Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
i know it was mentioned by 2 people in the good friday thread i think yzman, and bigeasy, also by curt in another thread, so what im wondering is who is going to cedar creek this friday and what time would we all like to meet. i talked to the wife and we will have enough deniro for me to do that one so im in :aj: .

well whos going and when we meeting. :ride: :)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Oh I am riding. Snow or dirt it dont matter to me none. Ill be there. I may be able to get out there this week and scout out the situation for a snow report. Or Big Easy may be able to pipe in as he lives right there.

As for time.....maybe 10:00am

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
alrighty im loading the bike and im outa here see ya at the trail head. wooooooooooooo hoo hold it why am i so excited about cedar ohh thats right im going to get one helluva work out weeeee.

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
Been terible busy all week, workin 10's and holdin down the fort, so I got behind in my bike prep. I will meet everyone at the the trail head off Ryerson at 10am, may be on the bike maybe not, all depends what happens in next two hours. Yep procrastinating again, :bang: .

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hope you guys had fun...some of us work retail and don't get holidays off...the only ones I don't have to work are Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day. Unless the holiday falls on a weekend, then I am off...

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well be glad you didnt go hehe it was a work out we didnt even complete the loop it was that tough. im shot and sleepy.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Muddy? I think I would have rather been on the trails than at my store...holy crap it was SOO busy. People were also very cranky today. Well of course we are going to be LOW on Easter Candy TWO days before Easter...hellooo that stuff has been out since the day after Valentine's Day. We try to have enough of it, but it never works.
the longer I work retail the more and more I begin to dread holidays. Especially retail holidays, because they are one right after the other. Christmas is almost 3 months :yikes: . They thought they would get me to go in tomorrow and cashier :rotfl: no way!!! Been there done that. I'll take my weekends off thank you very much.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well actually there was very little mud, mainly it was in the begining 2 frozen quad ruts with about any where from 6 to 12 inches of wet snow in the middle of those 2 ruts. if you fell off the ruts your front tire sank instantly down into the center which caused much flailing about as you tried to keep the front from washing out under you. i think i counted 2 spots with bare ground showing yes dirt woo hoo a quick hammering of the throttle and right back into the snow. now to make thing just a little more interesting where the whoops normally are hehe this is great....... there are frozen holes of water just waiting for you to attemp to cross them so they can break through sending very very cold water every where (thank god for the tall kitchen baggs i put in the boots). it was this way for most of the trail as i tried to stay to the opposite rut from don ahead so when he would break through i could spot it and gas it just before hand to help keep dry. as we hit crossed the road going on the north loop, don let me go ahead this i was very pleased with hehe, don however was not as pleased as i was with this, due to later in the trail you could see where said quad that had been riding along hit much deeper snow than he could traverse and got stuck, gave up and turned around leaving with what i though as i was looking at it as beutifull untouched trail with no ruts anywhere. ofcourse the this works out good for the first guy most of the time and every body else after him has his ruts to deal with this is where don wasnt to happy but it wasnt just the ruts. as i hit the untouched trail and my happy face was gleeming about, my front tire tried to tuck itself behind the rear tire( i think it got scared apperntly it new what was up ahead and was tring to warn me) thus resulting in more failing about and it is now wilder than before. this snow was nice and deep and not powder. i think i was dragging my foot pegs alot when i wasnt dragging a foot as a outrigger to stay up. i found if i stood up but leaned as far back on the bike as possible and hammerd the throttle i was good for the straight sections the turns i still need testing to find anyting that worked good hehe i got to the point i couldnt hang on any more so i stopped to rest. i took a few pics (but its not a digital so yalls got to wait till im done) and waited for don to come along. those ruts i was leaving behind me were not all that easy to follow down the trail as don told me i was pretty much all over he place hehe and he could avoid my rutts in that deep snow. we made it to the the next 2 track and followed it back to the parking lot and called it a day.

now as i was the first one there 2 other guys showed up just before don pulled in they were from lansing and they had no screws in thier tires, they took 1 look at those 2 frozen rutts and said not for us, well go back to lansing and ride on our private 80 acers with no snow on it. so that left us 2 as we were getting ready a realy bright yellow hummer pulling a trailor pulled in, so ofcourse we had to see what they were riding, 4 bikes no screws in thier tires either, also these guys had just drivin from indiana to come ride our lovely state, and they were hopeing that this trail had no snow well it wasnt thier lucky day. we got bacl to the parking lot and there they all were already having a cold one hehe. they said did you guys take the long way around hehe, then they told us they got .8 of a mile in a gave up. im not sure what deterd them the 2 frozen quad rutts or the 2 rutts we were putting in every where we went busting the ice as we went. hehe.

so for anybody who didnt ride this your the lucky ones we did get to meet big easy and talk with him for some time to in fact so long that we had to warm the bikes up 2 times hehe.

there was one other thing that happend to i was smitten by the auto clutch damn those free rides people offer me first its a crf free ride, then its a auto clutch free ride, i just cant keep up with my new toy wants.

i was actually tired enough that i stopped at the hopkins park and ride and took a nap before continuing the rest of the way home. wooooooooooo hooooooooooooo cant be a bad day of riding is still better than doing the honey do list at home. hehe

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Man what a great day of riding. Sun was shining. Birds were singing. And we had the trail to ourselves. How could it get any better :laugh:

Well it may have been a little beter if there wasn't still 6-10" of wet nasty white crap on the trail still :bang: That was a tough ride. I actually managed to get up on the pegs and into 3rd gear to skim the woops. But I was dancing with the devil doing this as at any moment you just knew that the front tire was gonna leave you. As it did once leaving me on the ground wondering of the wisdom of riding this day. But in the end it was better than siting around the house :cool:

Yep I got to meet the Big Easy. He is gonna fit right in with our group thats for sure. Notice Godzuki with the big ol grin....That didn't last too long. That trail wiped the smile of his face in quick order.

Attachments

• P1010184.JPG
    P1010184.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 95
  • P1010185.JPG
    P1010185.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 99

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
And two more photo's. That blaster fella was quite the carecter. He reminded me of Woodsy's go karting neigbor with his ront teeth missing. He was riding for team Wrangler today. His riding idn't last all that long as he was quickly soaked and frozen.

Attachments

• P1010186.JPG
    P1010186.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 89
  • P1010187.JPG
    P1010187.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 93

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
DUDE!!! That was soo funny. How could he not notice that sucker. I was waiting for him to lick his lips and suck that buger away......lol

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Godzuki said:
did you notice the rather large bright green bugger hanging down almost to his lip to hehe.

That wasnt a booger Zuk - that was the remains of the Premix he siphoned out of your bike when you werent looking :laugh:

Soooo, sounds like my trail report wasnt to far from wrong eyy guys :rotfl: I guess its just gonna take a couple of "so-so" experiences riding to get you guys back to having faith in ol' Woodsys advice - this will be a good lesson to remember when we get up on the Boon this year and we are a little confused on directions - yessirreee - I will just remind everyone of the 10 inches of wet sloppy snow you rode today and then maybe you will trust me to lead you safely out of the woods :nener: :moon:
Great report guys!!!!
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ill believe you to get me outta the woods safely when you actually do get me outta the woods safely.

And its not that we dont believe your trail reports. We are just too stuborn to care.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Ill believe you to get me outta the woods safely when you actually do get me outta the woods safely.

And its not that we dont believe your trail reports. We are just too stuborn to care.

Did you fall and bonk your beaner today YZMAN?? Dont you remember that it was my excellent woodsmanship (why do you think they call me Woodsy?) that saved us the day that Jimmy got gassed?? Had we of trusted that goofy GPS (which I gotta agree with Young Ted saying that this stands for: Go Park Somewhere - we're riding!!) we would still be trying to find a way across the river... How soon they forget folks - how soon they forget (I only hope they forgive as quickly)!!!! :rotfl:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Good report. Glad I stayed at work (hmm...well maybe at least off the trails). My poor Explorer wouldn't have liked the parking lot right now. Now that the bike is together, we can work on that transfer case. My AWD only works when it wants to.. :think:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
He was riding for team Wrangler today. His riding idn't last all that long as he was quickly soaked and frozen.

Seems like the quadders on those trails almost always wear jeans. The last ride there were two quadders one was wearing a tank top and jeans. The other in shorts and no shirt...
:coocoo:

I don't even wear shorts to put the bike back in the garage after washing it...The last time I did that, I got my leg burned on my FMF pipe. Had a nice FMF logo branded to the inside of my leg...I thought it looked cool, but the people I work w/thought otherwise.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
woodsy said:
Did you fall and bonk your beaner today YZMAN?? Dont you remember that it was my excellent woodsmanship (why do you think they call me Woodsy?) that saved us the day that Jimmy got gassed?? Had we of trusted that goofy GPS (which I gotta agree with Young Ted saying that this stands for: Go Park Somewhere - we're riding!!) we would still be trying to find a way across the river... How soon they forget folks - how soon they forget (I only hope they forgive as quickly)!!!! :rotfl:

Woodsy, you dear lost soul - I'm a partner to Don on the Renie saga and have to defend him here. Your excellent woodmanship forced you to ask directions from the guys looking for a white Toyota pickup. How soon you forget. You are Woodsy because you are a lovable hoot and night owl around here. This is in part to your own admission. When it comes to forgiving, forget it, the stubborn kicks in.

Young Ted

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
Good to meet Zuk and Yz. Sorry I kept, you guys form the frozen wasteland so long. BSing is gift passed down from my ancestors, and lives and breathes within me. :laugh: Yep, my twenty minutes turned into two hours again !!!!!! I did pass the address for my cabin webpage off to the Indiana riders, so they can have a reasonably priced place to sleep some guys this fall.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Naw you didn't hold us up at all. I dont think Zuki not I were in any hury to dive into that slop. It was good talking to ya.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
yes i wasnt in to much of a hurry after already taking a quick ride in a little ways on the south loop and seeing what we had instore for us. ifact i could have stayed and shared more of the liquid refreshments that the indiana guys were passing out and bs some more.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom