6th Annual DRN Fox Valley Offroad Ride - June 21-23 '07!!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
We should be pulling in about 48 hours from now :aj: :ride:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Dam you all :p I am out Trudy just reminded me of a commitment that I had completely forgotten about :bang: . Spider might still make it down if he can get a friend over 18 to go also. He wants to race MegaX Saturday real bad- would be his return to racing.
If he makes it anybody got a canopy he and a friend can crash under??

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I think we will have an easy up....somebody better have one....forecast 93 on Thursday!

Steve, Jake and I plan on arriving mid-day on Thursday. :ride:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Dave
Trailer is sitting at wardys. Where leaving TN this moring heading back that way. Eric more then welcome to crash under our roll up. Should be in wed late afternoon if Eric wants to ride Wed night with us. Give me a call on the cell.
Tobad you cant make it.... :nener:

B

biglou

You guys are killin' me over here! The best I can do is shoot for getting out an hour or two early, putting me at FVOR between 10-11pm Friday. I intend to ride the wheels off my bikes Saturday, and race 250C and the pit bike classes at Megacross Saturday night (S-A, T-U-R, D-A-Y...NIGHT!!!!)

CD-I'll have the little bike there. Martina can ride it all she wants.

Save me a beer and some food (any kind) Friday night, eh?! ;)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
there is a 150 down there the nieghbor has one and if she is around would let her try it.

Lou, I am sure you are going to have a 24 hour flu on friday. NO WAY you will miss at least one night by the bon fire?

Old guy, committment? hey you are committed to that mud hole on the race track damit, I rebuilt it. :P LOL>

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Ickynoise bound, see ya'll on the other side :ride:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well,I am hoping Brandon wraps up Ryans suspension and I can get off early Friday.And Gerhards affair with mother nature does not wash you guys out tomorrow.My parents live in ottawa and was asking who all was coming for dinner,hah would she be surprised!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I should be arriving really late Thursday night early Friday morning. I am even bringing along a Motor-cross bike. :p

Mully

PS: Save me a shady - flat spot to pitch my tent.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We'll be there tomorrow evening!! :yeehaw:

I'm ready for a mini vacation! :aj:

Oh yeah... bring along a rain coat or EZ-up.... forecast looks like we might have a self-watering system for the track and trails.... 30-40% chance of isolated showers.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
We'll be there Friday morning. Oldguy, Spider can crash in our trailer if he wants to. If he needs a ride, let me know, we've got room.
We intened to ride a trials event on Sunday downthere as well (Polo, Il), so I'm wondering who's staying at Wardy's through Sunday morning or if that's even an option.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Looks like a shower is coming our way, the good news is that it only looks to be a 1 hour deal,

Im hitting the road at 8am. thursday

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Well...this just in...no really...when I say "well" I mean "well".
What I'm trying to say is...my "well" at my house went out and I am trying to get repaired or replaced. This will delay my deparure slightly, as I can't "well" leave wife and daughter at home with out water. We will still roll in on Friday, just don't know when yet....oh well....

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Mully,gas is at 2.87 at the Burr street exit,if it matters!

So it's a "Known Control" then ?????

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Anyone have a chainsaw they can bring so we can have a nice fire? :aj:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
We rode all day Thursday in a dust bowl on the track, but the trails were ausome! Wardy preped the track for us thursday afternoon- evening. Thursday 11pm - 3am brought us plenty of rain. By noon friday, the track was back in good shape. Several chain saws had a nice big fire Thursday evening. There were 22 DRN'ers when I had to take off on Friday afternoon. Good rides, good camp fire stories, good friends. doesnt get much better . Thanks Wardy for letting us take over the park :cool: There is still Saturday if you can make it.
Walt

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
WaltCMoto said:
There were 22 DRN'ers when I had to take off on Friday afternoon.
Walt

Wow! Pretty good turnout.

Nice to meet ya Walt, thanks for not letting me sit by the truck being introverted. Great group of people from the short amount of time I was there, Chopperdave, Motometal, MXSparx, etc.

Thanks to Wardy especially, for letting us take over and spending time working on the track, etc. I'm sure you're a busy guy.

Oh, and thanks for the splash of gas, while I was putting my gear on I knew I was forgetting something. :rotfl:

It really was nice to meet everybody.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Friday the trails and track were in real good..shape!! no rain. great day!
very cool to see everyone again, and meet some new faces!

as for happenings-

You'll see shots of a very stuck Mully soon..
While he is no Donny, he did his very best impression ,
and we are all proiud of him..

and Lou (Dorothy) was in route to FVOR,,
got halfway there,,

then suddenly remembered -

he had cheese at home.....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Up till 5:45 am with brake issues,resolved.A few phone calls before departure and Gerhards affair with mother nature strikes again!Dang,what did you do to her!Well,seen Bill's new 1983 CR430,stole jerky for Patty,and now try to get to sunset ridge,bonus points race,Gerhard usually shows up with the mighty AF!Yeah baby!

B

biglou

I got about 20-30 miles south of Des Moines at about 4:45 yesterday afternoon and had to pull off into a parking area with everyone else on the hiway. The temp had dropped from 92 to 65 in a matter of about a minute. I was watching the right side plate on my 250 and thought it might blow off while I was parked. The storm, from a distance as I drove into it, was the most ominous-looking thing I'd ever seen. Sure wish I'd had my camera. :( And I've never in my life pulled off the road for a thunderstorm. Listening to the local radio, I find out I am about a mile from a tornado warning, and that I-80 is a total mess heading east out of DM, so I cut my losses and turned around (I was 160 miles into a 475 mile drive). I figured since it was all heading east, there wasn't much sense in me following the storm for another 300 miles. Heading back, there was a rollover accident where I turned around, places where water was crossing the hiway at least 6" deep, etc. I am bummed that I did not get to see everyone, and ride and race.

Iowa storm story here: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070623/NEWS/706230348/1001

Photo gallery: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ap...=NEWS&Lopenr=706220812&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
AJ Waggoner said:
then suddenly remembered -

he had cheese at home.....

LOL AJ!!!! I got your text last night about Dorothy's cheese, and laughed my butt off!! :laugh:

Actually... Dorothy made the right call, it started raining last night, and it was still raining when we left the park today at noon. Megacross rainout and FVOR was pretty soggy too... but yesterday was an awesome day of riding! Thursday night's rain made for great conditions at Fox Valley, and the new track changes were pretty sweet too. As always, nice seeing everyone!! AJ, thanks for letting me take a few laps and crash the JR while trying to dice with Red. Wardy, thanks for letting us come out again! Let's hope for some better weather for next year! Speaking of the weather... it was Dorothy who picked this weekend in the first place! :pissed:

Top Bottom