6th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride 6/16-18

What day and how many in your group? (pick all that apply)

• Total voters

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
We're leaving sometime Friday morning, probably around 8 or 9, so we won't make it to ride Friday, but we will make it to camp. We're camping Friday and Saturday, riding Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
pretty much the same for me.

Driving down Friday
Camping Friday night
riding all day Saturday
Camping Saturday night
riding 1/2 day Sunday
driving home Sunday afternoon

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
i'll be there friday prob around 6:30 with my buddy and trying to get 2 of my neighbors to come as well but they prob wont. Camping fri night, riding sat then possibly heading out sat late afternoon like usual, not sure about camping sat night, have a grad party to attend Sun. Looks like I may need to do a rh crank seal on my RM, checking it out today but should be all taken care of by fri. See you guys there

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I went for a short ride yesterday to get primed for this weekend--4 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! :ride: :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I haven't ridden in about 2 months Dave. So you should be able to keep up with me this weekend :moon:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Bruce and Sam, Thanks for the offer of the bike but i just wont be able to make it this round. Peggy found out she has to work saturday and looks like i might have to work sunday to cover a vacation starting that week. :(

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
not even maried yet and already. . .

Attachments

• whip.gif
    818 bytes · Views: 122

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
I haven't ridden in about 2 months Dave. So you should be able to keep up with me this weekend :moon:
Let's see, list of excuses...Well, I only rode for an hour!, I didn't ride very hard, ...I'm sure I'll come up with more--or maybe I'll just use some of yours :debil:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Treejumper said:
Bruce and Sam, Thanks for the offer of the bike but i just wont be able to make it this round. Peggy found out she has to work saturday and looks like i might have to work sunday to cover a vacation starting that week. :(

:(

You'll be missed Chucke!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
not sure if i missed it or not but is there a discount again this year? Either way see ya'll in 4 days

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I just got a rear flat on my drz and its a teraflex. I dont have my tire tools........and its a teraflex. I thought I was going to break my tire irons when I put it on. that is the 4th tube in 6 months that the valve stem ripped out. Whats the deal

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
time for a new rim lock trigger.

that's the same thing that was happening to Dave at Paragon last time. he replaced the lock and all was well.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Its brand new. I put it in to stop the torn stems. There is 2 nuts on the stem. do they both go outside the rim or one in and one outside. Is one a jam nut for the othere on the outside?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
sick 96 250 said:
not sure if i missed it or not but is there a discount again this year? Either way see ya'll in 4 days
Sorry, I just didn't have time to set it up. If you sign up for 2 days it's $40 and one day is $25.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Trigger1911 said:
Its brand new. I put it in to stop the torn stems. There is 2 nuts on the stem. do they both go outside the rim or one in and one outside. Is one a jam nut for the othere on the outside?
Leave the first nut on the stem and throw the other one away. If you put the nut on the stem after it's in the rim and the tire spins, it will rip out the stem. No nut lets the stem slip inside of the rim.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
mark the rim and the tire to see if you are still getting slippage. If you are, you might need to add a second lock.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Dave, you didnt answer the question. Does a nut go inside the rim?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I leave one nut on the inside, none on the outside.

Another question. What do you use for lube when mounting the tire?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
What Keith said.

I use WD40 for a assembly lube. Once it dries it halps the tire grip the rim better. Soap will do the same thing but I prefer WD40...it smells so nice :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Sorry, I just didn't have time to set it up. If you sign up for 2 days it's $40 and one day is $25.

We can have the discount if everybody has something to prove they are with DRN, like we did last year. They only ask for this because the time before that, other people in line heard us and said they were with DRN for the discount. So if somebody can make up something that everybody can hand in, we can get the discount.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003

Rooster and I still have our DYDR Cards that PK made for us last year, will those do?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
squeaky said:
Rooster and I still have our DYDR Cards that PK made for us last year, will those do?
I still have mine too

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've got a bunch of them somewhere. I'll find them, print more and have them with me for others in our group

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm working on this. (Thankd Dan!) Paragon isn't open Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I can't verify everything but if you have your card from last year, bring it. I will print up a bunch more to bring with me.

Last year the discount was only for 1 day ($5 off) and the 2 day rate was the same (which is already discounted for the 2 days). I see if we can get an extra $5 off the 2 day rate.

I won't know until Thurdays so keep checking back.

If someone said they were coming and now aren't, please post. I promise not to call you a Sally or Nancy...or even WoodsRider!!! :laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…