6th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride 6/16-18

What day and how many in your group? (pick all that apply)

• Total voters

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Wow.. all the troubles... sounds like we are going to have a great group of people though.

Chuck.. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a great friend this year too, Rich Romline. He taught all of us how to ride when we were growing up. His neighbor growing up, another good friend of mine, may be bringing Rich's DRZ up to ride in his memory this weekend.

Trigger: I know these are expensive, but if you can't work out the stem issue with those big lugged monsters, you may want to try one of these in the rear: Michelin Bib Mousse Foam Tube If you act qucik you might be able to get one for this weekend's ride.

Jason: It sounds like it could just need some tweaking, but did you have the stems re-valved? Yo0u could have some crud in the needles that is impeding the flow of oil. I don't really know much about the Yamaha stems though, so. I' don't know what else could cause that except maybe you put a few extra Lbs on this winter ;)

Keith: I will likely have several people with me, and still have my DRN card from last year. Don';t know if you will have some "generic" cards, but I could have as many as 4 or 5 guys with me.

Looking forward to the weekend!!!!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
ATTENTION!!! DO NOT BUY A TERAFLEX TIRE!!!! you will regret every minute of it. These are 6ply tires and almost imposible to mount by hand even with 18 inch irons. I punctured 3 tubes today alone! This is going to be very expensive

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Trigger1911 said:
ATTENTION!!! DO NOT BUY A TERAFLEX TIRE!!!! you will regret every minute of it. These are 6ply tires and almost imposible to mount by hand even with 18 inch irons. I punctured 3 tubes today alone! This is going to be very expensive

Did you check out the link in my post above yours?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Papakeith said:
not even maried yet and already. . .

:think:

Atleast i'm still getting some. ;) Or as her brother-inlaw said, "With one ring on her finger you get half as much and once there's two rings you get none." :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I printed out 48 generic membership cards so we should have plenty. Like I said, I'll know Thursday what the deal is.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ok, I got it, Dave brings me his 1/2 whooped rubber so I can whoop the other 1/2, I give my 9/10 Whooped Dunlop to Trigger so he can ride, An then Ill use 3/4 sheet metal screws and foam to clamp the terrible flex to my rim for the ultimate traction action. Hey I bet with a few more screws I can run the WR on the lakes in the winter :nener:
Wait, that sounds like alot of work, how bout Dave gives the Knobel Knobbie to Trigger and I just screw the Terraflex to teh outside of my all but street slick 756? Hey, I think that just might work! I love it when a plan comes together!
Dave, BTW Im DOWN about 5 lbs to my summer fighting weight of about 200 lbs. Down 15 lbs from 3 years ago and down 5 from last. Hows your tool shed looking ? :laugh: .

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
JasonJ said:
Dave, BTW Im DOWN about 5 lbs to my summer fighting weight of about 200 lbs. Down 15 lbs from 3 years ago and down 5 from last. Hows your tool shed looking ? :laugh: .

Then there is your suspension problem bro! You just need to put a few more pounds on!! Hit up McDonalds every meal between now and Saturday and your shocks should even out just fine!

I have plenty, no... I have an OVERABUNDANCE of tools in my shed LOL... I'm definately heavier than last year. :ohmy: I just hope I can squeeze into my riding gear! :nod: I hope i have less trouble getting into my riding pants than Trigger is having getting that teraflex on. I might need to break out the WD40!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:
two days left!!!! WhOOOOHOOO!!! :yeehaw:

:yeehaw: :aj: :ride:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Trails Outside of Paragon

Hey guys... I've been in touch with a bunch of locals that ride the trails starting from 1 exit south of Paragon on 81. Do any of you guys know anything about it? I've been told you can ride all the way to Wilkesberry not sure of the spelling but its over 50 miles away. Scooter have you been out there? I was thinking of taking a GPS with me and exploring. If any one else is interested let me know. My bike is street legal with a plate so I'm not too worried. One local I spoke with told me that the Railroad cops can be a pain but the local cops don't care. Also didn't know if I should start this as another thread or get it going here. I Love Paragon but variety is a good thing!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
CRFGuy said:
Hey guys... I've been in touch with a bunch of locals that ride the trails starting from 1 exit south of Paragon on 81. Do any of you guys know anything about it? I've been told you can ride all the way to Wilkesberry not sure of the spelling but its over 50 miles away. Scooter have you been out there?

most of it is private property, and some of it is paragon property, I have only ridden on what paragon owns of that land because I don't need the worries of who owns the land and do they allow riding. I am done running when I ride, Thats the reason I dont ride in NJ any more. The locals may know who allows riding on their land and who doesnt, or they may just not care.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CRFGuy said:
I Love Paragon but variety is a good thing!

I love Paragon too and I can honestly say in the half dozen times or so that I've been there, I've seen new stuff every time!

Well, that and the fact that Paragon holds a great challenge for me because I'm not a very advanced rider, I guess that helps me not get bored there.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Amen Squeeky and Dan....

I am stilll waiting for the day when I get bored with PAP.

It really depends on who you ride with as much as where and what you ride IMHO. Every time I go it's a different, and most often, a better experience as a result of the people and the level of challenge I am prepared to tackle. Paragon has everything I personally look for, all without the risk of loosing my bike or getting busted or fined for riding some place I shouldn't be riding.

Just my .02 cents anyway.... I'm sure there probably are trails that go all the way to Wilkes Barre but I'm happy to stay, for the most part, within the 200 odd miles of trails PAP has to offer. :)

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Wasn't suggesting we not use or go to Paragon nor that I was bored with it rather just looking for other alternatives. I've been told by the Kawasaki dealer guys recently that everyone even parks their trucks at the parking lot there one exit down from Paragon. I'm also under the impression Scooter that none of the property in question belongs to Paragon. In fact they tell me although it's a large parking area you need to get there early cause it fills up quick. I hear that some of the hills are sweet back in there something to the effect of 3/4 mile up hill runs. One of the guys was telling me that most of the land is owned by the state or railroad so your not trespassing on private property which I would also be against. I myself own just over 65 acres in PA and have my own land posted so why would I want to ride on someones private property.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here’s the scoop on a discount.

If you are riding only Saturday it will cost you $20 ($5 off) for the day as long as you have a Damn Yankee Dirt Rider ID card. I will have them with me.

If you are riding 2 days (either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday) you can get the 2 day discount and pay $40.

If you are riding only Sunday it will cost you $25 for the day. There won’t be a discount because less than 25 riders will be there Sunday.

This is the same deal we had the last few years. To get anything better we have to be much better organized with firm commitments from all of us.

See ya tomorrow!!!!! I’ll be in the red Dakota Quad cab with the fastest Suzuki in the world (with the slowest rider :ohmy: ) :ride:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Are most of us camping at Red Ridge or are you trying Paragon? I should be up before dark on Friday. Ill ride Sat and Sun. CRF Guy, we can get together some other time as my bike is street plated and I have a good knowledge of the area and what you can ride and what you should not. You defiantly need to run around the train tracks and not over or along them. Anyway, if your camping out we can talk. If your gonna hole up in some AC motel thats just one of the Kodak moments your sure to miss :yikes: .
See you all up there as long as the Rotten Black Bapa (my van) can climb old Blue mountain once again!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I will be with you-- in spirit! :ride:
Sending you some warm and dry weather for your weekend-- hope the creeks aren't too high after all that rain.

PK, you are officially tasked to be the new STB (Sadistic Trail Boss) in Dave's absence. I'm sure you'll make us proud! ;)

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
hey any of you 2stroke guys going up this weeked, I possibly need a little favor if anyone can help me out that would be cool. I just went to 4 dealers near my place looking for a main jet that i need. I'm looking for one around 148-150 keihn(sp?) its the hex shape main, so if any of you have extra jets your bringing and happen to one of those sizes to spare that would be sweet, i have a ton of jets but not that size. I'm still a little rich on main so i thought i would ask. See some of you tomorrow night and sat. later

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
sick 96 250 said:
hey any of you 2stroke guys going up this weeked, I possibly need a little favor if anyone can help me out that would be cool. I just went to 4 dealers near my place looking for a main jet that i need. I'm looking for one around 148-150 keihn(sp?) its the hex shape main, so if any of you have extra jets your bringing and happen to one of those sizes to spare that would be sweet, i have a ton of jets but not that size. I'm still a little rich on main so i thought i would ask. See some of you tomorrow night and sat. later
I'll bring what I have but I think the smallest is 152.

Top Bottom