6th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad Ride - June 21-23 '07!!

BUK0138

Sponsoring Member
Mar 29, 2001
I am going out on a limb here ... but I think its open to everyone ... thats why they moved it to this forum......Big Lou is the man with the plan ...... check with him for the details! :ride:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey Chopper Dave,
Can I give you a call??
We are (the Family) driving down to Tenn that week to have a look around (north/NE with in 1 to 1.5 hours from Nashville airport)
Actually was looking to start in your area, look at land, and end up back at Wardys on thursday (where I will hopefully dump my trailer on the way down) If your listening Wardy, is this possible? and safe?)

Any way though i could get some info from you.

My cell is 414-732-6499 or drop me # to call.

Thanks
Mike

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'll be there to some extent, but I have to work saturday, so I'm not sure what day(s) I'll be there.

Can't wait. I like the track much better since the changes. :cool:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Mike, Yes drop the trailer if you wish just let me know so i can have some one there to unlock the gate......Or maybe even leave it at my shop here in mendota, that way i am around it. I am 22 miles from the park

hope to have the rest of the track changes done by that week, see what happens

wardy

Last edited:
B

biglou

whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Can first year guys come too!
Everyone's welcome! It's a great time. I'm bummed that I will only be there for one day, but I wouldn't be driving 1000 miles round trip if it weren't worth it!

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Thanks Wardy,
Ill get in touch with you. Probably going through friday am sometime, your tele # still 9021 or 9913.
See you then.
Mike

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Zoomer- give me a call 931* 436* 1524. I would be happy to show you around. If you had bikes with you the weekend before Wardy's we could even ride at Turkey Bay!

I may not be able to make Wardy's! Boss is not cooperating for time off. We might have to do the Lou trip planning, arrive Friday afternoon. :|

I need a good pair of a$$-goggles!

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Looks like I will be arriving satuday afternoon, and of course departing sunday afternoon. With a non riding girlfriend and a riding youngster. I may come down for a few hours friday afternoon, but I won't know for sure until friday morning.

What's the plan for a saturday night cookout? Is there a big community one or are we on a fend for ourselves type deal here?

B

biglou

Jaction-We'll be heading to Megacross for the Sat. night races. I can't remember what time we pulled out of FVOR last year to head over to Mendota.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
RIDERS MEETING (MANDATORY) 4:40 PM
PRACTICE 4:55 PM

FIRST RACE TO FOLLOW
-------------------------------
if that helps

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
biglou said:
Jaction-We'll be heading to Megacross for the Sat. night races. I can't remember what time we pulled out of FVOR last year to head over to Mendota.

I forgot about that. I may just try to swing out there friday afternoon then.

The more I think about it, the tougher it'll be for me to swing saturday night anyway. Sometimes it's no fun to be an adult. :(

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well I am definitely up for coming out friday evening for sure!Ryan still has the ebeejeebies about big jumps,but if I drag him out he will be up for it!Oh no,I realized I have NEVER rode that track,got to find the old service honda jersey,wonder if Gerhard has a +47 class yet???

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
biglou said:
I wasn't planning on bringing Timmy, but I might now, it depends on how energetic I feel Friday after work.

I'll check on time off, as I don't know what the attendance policy is, but overall, things seem really laid back. :)

Oh, and MM better race it too if I do! ;)

I don't know about any official racing, but I do plan to bring the little yellow machine too.

I hear you on the long driving for motorcycle vacations/mini vacations! Just got back from one that involved over $600 in fuel between my truck and the bikes I rode while I was there. Ouch. But, this is what we do for fun...so be it.

B

biglou

I'm thinking I'll leave the little bike at home. It's going to be a day trip for me, basically. I don't know if I want to drag both bikes up there with just a half day of riding and one race that night. On the other hand... racing the little bikes is SO MUCH FUN it should be illegal. I dunno, I'll decide in two weeks I guess, lol!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Lou - you might have fun in the "thumper" class.... they only run it at a few Megacross races... last time there were 10 thumper riders (mostly old dudes and chicks, and all hondas) and 11 pitbikes... pretty sure they all ran together, two gate drops, and the same heat/main format.... although I think they might have run kinda close to 250C/intermission... so yeah, could make for a tiring night.

B

biglou

I'm in a heckuva lot better shape than I was last year, lol! I can even wear my own gear this year... :whoa:

I bet I bring the little bike, just in case. Like I said, dicing it up with MM is more fun than adults should be allowed to have! Racing it at MegaX would be a blast, too!

B

biglou

Just race fees for Saturday night is all I can think of. It's a pretty cheap outing. Oh, and we usually have to find some devious way to make Wardy take some money from us for letting us crash his place. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
One week!!! :yeehaw:

10-day forecast is calling for mid-80's and sun!

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
My boss decided to let me off Thurs, so Martina and me will arrive Thurs afternoon. Wahooooooo!!!!! :cool:

Lou, I was hoping you would bring the little thumper so Martina can try it. I'm trying to talk her into a new crf150r!

Top Bottom