6th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride 6/16-18

What day and how many in your group? (pick all that apply)

• Total voters

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The reservations at RedRidge are all set for the 16th and 17th. IS IT JUNE YET??!?!?!?

I was out riding yestreday and crashed pretty hard. I rolled backwards down into a 10 ft deep culvert and a rock and my head stopped me at the bottom. It folded my chin up into my chest and I can't move my neck to one side this morning. I saw it as good practice for Paragon :)

LET'S RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll be there with probably two in tow. Or maybe I'll be in tow with two. three either way right?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I may have two more with us...not sure yet, but as soon as we know we'll post!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Only 5 weeks to go!

:yeehaw:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
nah I cant wait 5 weeks, Ill go this weekend if the rain decides to stop

Also I am hoping to have all the single track marked, and possibly a few new sections before the ride.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
nah I cant wait 5 weeks, Ill go this weekend if the rain decides to stop

Also I am hoping to have all the single track marked, and possibly a few new sections before the ride.
Cool Dan! Did they ever fix any of the single track that they messed up with the new bypass around the pipeline?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
That should be reopened before the June ride :ride:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Just three weekends between now and then to get ready! ... Not counting this weekend! ;)

I'm putting the finishing touches on my bike this weekend, Heat cycling the new piston and rings, and dialing in the the new rear shock. Woo Hooo!!! I'm there!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
OK, IF I make the spring ride because I dont go to Laconia Bike Week I am bringing a newbie. His name is Fro' and he will be riding the RM250 I just finished for him. He has not ridden in 10-15 years so he will get a quick education!

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Trigger1911 said:
OK, IF I make the spring ride because I dont go to Laconia Bike Week I am bringing a newbie. His name is Fro' and he will be riding the RM250 I just finished for him. He has not ridden in 10-15 years so he will get a quick education!

A newb on a RM250 is gonna get more than a quick education!

:ohmy:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I finally got out on my bike today. Wow did that feel great.

I'm now excited about June.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Only 4 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?!)

:yeehaw: I can't wait!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
30 Mins till June 1st! I was up last weekend had a good long ride, found some new areas that are very cool! I changed my fork seals and the front end is just not working for me right. I need a new front tire, and rear tire too. I dont know if I will get those on before the "spring" ride though, I just had to put parts and tires on my street bike. Ill have to see if I can re dial it in. Man I hate messing with stuff when its working good!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
JasonJ said:
I need a new front tire, and rear tire too. I dont know if I will get those on before the "spring" ride though, I just had to put parts and tires on my street bike.

why didnt you just put nobbys on the street bike so they were interchangable?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
15 Days!!!!!!!!

:aj:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
JasonJ said:
30 Mins till June 1st! I was up last weekend had a good long ride, found some new areas that are very cool! I changed my fork seals and the front end is just not working for me right. I need a new front tire, and rear tire too. I dont know if I will get those on before the "spring" ride though, I just had to put parts and tires on my street bike. Ill have to see if I can re dial it in. Man I hate messing with stuff when its working good!

Since when did you let a little thing like tires get in the way of you riding!!! :p

If you still need one, I have a decent spare rear tire with about 60-65% tread (It has at least a half season left in it) that you can have for free I'll bring it up Saturday for the ride if you need it. It's a Kenda Trackmaster, I think it's a 110/100-18. I can check that though if you want it. I don't have any spare tubes, but I'm sure we can figure out something between now and then.

What is the issue with the forks? What oil did you use in your forks? Heavier / Lighter?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okay guys there is a HUGE lack of enthusiasm over this years ride! What's the deal?!

10 days, lets get pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ride:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
squeaky said:
Okay guys there is a HUGE lack of enthusiasm over this years ride! What's the deal?!

10 days, lets get pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ride:

I'm There! Looks like I might have as many os 5 additional riders with me as well!

Woo Hoooo!!!!!

(Is that pumped enough?)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I dunno sam, there might be mud at paragon.

You sure you want to ride there? you might get dirty!!!! :p

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah Ill take ya up on that tire Dave. The problem is I have not changed my tires in 3 years and It could have taken a set in 1 year :p . I used the Yamha fork oil type 01 specked in the book $22 a can from the dealder. It is thought to be a very light 5 wt oil and everything I read said not to try to substitude it. Maybe I just need some help trying to dial it in a bit more but I was happy with it last year before I took it apart even though it was leaking pretty bad :yikes:

Top Bottom