adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Yea! I got to go out and do something yesterday. It was finally decent out and I went walking for 2 hours with some pretty big hills. And today it's snowing like mad....

I can't wait to get home at the end of this week and try and get back in the "routine".

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Alright, I've worked out 11.5 hours in the past 2 weeks! I'm really getting there, I feel so much better!

Last night I did a bunch of stretches in the shower and felt great! So now I'm going to get up a bit earlier in the morning and do those stretches to get my day going!

I'm going to be in great shape for riding season!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
We're gonna need to see proof of the streches in the shower. Still photos are OK but video is preferred :)

BTW, I broke 200 lbs :yeehaw: I can't remeber the last time I was below 200. I feel great!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
We're gonna need to see proof of the streches in the shower. Still photos are OK but video is preferred :)

:ohmy:

RM_guy said:
BTW, I broke 200 lbs :yeehaw: I can't remeber the last time I was below 200. I feel great!

Congrats on the weight you old perv! :rotfl:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
RM_guy, tread softly :|

I do believe you've earned yourself a serious roosting for those comments. :moon:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
...I do believe you've earned yourself a serious roosting for those comments. :moon:
Hmmm, them's fightin' words. Good luck though, ya have to be in front of me to roost me :nener:

IS IT THE FIRST YET?!?!?!?!?!? :aj: :aj:

2smokers

Mar 25, 2006
Once you do something 21 times its a habbit and real easy to keep on doing. Thats what I stuck to and after about 20 times of working out it was easy to do it regulary. Now im in the best shape of my life, only 292.5 1/2 pounds! I FEEL SO GOOD!!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
travis712 said:
I want in on this. I want to get from my extreme 225-230(as of now) down to 200. I just need motivation..

Read this whole thread, that's tons of motivation right there.

I've been working out steadily for about 5 weeks now, at least 4 times per week, and I am really feeling great. I don't get winded running up and down stairs anymore, I feel more flexible, and I just have more energy in total! It's great!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wow, what a difference 25 lbs makes when I ride. Between that and have a bit more stamina I felt great. I went out for the first ride of the season over the weekend and had a blast. I had been contemplating gearing down my bike for the woods because it just wasn’t pulling as much as I’d like. Well I don’t need to do that! I found myself in 2nd gear most of the time with power to spare!!! I didn’t really notice it until later in the day when I saw that I was going a lot faster through some stuff than I normally do.

I have a little over 10 more pounds to go but I have some real incentive now!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awesome Dave!

Rooster and I rode for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday, and I felt pretty good after that! I figured it being the first ride of the season, even though it was an easy one, I'd be somewhat sore today. I'm not! It's fanastic!

Tonight, I'm going out on my mountain bike, I need to practice my balance LOL...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Oh, I'm sore!!! I can barely walk today. I don't care what I do during the winter I am never able to work all the muscles I use during riding!

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Wow, this fell all the way back to the second page! Is everyone slacking?

I've been doing pretty good, the local park path is 1.25 miles and I've been running 2-3 laps everyday, except for 2 days last week, when I was fighting a losing battle to some food poisoning. But I was probably losing more weight doing that than running!

I haven't gotten any riding in unfortunatly. Waiting for my cylinder to come back from getting replated :(. I figure by the time it's just about too hot to ride I'll have the bike back together.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
No slacking! Actually I've been doing at least 1/2 hours worth of something every day.

I've ridding for 90 minutes every Sunday for the past 3 Sundays in a row too!

I feel great!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
I bet your boss is happy to get even that much out of you :p

:blah:

Mar 1, 2005
i am attempting to get in shape as well.i got out of ridding in 2000 and for some reason right after that its seems things started going down hill.by mid 04 i weighed at my worst 330 lbs! well,when i found this out i said to myself "thats it,you have to do something about this" so i started dieting and cutting out all the joke food that i was eating.it took awhile to gain some will power and self control but i finally did it and once i started seeing results there was no turning back.as of right now i weigh around 185 and would like to get down to around 170 or so.as far as exercise goes i walk at least 4 times a week and do various types of strength training 3 times a week.i want to start racing to and that was one of my motivators when trying to lose weight.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I really feel great now with all the exercise I've been getting!

I've even taken up tennis (kind of...). I've played twice now, and I've got a long ways to go until I can actually play a game of tennis, but the practice is great and it's fun!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Glad you are enjoying the tennis lessons.
Tonight you WILL learn to control your swing! :p

tennis is much more fun than walking yes?

Squid_uk

Oct 22, 2005
I've got the problem of after doing 2 laps on a small course my fore arms are agony and i get to the point where i can't squeeze the clutch because it hurts so much!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
try to ride through it even if it means slowing down a bit to stay in control. If I do that my arms relax again and I can keep going.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
squid uk- gripping the bike more with the legs lets your arms have a break for a spell. it helped me get alot more laps in before getting arm pump....

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Squid,
Sounds like your hanging on for dear life. Go at a more relaxed pace and get comftorble with the speed your going.

Back on track here......Great job keeping up the workouts Sqeeky.

Haycock Kid

Oct 15, 2005
I walk and pedal the mtb, but doing more street riding that dirt as I get older. Muscles have always been real tight; stretching is real important for me, and yoga solved that problem - also helped arms and shoulders. New exercise; my boys talked me into buying a tampoline. Try jumping on that thing for two minutes - kicked my @ss.

Top Bottom