CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I've got eight rooms reserved ,split em' up as you guys see fit. We can get more if needed. I do need a confirmed list of riders though for the reservation desk w/in about a week of the 6th. Thanks

Frankie says relax :yeehaw: ala medium t-shirt style :confused:

REDxr

Apr 20, 2000
Well I'm in for sure, and I'll pay for a bed. I'm still trying to get Greg Weirick and Scott Wheeler to comfirm if they are going. If one or both of them go I'll probably drive, if they back out do you have room Wade? I assume you'll be taking the big rig.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yes indeedy. It is just Jason, Nate and myself in the truck and Team Ugly trailer right now. We could actually squeeze 2 more people/bikes in if we need to.

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Gentlemen (and I use the term loosely), I have returned to the real world after a short sabbatical (actually, I didn't get any rest....I had to build my wife a restaurant so she could take over the position as bread winner in the family). A favorable side effect will be that we'll have our own personal watering hole after the ride when coming down to Chadwick now. Unfortunately, I did have to miss the festivities of Dirt Week and need to make up for lost time.

Although my first two wheeled excursion in four months (last weekend) ended up with a wadded front wheel and a couple of cracked ribs, it was a much needed stress reliever. I should be good to go by the second week in December if there is any room left on the trails.

I finally got a chance to read these posts and it brought a tear to my eye (actually, I was just slapped in the side by my daughter...;o). I hope MTrider, CAL, Sawblade, MX547 and anyone else I have unintentionally ignored for the past few months will be able to make it to White Rock so we can catch up on some bench racing.

BTW, Wade....I hope you can drag some of those Topeka pukes down here that have been out of action for awhile. But, if you bring Jeff....make sure you defumigate him first!!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by wfocrusty
I hope MTrider, CAL, Sawblade, MX547 and anyone else I have unintentionally ignored for the past few months will be able to make it to White Rock so we can catch up on some bench racing.

the past few months i've been attempting in vain to recover from a broken leg. maybe i'll see you in the spring some time. have fun.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
wfocrusty its good to hear you are up right and breathing! I have been bikeless since July. Sold the YZ to come up with a little more money to put into the house we moved into last month. No fear though, the deal with Mrs. Sawblade was I get a new bike, but I looks like it will be early spring before I get one.

MX 547 is laid up with a bionic man looking devise attached to his lower leg. I'm not sure if any of the other Heartland Spodes plan to make the trek over, but they need to. It was a hoot last year! :thumb:

I'll throw out the offer again, if you guys want to make the drive up to Bentonville after riding Saturday, we can throw some burgers and dogs on the grill, the ice tea will be cold. We can pop a top, eat some grub and do some bench racing. Its only about a 25 minute drive from the hotel to my house. Let me know if anyones interested.

Sawblade

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by wfocrusty
I hope MTrider, CAL, Sawblade, MX547 and anyone else I have unintentionally ignored for the past few months will be able to make it to White Rock so we can catch up on some bench racing.

I wish I could, but I can't swing this one.  I've been riding non stop since Dirtweek, and have basically worn my bike out and burnt all my vacation(and then some), thus leaving me broke.

You guys have fun and be careful...and this time, get Lou throwing his helmet on tape! :p  Crusty, hope those ribs heal up! :thumb:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Sawblade, that is a tempting offer, we will see how beat down everyone is after Saturday's ride..we may only have enough energy to shower and sleep..Toss a phone number out and we can call to advise once we arrive back to the hotel.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
For those willing souls that are still in on this ride, we are looking good for a mid-day arrival to Fayetteville on Friday. Plan on checking in the hotel and heading out for a ride at White Rock.
Holiday Inn Express near I-540. There is a block of rooms reserved if anyone wants to stay there..I think the rate is 60$/night. See ya there. Jason

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Saturday - 50 degrees, partly sunny. Sunday - 42 degrees, rain. Last night we had ice, today snow. Looks like you guys will have some ice/snow on the north faces to deal with again.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Sawblade
Sunday - 42 degrees, rain. Last night we had ice, today snow. Looks like you guys will have some ice/snow on the north faces to deal with again.

i'm almost glad i'm injured.

do you woods guys just quit riding when the weather is good (dry and warm)?

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
If we waited for "good" conditions in the woods, we would never get to ride, I'll take what is thrown at me, besides, just think of the stories we can tell about riding around on a snow/ice covered mountain..
And Jay, you know if you weren't broke down and bikeless you would be out there riding fearlessly w/us....

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Sounds to me like you guys just as well go ahead and order up that pink "PitSally" graphics and plastic kit...broken bikes, broken bones, sniffles..pfffftttt!! LMAO!!!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy

Unless they have a broken bike (CAL)

HA!  I've been riding that broken bike!  I haven't missed a weekend since Dirtweek.  My forks are locking up, my front wheel is bent and points to the left, my Pro Tapers are bent, both handguards are bent, I don't have any brake pads left, and my rear spokes are snappin' like tooth picks!  But I'm riding!  :yeehaw: :moon:

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Corey, thanks for easing my mind to the fact that I'm not the only guy around here NOT riding a "pretty bike"...I like your style!!! My poor bike looks ugly but she still hauls the bacon!!

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Originally posted by Blue Thunder
Corey, thanks for easing my mind to the fact that I'm not the only guy around here NOT riding a "pretty bike"...I like your style!!! My poor bike looks ugly but she still hauls the bacon!!

Call it "character" Jason. Heck, ya gotta do something to set them apart! When you ride'm like you hate'm...they start looking like real woods bikes:p

At least your zip-ties color coordinate ;)

Greg

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
And we are officially out of here...off to God's country to break in the new Katoom. Weather, schmeather...we're going riding. :cool:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Well, good news/bad news. The ride went off as planned. Three of us arrived early Friday as planned. The temps were still chilly and the trails did have snow and ice on them. In fact, the older two-track sections had ice ponds on them! the ice was actually thick enough that the bikes couldn't break through. This was down in the lower sections. Once we got up into the mountain sections we were greeted with either sunny/dry conditions on the South and West faces or snow/ice with the trees full of ice on the other sides. Up in the higher elevations the trees were completely ice covered. Combine this with the sun sparkling off of the ice, it was very surreal. Pretty, but surreal. Not to mention the bikes-all four strokes, seemed to shake the ice off of the branches creating an icy rain wherever our bikes were at. All in all, we covered about 35-40 miles from 2-4pm while taking in some pretty scenery.

Oh yeah, the 03 525EXC is friggin made for this stuff. I've never had such an enjoyable scoot in these rough old trails. Way better than the 97 EXC and even, dare I say, my beloved 01 CR. That bike has the off-road forks of doom with a completely unbelievable powerplant. Ride a gear (or two) high to relax or let her breathe with some extra throttle and hang the heck on. Cool part is this bike gives complete confidence in stability and line selection in tight, nasty, roughed-up woods.

Now the bad news. Next day we were greeted with more cooler temps, but in all reality, perfect conditions. The rest of the group had showed up late Friday evening and we were all ready to ride. After a hot, tasty breakfast everybody was in tow to the trail head. I decided to take the loop in another direction, see some sights and hit this cool single-track on the east side of the preserve. Unfortunately, my injured knee had other plans. About 3.5 miles into the loop on a completely snotty, rutted up b**** of a climb, the left knee let out a yell that brought me right down. I was rolling around, hollering to beat the band and knew my weekend was going to be cut short. I guess 6 weeks wasn't long enough heal time. :think:

So, the Katoom is going to get polished up whilst I heal up and we are going to attempt this thing again in March (well maybe Jan/Feb) if the knee feels 100%.

Top Bottom