6th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride 6/16-18

What day and how many in your group? (pick all that apply)

• Total voters

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:
I dunno sam, there might be mud at paragon.

You sure you want to ride there? you might get dirty!!!! :p

:moon:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
JasonJ said:
Yeah Ill take ya up on that tire Dave. The problem is I have not changed my tires in 3 years and It could have taken a set in 1 year :p . I used the Yamha fork oil type 01 specked in the book $22 a can from the dealder. It is thought to be a very light 5 wt oil and everything I read said not to try to substitude it. Maybe I just need some help trying to dial it in a bit more but I was happy with it last year before I took it apart even though it was leaking pretty bad :yikes:

No worries bro....you'll get at least one good weekend out of this tire then! I almost forgot how rough you are on tires! I will throw it in my bag now so I don't forget it.

As for the oil....what is the problem? Hard rebound or soft? Bottoming out or too rigid? Stiction in the forks? If you were leaking you made the right choice obviously, but you may need to revalve if it's been a couple seasons since you had the forks rebuilt, particularly the way you ride :p Shocks can be really touchy when the needles get funky or clogged from what I've heard.

Try going back to the stock setting then clicking up or down depending on your issue. If you make it through all the settings and it still isn't right, time to revalve those stems bro.

See you in about 9 days!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The weather is look good for next weekend. :yeehaw:

Fred, I'm glad you cam make it :)

LET'S RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ride:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
RM_guy said:
The weather is look good for next weekend. :yeehaw:

I'm glad you posted this, I didn't want to be the first to talk about the weather!

It looks like it's going to be great!!! :cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
squeaky said:
I'm glad you posted this, I didn't want to be the first to talk about the weather!...
HA!! I rode in the rain during the April 1st ride so no one can say I pulled a Squeaky ( :nener: ), but I do prefer to ride without the rain :laugh:

I'll be there rain or shine :cool: :ride:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
DaveRS575 said:
Just about a week away!!! Wooo Hooo!!!

:cool: :ride: :yeehaw:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not sure if i will make it this round. Several things have happened over the past 2 weeks that play a part in this. First the bad news, my bike is still in a million pieces. I tore it apart to powder coat and fix my oil burning motor. The guy that was to help rebuild the 450 died saturday. I spent the last 5 days at either a funeral home or his wife's house. The good news is that this great guy (Kenny) was to be my brother-in-law on April 28th 2007. Yes, Chucke's getting married!

I'm trying to get the JB weld sponsored YZ250 together in hopes to make it out for saturdays ride. Wish me luck!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Not sure if I read that right, but if I did sorry for the loss of your future brother in law. And if I didn't, well I'm still sorry for your loss.

Congratulations, however, on the engagement, that's great news! :cool:

Hope to see you Saturday, and if not hope to see you soon.

good luck with everything!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Thanks Sam! Yes you read that right my future brother inlaw passed away this past weekend. He had alot of people that cared about him. In 2 nights of viewing we had over 1500 people show up and almost 400 for just funeral.

If i dont have the bike running i'm hoping to bring Peggy out to meet all of my dirtbiking friends. She sure has heard alot about most of you over the past year.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
so did you and peggy meet while you were both trying to shove some kind of rare endangered animal into the same gopher hole? :rotfl:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Chuck, sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences for you and Peggy.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Sorry to here that Chuck, thats too bad for your future wife, does she know what she is getting into? Sorry, had to be done. No for real thats a shame. hope to see you out there at least. I just sold my Hazelton resident beater bike YZ 250 AKA the red head step child too last week so I have nothing up there as a spare. But hey, thats what you get when you take your bike apart to powder coat it. Im sure some spray on antipersperant would have been just fine :nener: .
Dave, well, I have to describe it as deflecting on rocks at high speed wich is noting new for not haveing a steering damper, in the past I have let most of the air out of my front tire when its not been flat and softened my clickers. I think I went to soft since now Im getting what Ill call tucking, when I go to turn the bike at high speed the bars just bite back and throw the wheel the other way. I realised the other day I was only 2 clicks out of the softest setting so I think I rolled the top clickers to soft. I need to get out my book and find out where thos other clicers on the bottom are. I think my rebound is maybe what I have been softing up where my issues are with compression. I think by going to soft on the rebound I caused the front of the bike to dive on turns. Anyway, I think I will try to get back to the settings I have recorded in the back of my book and tweek it in from there. Thanks for the spare tired. Im not using that other work cause Im tired of the spam links highlighting my post,,, :moon:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Damn man, sorry to hear of the loss.

Do what Sam says, come down anyway and ride rooster's spare. We have to meet this Peggy, and warn her.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:
Damn man, sorry to hear of the loss.

Do what Sam says, come down anyway and ride rooster's spare. We have to meet this Peggy, and warn her.

Rooster is going to go through the bike this weekend if he has time....the YZ hasn't been ridden in over a year, since I got the TTR, so he's not sure how it's running etc....

but if he goes through it and it's all set, you're more than welcome to use it.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Chucke, Sorry for the loss :(

It sure would be great to have you come down anyway. And it's a good thing you're going to bring the poor girl that you seem to have tricked into marrying you. We'll do our best to straighten out that mess :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
squeaky said:
Rooster is going to go through the bike this weekend if he has time....the YZ hasn't been ridden in over a year, since I got the TTR, so he's not sure how it's running etc....

but if he goes through it and it's all set, you're more than welcome to use it.

All the trusty YZ needs is a carb cleaning. It is a '00 with minimal use on it, after all. I'll bring a bunch of jets, just in case it doesn't like the Eastern altitude, or is that attitude? :nener:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Not able to make this trip. Wife has school Friday and Saturday. Oldest son has soccer Saturday. Sunday, besides being Father's Day is also the Fun-Fun-Fun Enduro in Somers, CT. I'll be at the enduro.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Who's camping? Where are we camping Friday night? Is Paragon's facility up and running?

Who can make a decision :)

I plan on camping Friday night and riding Saturday morning. I'll have to leave after lunch. But a short ride is better than none at all.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
We're camping Friday and Saturday night at Red Ridge. Last I knew Paragon is still primitive camping....no thank you!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Paragon is still primitive. I shopuld be up late saturday night, gonna miss Gary and dave though, that sucks! Papakeith, bring my tire tools please. It looks like I will actually make this one!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Trigger, I forgot all about answering your email. I will gather your irons and bring them with. Sorry for not getting back to you.

I should be there with two maybe three others. Riding Sat and Sunday 1/2 day

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have our normal spot reserved at Red Redridge for Friday and Saturday. I plan on riding all day Friday and Saturday.

Keith, Are you campng Friday? Sam & Rooster? Anyone else?

I will be at Paragon by 9:00 Friday moring and hitting the trail by 10:00. Same spot in the lower end of the lot. :)

Top Bottom