ride let 'em know....if you're in for the forementioned fauna sniffing, you'd be better off sticking with some of the other guys. {Louise, Alice and Chris F.} Heck, I may even be back there with 'em if I'm not apartment hunting in Canon City.

Ghostwritten as you guessed,

AStevens

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
WARNING. You guys are going riding during deer hunting rifle season and White Rock will be crawling with hunters that do not care to hear bikes going through the trees. Most bow hunters and black power guys are out of the woods by 9:00 am and back in by 4:00 p.m. allowing plenty of time to not cross paths with bike riders. However, during rifle season it brings out the real winners (wieners) who spend all day in the woods. Some of these guys never see a single living creature and may decide to take their frustration out on an unsuspecting dirt bike rider.

I grew up riding at White Rock (Devils Den) and S.E. OK and it can be dangerous to ride during rifle season. Years ago my dad and I where riding at Honobi, OK (S.E. OK near Clayton) during riffle season and a hunter pulled down on us with his rifle. I guess the hunter felt that we were spooking the deer so he thought he would spook us and it worked :eek: . We had forgotten it was rifle season and went straight to the truck and loaded up and went home. Since then, I have not ridden on public land (that allows hunting) during deer hunting riffle season.

Maybe I can catch up with you guys in the early spring or at the spring bike ride at LL ranch.

Take care

Last edited:
Top Bottom